[Where is] Jerry Sullivan

I was looking forward to his column on Monday (I know most of you do not) and there was not one. Does anyone know what happened? I did not know if he was on a different assignment.

Thanks

You're asking here? LOL

Here Sullivan's a pariah and persona-non-grata because he hasn't lip-locked the sphincter of the organization.

Put another way, he writes independently and doesn't drink from the same water cooler as most here do and have. Now that he's been more validated than the average person here however, I doubt there will be much criticism of his work anytime soon.

Once that pendulum starts swinging the other way, lookout, nothing can stop it. lol

His mother is ill and he is with her this week. This is per Jay Skursky's chat yesterday.

I was going to post something nasty about Sullivan, but given the situation with his mother, I will give him a break. I hope she is ok.

too bad. I was hoping that Sullivan was gone for good. Gleason, too.

Wow the hate for Sullivan here is unreal. Possibly a mental transference from following the Bills? What ever happened to don't shoot the messenger?

You don't like him, don't read him. Or are you hoping for him to go and be replaced by a cheerleader?

Wow the hate for Sullivan here is unreal. Possibly a mental transference from following the Bills? What ever happened to don't shoot the messenger?

You don't like him, don't read him. Or are you hoping for him to go and be replaced by a cheerleader?

The problem with Sullivan is that he could write a negative article about vacationing in paradise.

The problem with Sullivan is that he could write a negative article about vacationing in paradise.

That's not what he writes about. He writes about the Bills. His negative assessments over the years have proven correct. Would you prefer Baghdad Bob, predicting Iraq victory as the American tank is running over his foot?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

That's not what he writes about. He writes about the Bills. His negative assessments over the years have proven correct. Would you prefer Baghdad Bob, predicting Iraq victory as the American tank is running over his foot?

I will never understand the unwillingness by some, to accept the fact that Sullivan is a columnist, who is paid to put his OPINION in print, but at the same time the haters rush to see his column every morning. :lol:

Let's put things in perspective. He is a professional complainer. As some of you may recall, he was screaming last year about how the Bills needed to extend Fitz and bitched and moaned about it until it happened.

The first article that I ever remember reading that he wrote was a hit piece on Bruce Smith way back when Bruce was with the Bills.

Every time I hear him on WGR when I stream WGR, he just sounds like the cranky guy screaming at kids to get off of his lawn. Sure, he is a columnist and he writes opinion pieces. That does not mean that his opinion is based on some superior knowledge. His one skill is seeing the clouds surrounding any silver lining.

Having said all that, I hope his mother is ok.

Edited by Peter

His schtick is tired and old. When was the last time you read one of his columns and thought to yourself "hmm, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that before"? It'd be like giving one of the idiots here a column, and having them regurgitate the same talking points.

I will never understand the unwillingness by some, to accept the fact that Sullivan is a columnist, who is paid to put his OPINION in print, but at the same time the haters rush to see his column every morning. :lol:

Exactly. Then when he doesn't show up for a week. the now WEEKLY Sullivan thread is asking where he is. Sullivan is one of the best writers in a town that well has none to speak of. Although I'm sure more than one fan thinks C. Brown is the cats meow. LOL. Also, he's not afraid to give kudos when there justified. Problem is, it doesn't happen very often. Maybe next year.

His schtick is tired and old. When was the last time you read one of his columns and thought to yourself "hmm, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of that before"? It'd be like giving one of the idiots here a column, and having them regurgitate the same talking points.

I actually think that he is one of the "idiots" here and is just afraid to admit who he is. I would not be surprised if some of the other members of the Buffalo media post here without identifying themselves (unlike JW who is up front about it).

I actually think that he is one of the "idiots" here and is just afraid to admit who he is. I would not be surprised if some of the other members of the Buffalo media post here without identifying themselves (unlike JW who is up front about it).

I'm willing to bet that he and/or the Buckster post on various Bills and Sabres sites.

Pretty sure that Schopp posted as "maxsacne" on sabresfans.com a few years ago.

I like reading him. Does he sometimes go into the "act" of pointing out the negative too often? Yes. Is he too verbose most of the time? Yes. That being said, he is a very good columnist who tells the truth when others dont want to hear it. I agree with 50% of what he says/writes but he backs up what he believes in. He doesn't just throw things out there like that garbage of a station he appears on. Hope his Mom takes a turn for the better.

You're asking here? LOL

Here Sullivan's a pariah and persona-non-grata because he hasn't lip-locked the sphincter of the organization.

Put another way, he writes independently and doesn't drink from the same water cooler as most here do and have. Now that he's been more validated than the average person here however, I doubt there will be much criticism of his work anytime soon.

Once that pendulum starts swinging the other way, lookout, nothing can stop it. lol

No. He just doesn't fit the bill for people who used to read that rag of a newspaper in that dump of a town. He is no Larry Felser, Milt Northrup, Milt Joffe or any of the rest. I still have the sports section from when we beat KC in the AFC championship. That was a group of people who could write.

No. He just doesn't fit the bill for people who used to read that rag of a newspaper in that dump of a town. He is no Larry Felser, Milt Northrup, Milt Joffe or any of the rest. I still have the sports section from when we beat KC in the AFC championship. That was a group of people who could write.

I really liked the writers you mentioned. I could hardly wait for the Monday paper. But don't you think it's easier to write a entertaining column about the AFC champ Bills then years of here we go again Bills 6-10 columns?

Dump of a town? What paradise you living in?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I just wonder why the hate for Sullivan. Most of us come here and spew half crocked theories and rant wishing we had a greater voice to show our displeasure. Sully puts most of what we think into mass print and he is chastised. If u want just the facts, dont read a columnist.

that's wrong, too. read the thread before you attempt to come up with a response.

callous blowhard.

jw

Sullivan has no problem being a hard a$$, don't dish it out you cant take it. Besides the doomsday clock has started on this franchise, remember to wish Wilson a happy 94th birthday this week ! tick-tock tick-tock

As well, when you see Brandon ask him how the lease and roger negotiations are going. I seem to recall you felt all was moving smoothly back in August, I disagreed.

JW

Sullivan has no problem being a hard a$$, don't dish it out you cant take it. Besides the doomsday clock has started on this franchise, remember to wish Wilson a happy 94th birthday this week ! tick-tock tick-tock

JW

Why are you here then? Other than trolling? Sometimes reading a guy like J. Sullivan requires a better understanding of comprehension. Obviously you haven't read the guys work very long, if at all.

Your comment on the owner is classless.

JW

Hey there sunshine. Let me guess, you also think life is like a box a chocolates........

JW

As has been noted here in this thread, Jerry is dealing with a family illness and you consider this a time to pile on with some cliched drivel. That's lower than low. Evidently, you have no shame.

jw