Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

He completed two passes in the second half last night.... Thats JP Losman bad.

:huh: How did Fitz do versus the Niners on the road? -Were you much impressed with that?

The Kid is 4-3 as a rookie, starting for a team that drafted him as a BACKUP. He WON that job by soundly beating two higher-paid, (taller) veterans. One of which is currently warming the Bills bench.

Last night, he got beat by a superior divisional rival. And while he made mistakes, several of his recievers dropped "DIME" passes that could have led to touchdowns.

In light of these facts, comparisons to J.P. Losman seem uncalled-for. See how Wilson does against us, and THEN feel free to talk s#!t.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far, the 5th game of his career was the best.

His fourth wasn't to bad either. These guys are smoking crack or something. Did you see him hit his WR's in the numbers in stride. If he had WR's that could catch they could have won that game. I remember 3 dropped passes off the top of my head.

His fourth wasn't to bad either. These guys are smoking crack or something. Did you see him hit his WR's in the numbers in stride. If he had WR's that could catch they could have won that game. I remember 3 dropped passes off the top of my head.

PFT stated they dropped 5.

:huh: How did Fitz do versus the Niners on the road? -Were you much impressed with that?

The Kid is 4-3 as a rookie, starting for a team that drafted him as a BACKUP. He WON that job by soundly beating two higher-paid, (taller) veterans. One of which is currently warming the Bills bench.

Last night, he got beat by a superior divisional rival. And while he made mistakes, several of his recievers dropped "DIME" passes that could have led to touchdowns.

In light of these facts, comparisons to J.P. Losman seem uncalled-for. See how Wilson does against us, and THEN feel free to talk s#!t.

This isn't about Fitz first of all. Sometimes we can talk objectively about a single player and not say well hes better than our guy. Its really an amazing concept actually. I said Wilson struggled. It was a contributing reason his team lost.

I dont care if he beat out two guys that were taller, all that tells me is no QB on that team is that good. I have not been impressed with him and dont see him being a long term starter unless he gets much better, quickly. JMO

Feel free to call me a hater though

He completed two passes in the second half last night.... Thats JP Losman bad

Dont get me wrong, I like Wilson. It would be awesome to see him do well, but color me unimpressed thus far

So you read a stat sheet instead of watching the game I take it. He had a lot of balls dropped and they primarily ran in 2nd half with Lynch

This isn't about Fitz first of all. Sometimes we can talk objectively about a single player and not say well hes better than our guy. Its really an amazing concept actually. I said Wilson struggled. It was a contributing reason his team lost.

I dont care if he beat out two guys that were taller, all that tells me is no QB on that team is that good. I have not been impressed with him and dont see him being a long term starter unless he gets much better, quickly. JMO

Feel free to call me a hater though

:huh: So, it's ok to compare Wilson to JP Losman, who sucked like hell, and doesn't play anymore, but NOT ok to compare him to a starting QB he'll be going up against in a few weeks?

Whatever. I ain't here to call names. I even think that "hating" can be constructive if it's based in actual facts. You're entitled to your opinion. Still, it seems some people will find any weak excuse not to accept this kid as a legitimate NFL starter no matter what he does.

Edited by #34fan

:huh: So, it's ok to compare Wilson to JP Losman, who sucked like hell, and doesn't play anymore, but NOT ok to compare him to a starting QB he'll be going up against in a few weeks?

Whatever. I ain't here to call names. I even think that "hating" can be constructive if it's based in actual facts. You're entitled to your opinion. Still, it seems some people will find any weak excuse not to accept this kid as a legitimate NFL starter no matter what he does.

JMO that im not impressed with him. I have the Game Rewind and have watched a few games with him. He looks like a 3rd round rookie on a really good team.

Just a question: Will you and others actually be rooting for the Bills when they play the Hawks? Probably not - at least not 100%. I'm sure there will be a little part of you deep inside yearning to have your ego stroked causing you to run to the computer so you can let everyone know just how brilliant you are.

PS:

www.NFLSHOP.com - if you select standard shipping, you can still get your Wilson jersey in time for the Bills game. :thumbsup:

Just a question: Will you and others actually be rooting for the Bills when they play the Hawks? Probably not - at least not 100%. I'm sure there will be a little part of you deep inside yearning to have your ego stroked causing you to run to the computer so you can let everyone know just how brilliant you are.

PS:

www.NFLSHOP.com - if you select standard shipping, you can still get your Wilson jersey in time for the Bills game. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: Sure. Round us up and shoot us because we speak highly of a young QB.

By the way: www.victoriassecret.com

Next time your panties get in a wad, go buy some new ones instead of whining about it.

JMO that im not impressed with him. I have the Game Rewind and have watched a few games with him. He looks like a 3rd round rookie on a really good team.

I have to disagree with you Cappy.

There has been a lot of criticism of the Seahawks offensive scheme under Carroll. The one thing we know they can do is run the ball.

But in three years, the Carroll-led Hawks have been very poor at throwing the ball. I've read and heard people questioning the design of their offense (however as I stated earlier, part of what's going on could be that they're playing things close to the vest due to having a rookie starting at QB).

Regardless, FWIW (perhaps not much) the Seahawks had a team passer rating in 2011 of 77.6. The team passer rating was 72.1 in 2010 when Matt Hasselbeck started 14 games. So far this year, their team passer rating is at a 3-year high of 79.5 with Russell Wilson playing every snap.

Try to imagine Wilson's stats had there not been 5 dropped passes last night including a possible TD by Turbin and 2 other downfield throws which would have been big chunks of yardage. If these balls were caught drives would have continued and confidence within the offense would have grown.

Anyways, Wilson has put up the highest passer rating in Carroll's 3 years in spite of questionable offensive strategy and wide receivers who can't seem to catch consistently.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Fail thread. I stopped reading after the first sentence. "It's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB". I'll take him over our QB everyday of the week and 100 times on Sunday. I didn't like him in college. I didn't think he would be a starter in the NFL. I changed my mind. What I've seen from him so far in the nfl is that he has a chance to be a dam good QB. Elite? I could care less at this point. As long as fitz isn't our QB, I'd be happy.

An obvious +1

All I know is if Wilson was a Bill and he threw picks like he did vs SF we'd be taking up a collection for tar and feathers.

PTR

Respectfully disagree -- especially if he'd led two game-winning drives, ESPECIALLY against the Pats (and Green Bay*).

We fans want to see progress. 8-8 would be progress. We won't get there with the trash we have behind center right now. Period.

BA

• 4 weeks later...