Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

Are you serious his height? How tall is Michael Vick, Drew Brees (who it took 5 years and a new team to play great) and Doug Flutie aren't they good.. How tall was Jamarus Russell, Ryan Leaf and Akil Smith aren't they sh*tty? He's a rookie at week 5 what you expect I bet you thought Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman were gonna be trash too... SMH... Close thread please...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few notes:

- My Seahawk friends don't watch Bills games (you can't watch them out here unless you try) and have no idea how Fitz is outside of fantasy football

- The simple fact is, right now, they're both poor options to be starting quarterbacks. So I'd rather not get into a false equivalency about which piece of crap is better, as that wasn't the point of my post or this thread.

- Bills fans, at least this Bills fan, don't want a young QB with potential, they want to go to the playoffs this year. They wanted a young QB with potential 1-3 years ago, who would be ready to play now, and didn't get one. This year, they want both a qualified starting QB and a young QB with potential -- they have neither. My point in mentioning that they'd be complaining WITH Wilson is exactly that, Wilson wouldn't solve anything for *this* team, *this* year. We're not on a 6 year rebuilding plan, we're on a 3 year rebuilding plan, and this is year 3. There is no next year.

- Fitz is one of the lowest paid non-rookie-contract starting QB's in the NFL. Can we drop this hogwash that he got a huge contract?

100% dead on. These same people would be running Wilson out of town on a rail.

GO BILLS!!!

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

LOL...um ok. Really, you can know all of this after just 5 professional games, in which he has played decent so far? You should be on the segment "Come on man" because that's a bit silly to say at this point and I would swap him with Fitz faster than you can say "Come on man". This kid could be ok, bad, great, who knows...all we know right now, is he has led his team to some wins and came out and won the starting job where he was expected to be a 3rd string developmental QB. He beat out 2 experienced QB's, including TJ on our team, and it wasnt because of injury, just flat out won the job.

This kid is doing fine and getting better. I think he has a great upside. The kid is not limited in his tools, his only limitation is height and that can be over come.

A few notes:

- My Seahawk friends don't watch Bills games (you can't watch them out here unless you try) and have no idea how Fitz is outside of fantasy football

- The simple fact is, right now, they're both poor options to be starting quarterbacks. So I'd rather not get into a false equivalency about which piece of crap is better, as that wasn't the point of my post or this thread.

- Bills fans, at least this Bills fan, don't want a young QB with potential, they want to go to the playoffs this year. They wanted a young QB with potential 1-3 years ago, who would be ready to play now, and didn't get one. This year, they want both a qualified starting QB and a young QB with potential -- they have neither. My point in mentioning that they'd be complaining WITH Wilson is exactly that, Wilson wouldn't solve anything for *this* team, *this* year. We're not on a 6 year rebuilding plan, we're on a 3 year rebuilding plan, and this is year 3. There is no next year.

- Fitz is one of the lowest paid non-rookie-contract starting QB's in the NFL. Can we drop this hogwash that he got a huge contract?

Well you may want a qualified starting QB now, but we dont have one and they dont grow on trees. The next best thing is a young prospect.

Is Fitz one of the lowest paid non-rookie QBs? Not sure where you go that..

LOL...um ok. Really, you can know all of this after just 5 professional games, in which he has played decent so far? You should be on the segment "Come on man" because that's a bit silly to say at this point and I would swap him with Fitz faster than you can say "Come on man". This kid could be ok, bad, great, who knows...all we know right now, is he has led his team to some wins and came out and won the starting job where he was expected to be a 3rd string developmental QB. He beat out 2 experienced QB's, including TJ on our team, and it wasnt because of injury, just flat out won the job.

This kid is doing fine and getting better. I think he has a great upside. The kid is not limited in his tools, his only limitation is height and that can be over come.

I've watched a number of the Seahawks' games from start to finish. To whoever said I don't know much about Wilson: I do know that he appears to have trouble seeing over the line, and scrambles outside to try to find an open receiver. This means that he usually throws short-to-medium passes. It's absolutely fair to say that I'm judging him too early, but I don't see Wilson ever becoming a pocket passer. The point of this thread is that I don't think Wilson would have been the answer on this team, particularly when we want to win now (which we could do with a rookie like Luck/RG3, but that's irrelevant). Fitz isn't good, but we wouldn't be 4-1 or 3-2 with Wilson, nor do I think he'd be a good option long term. Feel free to criticize me if he ever becomes a top QB; this is just my opinion.

Well you may want a qualified starting QB now, but we dont have one and they dont grow on trees. The next best thing is a young prospect.

Is Fitz one of the lowest paid non-rookie QBs? Not sure where you go that..

I just did a google search for "nfl starting qb salaries", and surprisingly enough, the first hit was about fitz

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?416633-2012-Projected-Starting-Quarterbacks-Salaries-Where-Fitz-stacks-up

according to this list (which was from preseason), these qbs who a) start and b) are not on their rookie contract make less than fitz:

Matt Schaub

Alex Smith

... that's it.

If you include all starting qbs, fitz is still in the bottom half. He's simply not being paid a large amount of money relative to other starting quarterbacks.

I've watched a number of the Seahawks' games from start to finish. To whoever said I don't know much about Wilson: I do know that he appears to have trouble seeing over the line, and scrambles outside to try to find an open receiver. This means that he usually throws short-to-medium passes. It's absolutely fair to say that I'm judging him too early, but I don't see Wilson ever becoming a pocket passer. The point of this thread is that I don't think Wilson would have been the answer on this team, particularly when we want to win now (which we could do with a rookie like Luck/RG3, but that's irrelevant). Fitz isn't good, but we wouldn't be 4-1 or 3-2 with Wilson, nor do I think he'd be a good option long term. Feel free to criticize me if he ever becomes a top QB; this is just my opinion.

It's quite simple really. Wilson is not yet a pocket passer. If he wants to have a long and successful career as a QB, he will have to become one. It is that simple and there is no argument to be made to the contrary. QBs that have to frequently move outside of the pocket to find lanes disrupt timing with their receivers, limit the amount of available field to attack which makes a defense have to defend less of it, and are easier to scheme against as a result.

Pete Carroll isn't stupid and it was no surprise to find out last week that Wilson is on a short leash in Seattle.

GO BILLS!!!

I just did a google search for "nfl starting qb salaries", and surprisingly enough, the first hit was about fitz

http://boards.buffal...-Fitz-stacks-up

according to this list (which was from preseason), these qbs who a) start and b) are not on their rookie contract make less than fitz:

Matt Schaub

Alex Smith

... that's it.

If you include all starting qbs, fitz is still in the bottom half. He's simply not being paid a large amount of money relative to other starting quarterbacks.

Sorry, I thought you meant non-rookies, not on their rookie contracts. Either way, it doesnt change the fact that we're paying him more than he's worth and more than he would get on the open market.

People in glass houses.....

This is what i do know is one thing that is worse that fitz as a qb, is fitz as a qb in a 5wr set spread chan gun offense when behind. What the heck was that end zone pick??? I have never seen an nfl qb make a throw like that excepting hail mary throws or so.

Are you refering to the pick that Brad Smith threw? I am new here and love Fitz, he is not the answer. I have been waiting patiently all year for the wildcat to produce something and I knew that a throw would produce it. Unfortunately it was a pick, but kudos to Chan for going for the juglar. See ya'll at the Titans game, I am starting the next generation of Bills fans, I am bringing my son to his first game, he needs to see where he came from.

After watching the Sea-hag/Pats game, I agree that Russell Wilson will never be good.

That kid is going to be FRICKIN AWESOME!

Oh, he'll need the help of a motivating coach, and a stout defense, but R-dub will not let them down.

Way to go, Russell!