Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

In other predictions, no way the Colts win 5 games with Luck, the Redskins will wish they never traded for RGIII and it's an Eagles / Chiefs Superbowl. Take it to the bank, baybeeeeeeeee!

As you know, stylistically not but functionally?

Absolutely.

Exactly. Obviously different players, but that tier of qb. Reliable, can captain a winner but likely never grouped in that upper tier. While luck gets discussed with mannings Brady and Rodgers he settles into that 8-12 grouping more (roughly). Similarly mid round picks too. Reliable guys you don't complain about.

I could see that as a fair place to talk about following him in a successful scenario. Still a long way to go, but a possibility for sure.

Russell Wilson is good.....just made plays vs the vaunted bears defense....so much for the never be good part.

I only saw a few plays from that game but Dungy was quite impressed.

Said he kept plays alive with his legs before making nice throws.

And again, 9 TD passes and zero INTs in the last 4 weeks.

The kid is coming around.

Agreed. Drew Brees was a "bust" his first few years also given his "physical limitations" Still sucks....will prob never do anything...

I will admit that I have been impressed with Graham though. He will be a good target for a QB that can throw over 5 yards. Seems to have an aggressive attitude on the field also.

We need to draft 2 QB's next year. One in first round that is an alleged "guarantee" and another in Rd. 4-5...I'm thinking Nassib from SU, because, as you said, you never know.

You have to draft the right two quarterbacks, as the Redskins did last year. The rookie behind Griffin could possibly start for a few NFL teams, including the Bills, even with his limited experience.

You have to draft the right two quarterbacks, as the Redskins did last year. The rookie behind Griffin could possibly start for a few NFL teams, including the Bills, even with his limited experience.

I don't think you need to draft 2 QB's, but I agree with regard to Cousins. I watched him alot in college, and I know he has the stuff. I've observed lots of career backups, and he definitely isn't one. Under the right coach, (Not Gailey) he could eventually lead a team deep into to the playoffs.

Another epic fail by Buddy to draft a QB. I was shocked he was available when we had a chance in the 3rd round, and almost broke my TV when the Bills took a WR who would have been available next round. I wonder how they mess up this years draft....

I'd love to know what Buddy was thinking with this kid. If he was 6'2'' or more he would have been a top 5 pick. Did he take him off the board simply bc he was short?

Well, I guess you can say that about every team because they all passed on him multiple times. Kid's playing well but IMO, he is also playing in a great situation. Great running game and oline and a very good defense. A lot of games, the Seahawks aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard (20 points/ game, 3 less than the Bills). When you have a defense that keeps you in games, it helps any QB.

Honestly, he won't have any impact on our record. He scored less points than the Bills did in each game against the Pats. The difference is his defense shown up. Still, his upside looks really good. Still, he seems to have the clutch gene.

I wish Russell Wilson was a Bill....

This city would have gone nuts for him. He's an underdog who works hard and snatches victory from the jaws of defeat...sigh....

But if he was 5-7 like he most likely be if not worse, we'd be running him out of town and hoping to draft a guy. :nana:

I watched a good part of this game, flipped ebtween it and the Lions/Colts game, and the biggest thought I had was that the Bills probably should have dealt Jackson to the Seahawks and kept Lynch.

As for Wilson, He has played well this season and has some legs that allow him to keep plays alive. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Luck/RGIII right now, but he isn't a bad QB. As much as you can credit Wilson for the win, you have to also blame the Bears defence for letting them run over him on the game winning drive. Almost that entire drive the announcers kept saying how badly gassed the Bears defence looked out there, they just looked like they had no energy left to stop anyone.

I wish Russell Wilson was a Bill....

This city would have gone nuts for him. He's an underdog who works hard and snatches victory from the jaws of defeat...sigh....

But instead the sheep root for the underdog with a noodle and a beard who throws ints into the jaws of defeat... sigh...

I was hoping for Russell but tards said he was crap because he was short but like doo-doo cuz he had an "awesome" beard...smh... :wallbash:

Well, I guess you can say that about every team because they all passed on him multiple times. Kid's playing well but IMO, he is also playing in a great situation. Great running game and oline and a very good defense. A lot of games, the Seahawks aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard (20 points/ game, 3 less than the Bills). When you have a defense that keeps you in games, it helps any QB.

When you have a QB who does not throw picks in key situations it keeps you in games, too.

I don't think anyone is saying the Bills should have taken Wilson in Round 1 (although that certainly would have been defensible, in retrospect), just that they should have taken him in round 3, when he was still available. Not very many teams passed on him in Round 3, and certainly no teams who were as QB-needy as the Bills. And of course the Seahawks picked Wilson in round 3 even though they had just spent big bucks on a QB in free agency. From what I understand, Buddy did not even consider taking a QB in round 3. Absolutely reckless and inexcusable.

Edited by mannc

But instead the sheep root for the underdog with a noodle and a beard who throws ints into the jaws of defeat... sigh...

I was hoping for Russell but tards said he was crap because he was short but like doo-doo cuz he had an "awesome" beard...smh... :wallbash:

Says the guy who root for Vick because he was on a video game cover 8 years ago. This just in, Vick sucks and jsut lost his starting job.

Its way to early i know but he has all the tools. He also has the intangibles. If he was 6'3 he would have been a top 15 pick.

Kudos to Carroll and Seattle for getting a player who looks to be a solid player at the most important position in all of sports.

I want to see what he does in year 2 and 3 before i crown him the next Drew Brees.

When you have a QB who does not throw picks in key situations it keeps you in games, too.

I don't think anyone is saying the Bills should have taken Wilson in Round 1 (although that certainly would have been defensible, in retrospect), just that they should have taken him in round 3, when he was still available. Not very many teams passed on him in Round 3, and certainly no teams who were as QB-needy as the Bills. And of course the Seahawks picked Wilson in round 3 even though they had just spent big bucks on a QB in free agency. From what I understand, Buddy did not even consider taking a QB in round 3. Absolutely reckless and inexcusable.

The difference is that the Bills put a lot more on Fitz' shoulders than the Hawks do with Wilson. It's smart what they are doing with him. And the team believed it was Fitz' team and to get him as much help as possible. For a team they believed was ready to make a playoff run, in their opinion, Graham would have helped out more than Wilson. Personally, I would have drafted a guy to develop under Fitz. And I certainly thought Wilson's upside was limited. He's done well.