Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

LOL...um ok. Really, you can know all of this after just 5 professional games, in which he has played decent so far? You should be on the segment "Come on man" because that's a bit silly to say at this point and I would swap him with Fitz faster than you can say "Come on man". This kid could be ok, bad, great, who knows...all we know right now, is he has led his team to some wins and came out and won the starting job where he was expected to be a 3rd string developmental QB. He beat out 2 experienced QB's, including TJ on our team, and it wasnt because of injury, just flat out won the job.

This kid is doing fine and getting better. I think he has a great upside. The kid is not limited in his tools, his only limitation is height and that can be over come.

I agree good post.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, that could happen, but I just don't see it.

If Smith plays like he played on Sunday, we'll be seeing alot more of Kaepernick. To avoid that, Smith should have his act together tonight. I wouldn't be surprised either if Harbaugh gives his defense a Greg Williams-esque speech before the game.

Pretty sure they'll be all-in on Russel's @ss after that.

Wilson is an awesome kid. Perhaps second-best of all the rookies. However, he goes down in flames tonight. He'll put up a fight, but I don't think he's ever seen what Harbaugh's gonna be throwing his way.

Fair enough, man. I just have a feeling about Seattle tonight. I think they could eliminate any doubt that they're a threat with a win over the Niners.

BA

To those saying Wilson was impressive in beating the Pats: Ryan Fitzpatrick, and as someone else noted, Kevin Kolb beat them. Tonight doesn't prove definitively that Wilson will be a good or bad player; I maintain that he will never be above average, but, again, it takes a few years to see.

To those saying Wilson was impressive in beating the Pats: Ryan Fitzpatrick, and as someone else noted, Kevin Kolb beat them. Tonight doesn't prove definitively that Wilson will be a good or bad player; I maintain that he will never be above average, but, again, it takes a few years to see.

It takes a few years to see......yes it does. Which makes your thread irrelevant. Not sure what the point of it is.

It takes a few years to see......yes it does. Which makes your thread irrelevant. Not sure what the point of it is.

My point is that I think he fundamentally doesn't have the skill set needed. In the context of this board, it's for the people who were clamoring for Wilson in the third round; he may be adequate, but the next QB we draft and anoint starter needs to be someone like Geno Smith, not Wilson.

My point is that I think he fundamentally doesn't have the skill set needed. In the context of this board, it's for the people who were clamoring for Wilson in the third round; he may be adequate, but the next QB we draft and anoint starter needs to be someone like Geno Smith, not Wilson.

Other than height, what are the skills you think he is lacking?

He's got a great arm, mobility, is tough, oozes leadership, is even tempered, is smart, understands the game, learned the offense quicker than Pete Carroll has seen anyone before... but, yeah, he's not 6'8". Good thing he's not a C in the NBA. B-)

He's got a great arm, mobility, is tough, oozes leadership, is even tempered, is smart, understands the game, learned the offense quicker than Pete Carroll has seen anyone before... but, yeah, he's not 6'8". Good thing he's not a C in the NBA. B-)

Wilson tends to have to throw from outside the pocket. He's been getting a lot of time, and that's not a luxury he'll always have; plus, he's been one of the worst QBs in completion percentage and Y.P.A. That being said, I think Golden Tate and the rest of his receivers are horrible and can't catch.

This is the dumbest post ever. Maybe you can tell me my future too Cleo.

It's a message board. I'm giving my thoughts on Wilson, as are others with constructive posts. Yours isn't.

I bet you'll feel really cool when he tanks too but when hessucceeds you'll forget all about it.

I said that I'll concede my point if he succeeds. What's your problem?

He completed two passes in the second half last night.... Thats JP Losman bad

Dont get me wrong, I like Wilson. It would be awesome to see him do well, but color me unimpressed thus far

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Dont get me wrong, I like Wilson. It would be awesome to see him do well, but color me unimpressed thus far

The point of the question was to see if ny33 had anything other than the height measurement on Wilson. Your misunderstanding it completely if you think the question implied he had a great second half last night.

I don't get all the 'I told you so's going on about Wilson either. Yes, he hit the wide open receiver for the winning TD against NE (I guess Bills fans should be excused for thinking that is a special achievement), but otherwise the Seahawk offense has been pretty medicore. They averaged 14 points in a 3 game stretch against STL, CAR, GB -- not exactly the cream of the crop in defenses and were completely shut down last night.

As with any rookie it's way too early to make a call on Wilson, but it's not like he's putting up RG3/Luck rookie stats so far.

The OP's point was to prop up the decision of Nix to reach for Graham in the third while ignoring Wilson.

Graham has started a few games, has the lowest YPC on the team and has only 11 catches. (Those aren't even Namaan Roosevelt numbers). It appears that Wilson, as a starting QB (no one expected him to start--let alone perform like "RG3/Luck"), is infinitely more productive so far in his rookie season than Graham.

Th OP telling us that Wilson will never even be a "good" QB after 5 games is his clumsy way of defending the Graham pick.

Ahh yes, I can read

Since you're the captain of hindsight, I'd figure you'd be the first guy on the bus for taking a wait and see on this one. B-)

It's really kind of idiotic to assume he's going to suck purely based on his height though. Drew Brees is rewriting the record books and he's not tall at all.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see. The kid has looked good and bad so far, which is about exactly what should be expected out of a 3rd round rookie QB with some talent. ;)