The Gailey Era Is All But Over

Outside of nightmarishly bad strategy, there is another significant problem that isn't on Nix whatsoever, but Gailey.

I get that coaches don't want to create panic when things are going bad by losing control by screaming at players, the refs, other coaches.

However, no emotion whatsoever tows a fine line between appearing calm and controlled and appearing aloof.

The whole team has the look and feel of being lobotomized. You've got the DC up in the press box, detached from things going on down in the field. Gailey shows zero emotion, good or bad. Players aren't angry they get dismantled game after game.

It's just another routine day at the office for everybody who's paid to be a Buffalo Bill.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan is defeated.....it was evident last week when New England performed a brutal home invasion. A team, like a child, will feed off what the parent / coach represents and Chan is obviously not confident with any facet of this team nor his coaching. Apparently he is willing to fall on the sword for his players but completely dismissing the players accountability in the debacle that has taken place over the past 2 weeks is inexcusable. Not once did i see him get fired up or into a players face over the past 2 weeks. Then again if he gets animated or calls a player out he gets more camera time and if i were him i wouldn't want to be shown on television coaching this team any more than i have to. Chan is embarassed and should be while jack off Wanny hides in the booth and Nix is MIA. A lot of folks think coaches should be getting fired but honestly if Chan and Wanny had any self respect they would resign as they are in over their heads anytime they have to face a .500 team or better. KC and Cleveland have to be thinking "how the hell did we lose to these morons"

Holy crap, of course its all Chans fault...CHAN PICKED FITZ and has stuck with him

Chan didn't draft a rookie QB the last 3 years...

Chan hasn't brought in adequate competition for Fitz in free agency

All Chan wants to do is throw the ball, Fitz is more then happy to oblige

last time i checked, buddy nix has final say over the draft, free agency, trades and the roster.

chan picked Fitz over thigpen, brad smith, vince young and tavaris jackson......can't say i blame him.

thru 5 games the bills have thrown 54% of the time......even though they were playing catch-up.

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is the best QB on the roster.

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is lousy throwing a deep ball.

it's not Chan's fault that once injuries hit the starting O-line, we chit the bed.

the biggest problem on offense is a lack of a FRANCHISE QB.

i would NOT fire Chan at this point, i think that would cause more problems than it cures.

Wannstedt deserves to be fired immediately, but i would do it in two weeks during the bye week.

Fitz is Chan's guy. So I do put the blame on him. That and he has totally relegated defense to Wanny...

He looks like a wino who stumbled into the field of play. Jeez I think of vince lombardi, tom landry, hank stram and others who actually looked like they were in charge out there and we get a guy who looks like an older version of those two guys from Deliverance.

Hate to say it but to me he looks like an old woman wandering around a Walmart. Hate to say it because I'm sure he is a decent person. Pretty sure I caught him yawning on the sidelines yesterday in the third quarter. Then again I was yawning too.

I may be wrong but I believe Chan has to make a drastic move today to save his job.

We Will see.......

He can't afford another performance like the last two against AZ. He needs to put the fear of the lord into people.

PTR

Any good coach would have had this team performing by now. Chan is not good. Our alleged offensive genius is known for a complicated offense. Obviously it is so complicated the players do not understand it. Same goes for Wanny. Allegedly Chan has given him complete power over the defense (basically because Chan can't do it).

After three bad games, captain checkdown was outta here. Well what is good for the goose......

heads will roll.....i say the entire practice squad will be replaced....

Funny, but that may not be too far from the truth. Sounds like the Bills will need to call up a few offensive linemen from the PS to replace the (once again) ridiculous number of injuries on the line. So they'll have to replace them with fresh bodies...

1.) Rip Wanny a new one and FORCE him to coach the D from the sidelines ... when his guys are screwing up I want him in their faces!!!! (and when Wanny screws up I want Chan in HIS face)

2.) Hire a REAL O coordinator .... this calm cool unflappable persona Chan wants to portray is fine and well for a head coach, but the O coordinator needs to be coaching people up on the sidelines.

I know these players are supposed to be "proffesionals" and shouldn't need the "RAH RAH" stuff, but I'm sick and tired of the players pooping the bed, and Fitz calmly sits down at the end of the bench, Chan folding his arms and stares across the field, and Wanny is nowhere to be found ..... somebody, ANYBODY needs to start a fire in these guys.

I may be wrong but I believe Chan has to make a drastic move today to save his job.

We Will see.......

i think thats very much the fan in you.

unless you are saying without a drastic move this team will just coast to an ugly finish.

i didnt think wed see the last two weeks, but even so, i dont think thats the team we should expect week in and week out. though we had the epic slide this year (and may be starting one now) i think we have some competitive ball left in us.

keeping these guys out on the west coast and kicking their butts around away from the comforts of home may just be the "get away and get your head straight" situation that is needed.... i hope.... but that might just be the fan in me.