Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some... ;)

For me maybe the worst part of the TV broadcast yesterday was the story they told about how Seattle got Wilson (They were telling lots of stories to try and keep the audience tuned into the massacre).

The scout saw Wilson and sold Carroll. Gambling he would fall to their third round pick, which he did, they took him.

Makes me sick about how bad the Bills front office has been historically when I hear stories like that about other teams.

Edited by CodeMonkey

For me maybe the worst part of the TV broadcast yesterday was the story they told about how Seattle got Wilson (They were telling lots of stories to try and keep the audience tuned into the massacre).

The scout saw Wilson and sold Carroll. Gambling he would fall to their third pick, which he did, they took him.

Makes me sick about how bad the Bills front office is when I hear stories like that about other teams.

Yes, a steal at pick 75! And no doubt our "football guy" Nix sold Gailey on T.J. (Mr. Dropsy) Graham at pick # 69 But hey, let's lose out for draft position...

Yes, a steal at pick 75! And no doubt our "football guy" Nix sold Gailey on T.J. (Mr. Dropsy) Graham at pick # 69 But hey, let's lose out for draft position...

A little more insult to injury

Look at the season Hilton is having in Indy.....yeah........ he was rated higher than Graham and picked afterwards.

What difference would it have made if the Bills had drafted Wilson? We'd just be wondering why they never activate him week after week.

Completely disagree and there is proof with gailey's own record. Sure, ditching one guy (Edwards) for another guy he didn't draft (Fitz) was probably easier, however, making the switch for a draft that you are involved in is the easiest coaching decision to make and is not the same as explaining why you are not making second rate QBs like Tyler or Jackson the starter.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Nix did say that some teams Draft by size, speed, etc...he talked about Parcells Drafting that way...

But Nix said "I firmly believe that winners come in all sizes."

Dalton, Kaepernick, and Wilson could all have EASILY been Drafted by The Bills with no more than a 2nd Round Pick...And only subtracting either Aaron Williams, or TJ Graham off this Roster...That is just sickening to think about...It makes me physically ill... :sick:

Cousins should go on the list too I think.

If this team does not select a QB by round 2 at the latest Nix will once again miss the boat.

From Peter King's MMQB:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121224/peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback-week-16/?sct=uk_t11_a3#all

Among the draft choices picked by teams in desperate quarterback straits before Seattle took its current starting QB, Russell Wilson (75th overall) and Washington selected its backup QB, Kirk Cousins (102th overall) in last April's draft:

Arizona: CB Jamell Fleming (backup corner, special-teamer), 80th overall.

Buffalo: WR T.J. Graham (wide receiver with 30 catches), 69th overall.

Jacksonville: P Bryan Anger (third in NFL in net punting average), 70th overall.

Kansas City: G Jeff Allen and T Donald Stephenson (both have started this year), 44th and 74th overall.

Jets: LB Demario Davis (backup linebacker averaging 21 snaps per game), 77th overall.

From Peter King's MMQB:

http://sportsillustr...t=uk_t11_a3#all

Among the draft choices picked by teams in desperate quarterback straits before Seattle took its current starting QB, Russell Wilson (75th overall) and Washington selected its backup QB, Kirk Cousins (102th overall) in last April's draft:

Arizona: CB Jamell Fleming (backup corner, special-teamer), 80th overall.

Buffalo: WR T.J. Graham (wide receiver with 30 catches), 69th overall.

Jacksonville: P Bryan Anger (third in NFL in net punting average), 70th overall.

Kansas City: G Jeff Allen and T Donald Stephenson (both have started this year), 44th and 74th overall.

Jets: LB Demario Davis (backup linebacker averaging 21 snaps per game), 77th overall.

Graham did fine. Moulds who turned out to be pretty good and was a first rounder only had 20 catches his first season and he had a HOFer throwing to him.

I don't have a problem with the Graham pick at all, and if we get a QB who can throw the ball accurately beyond 10 yards Graham will shine.

The Graham pick may turn out to be fine but it's a he'll of a lot harder to find a very good QB than it is to find a serviceable wide receiver. At the same time, Spiller's performance has taught us not to judge these guys too quickly - and maybe that the staff doesn't know what they're doing with them to begin with. I'll give Graham a pass for now. It is not his fault where he was drafted, or whom the Bills passed up for him.

The frustrating thing is watching guys like Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and Cousins slip past the Bills when it should be obvious to anyone that our QB has severe limitations. Fitz is not terrible, but he'll never be terrific. And you have to be getting some terrific QB play now and then to win in the NFL. Drafting Aaron Williams instead of a QB looks like one of the bigger blunders of the Nix regime. It's the kind of move that lends credence to Bill in NYC's feelings on DBs and the Bills.

What difference would it have made if the Bills had drafted Wilson? We'd just be wondering why they never activate him week after week.

Sad, but probably true. Gotta wonder about the QB's all having so much "trouble grasping" the playbook. Wonder if it is really that difficult, or if it is just that convoluted and unintelligible.

The Graham pick may turn out to be fine but it's a he'll of a lot harder to find a very good QB than it is to find a serviceable wide receiver. At the same time, Spiller's performance has taught us not to judge these guys too quickly - and maybe that the staff doesn't know what they're doing with them to begin with. I'll give Graham a pass for now. It is not his fault where he was drafted, or whom the Bills passed up for him.

The frustrating thing is watching guys like Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and Cousins slip past the Bills when it should be obvious to anyone that our QB has severe limitations. Fitz is not terrible, but he'll never be terrific. And you have to be getting some terrific QB play now and then to win in the NFL. Drafting Aaron Williams instead of a QB looks like one of the bigger blunders of the Nix regime. It's the kind of move that lends credence to Bill in NYC's feelings on DBs and the Bills.

I really think Buddy got his GM education right there ....thinking everyone was adhering to the same value charts when it came to the 1-a and 2nd tier of draft-ready QB's. 2 years in a row, he thought those guys would just linger around, he can sneak another non-qb pick in, and still have them there.

That is why he needs to be fired; he managed the situation not by aggressively addressing our most desperate need, but by what he thought everyone else would do and pre-packaged thinking.

We need a war time Consigliere!!!!

Ouch.

It must be remembered that Seattle did not do badly with TJax (playing with a torn pectoral muscle) last year. Yet they put a lot of oomph into improving at the QB position, while we continue to shop the blue light specials at Kmart, the NFL yard sales, and even the dumpster

Graham may turn out to be fine 3 years from now. The problem is, other teams manage to draft guys who help them win NOW, not 3 year projects.

Edited by Hopeful

A little more insult to injury

Look at the season Hilton is having in Indy.....yeah........ he was rated higher than Graham and picked afterwards.

Don't forget: Nix told us they HAD to move up to get Graham because there were no other WRs available who could stretch the field. He must be fired now.

Cousins should go on the list too I think.

If this team does not select a QB by round 2 at the latest Nix will once again miss the boat.

I am appalled by your assumption that Nix will be in charge of the 2013 draft.

http://deadspin.com/5971067/russell-wilson-is-the-quarterback-darrell-bevell-always-wanted

nice little deadspin article about Russell Wilson, Darrell Bevell, and touches on Tarvaris Jackson as well. worth a quick skim. itll be interesting to see where things plateau once the scheme and player have a bit more film on them.

he looks pretty polished back there though, especially compared to some of the other mid round guys that get drooled over on here.

The issue you speak of

http://deadspin.com/...l-always-wanted

nice little deadspin article about Russell Wilson, Darrell Bevell, and touches on Tarvaris Jackson as well. worth a quick skim. itll be interesting to see where things plateau once the scheme and player have a bit more film on them.

he looks pretty polished back there though, especially compared to some of the other mid round guys that get drooled over on here.

The issue you speak of (opposing DCs identifying and attacking a young quarterback's weaknesses) is something that most all young QBs go through for sure.

Interesting thing about Wilson is that earlier in the season (and we commented on this during an early season live game thread, I think it was the first Seahawks-Niners game) the Seahawks were running a painfully simplified offense.

Their offense resembled a college offense and they were not very good. That week Warren Moon said that the Seahawks were bringing Wilson along too slowly, not giving him enough of the offense and thus stunting his development.

Since then it seems they've opened up the playbook more and Wilson has been getting better each week.

It should be interesting to track his progress especially as it compared to Luck, Griffin, and Tanneyhill, all of whom are having good to great rookie seasons.

http://deadspin.com/...l-always-wanted

The Osweiler comment was :lol:.