The Gailey Era Is All But Over

until we win next week then never mind....put the beer down and take a nap

Giving up 50 a week and we are discussing QB....ya find one that puts up 60 a game

Yea, its not just the QB. No run game to support the QB, only one decent WR. no timing for the deep throws and yet the OC keeps calling them

The defense was supposed to be greatly improved with a top name DC, 100 million dollar FA DE, 1st and 2nd round draft picks all over that defense, and they give up 500+ yards of offense 2 weeks in a row.

The inept 3-4 DC who was fired after 2 horrid seasons is now looking better the wannstache.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's hard to face the facts but this coach has won nothing. It's kills me to watch as a bills fan and see, them get gashed on defense, he shows no emotion, no heart, his players are going through the motions. It sucks because I really do want to see this team turn it around. I been a Bills fan for almost 20 years and every year I start wishing that things will be different. We have the talent but for some reason our coaches don’t know how to utilize what we have on this roster, Fitz is going to be Fitz but you can’t go 5 wide on 3rd and 2. That bad play calling!!! The Defense already knows what you are going to do. Chan suck! Stache suck too (Mr. Vanilla)! He has no imagination what so ever, I don’t see how he was ever considered to be such a great coordinator. His scheme is a joke for an NFL coach. Based on the fact that we don’t have a competent coaching staff that don’t know how to put their players in the best position to win, how does anyone on this board think we will be able to go at least 9-7. Gailey record speaks for itself. Remember he’s 2-14 in the division, 10 and 23 since he's been in Buffalo. Now based on that and what we saw during the past 5 games how can you not believe that this season is over! It’s sad and its only week 5:(

You have to wonder what the conversations are right now at OBD. You know there are calls being made, texts and emails going back and forth.

These are the same emails texts and calls from last 10 years???

If fact there are probably inter office memos with the same concerns before email became mainstream.

These are the same emails texts and calls from last 10 years???

If fact there are probably inter office memos with the same concerns before email became mainstream.

Agreed...... and "You have to wonder what the conversations are right now at OBD. You know there are calls being made, texts and emails going back and forth."

I don't even no what this means. Is Russ calling and texting someone? Is it the bean counter? Is it Ralph?

Oh, it must be Buddy then.....Great. Yeah, putting out feeler's to change this team around after 12 years of no post-season. But today all the calls and text's are making things happen.

OK, you've made me feel better. :wallbash:

Bring on the new owner. Ralph your record for the time owning the Bills is a 'cough' .444 (look it up for yourself).

You are the Most Consistent owner in the NFL!!

Would they fire Gailey and promote Wannstedt to interim? Yuck.

I was thinking about this. We do have one guy with proven NFL DC experience on the coaching roster - Bob Sanders, the LB coach.

I know, I know, the LB aren't good - but is that particular one coaching, or personnel? Sanders was Green Bay's DC from 2006-2008.

They weren't a great D in those years but helluva lot better than this.

Obviously when your offense has 20% 3rd down efficiency, they aren't playing well - but when the D gives up 621 net yards with a 3rd down efficiency of 63% and 100% 4th down efficiency, the D is making a giant sucking sound heard throughout the NFL.

I'm wondering if they toss Wannstache off the bus in favor of Sanders as the interim DC, while keeping Gailey, and give it a few games to see if he can turn this thing around.

That would also buy time to see if there is a plausible interim HC available. It seems to be de rigor to be calling for Fitz scalp, I have to say I can't imagine Thiggy or TJax being the most popular guys in town very long though.

Edited by Hopeful

I was thinking about this. We do have one guy with proven NFL DC experience on the coaching roster - Bob Sanders, the LB coach.

I know, I know, the LB aren't good - but is that particular one coaching, or personnel? Sanders was Green Bay's DC from 2006-2008.

They weren't a great D in those years but helluva lot better than this.

Obviously when your offense has 20% 3rd down efficiency, they aren't playing well - but when the D gives up 621 net yards with a 3rd down efficiency of 63% and 100% 4th down efficiency, the D is making a giant sucking sound heard throughout the NFL.

I'm wondering if they toss Wannstache off the bus in favor of Sanders as the interim DC, while keeping Gailey, and give it a few games to see if he can turn this thing around.

That would also buy time to see if there is a plausible interim HC available. It seems to be de rigor to be calling for Fitz scalp, I have to say I can't imagine Thiggy or TJax being the most popular guys in town very long though.

There is an elephant in the room with regards to getting rid of Wannstedt. They backed out of their original plan in order to install Wannstedt in the first place. To cut Wannstedt off at the knees now would be an admission to the Detroit brass that they were horribly wrong, have no plan, and have screwed the pooch royally.

The utterly inept and record breaking bad performance of the defense is really the sound of the Bills getting back on the coaching carousel. This thing will have to get a ton better in a hurry and today showed no indications of that happening at all.

We need to get a collage coach someone with new Idea who is willing to be innovated not the same old recycled coaches & no for the moment hot assistance but someone outside of the NFL

A collage coach - is that like an art teacher?

Someone who's willing to be innovated? Does it hurt to be innovated?

Hot assistance? I don't even want to know.

A collage coach - is that like an art teacher?

Someone who's willing to be innovated? Does it hurt to be innovated?

Hot assistance? I don't even want to know.

As long as he has new Idea it's all good.

you can't be any more pathetic than to think that Fitz could be your starting QB

I find giving up >1000 yds in 2 weeks to be more pathetic, myself.

One could argue "interceptions" last week, this week though, the D managed most of those 621 yds they gave up for themselves.

There is an elephant in the room with regards to getting rid of Wannstedt. They backed out of their original plan in order to install Wannstedt in the first place. To cut Wannstedt off at the knees now would be an admission to the Detroit brass that they were horribly wrong, have no plan, and have screwed the pooch royally.

I kinda thought giving up >1000 yds and ~50 pts/game for 2 weeks in a row constituted an admission to the Detroit brass that they were horribly wrong, all by itself

Edited by Hopeful

I think Gailey makes it through the season and then the whole thing is blown up. Their schedule is supposed to be easier on the back end so maybe Gailey makes it to 6 and 10 but it won't be enough to save his, Fitz's and Nix's job. Fitz may not make it past the next game although Gailey seems stubborn and may just ride with Fitz the whole way. Whaley takes over and brings his own cast of misfit toys and then rinse and repeat. Believe it or not I am a very optimistic person, as much as I was pulling for them, they just can't execute at the NFL level. Nix may survive as the team on paper is better than its playing, but if you are starting over then start over.

I would love to be wrong about my prediction but i dont see 10 and 6 and a playoff spot. I would need the Hubble to see that.

Go Bills!

I think Gailey makes it through the season and then the whole thing is blown up. Their schedule is supposed to be easier on the back end so maybe Gailey makes it to 6 and 10 but it won't be enough to save his, Fitz's and Nix's job. Fitz may not make it past the next game although Gailey seems stubborn and may just ride with Fitz the whole way. Whaley takes over and brings his own cast of misfit toys and then rinse and repeat. Believe it or not I am a very optimistic person, as much as I was pulling for them, they just can't execute at the NFL level. Nix may survive as the team on paper is better than its playing, but if you are starting over then start over.

I would love to be wrong about my prediction but i dont see 10 and 6 and a playoff spot. I would need the Hubble to see that.

Go Bills!

i guarantee 9-7 and a wildcard. would bet any amount of money youre comfortable wagering.

I think the Bills need to keep everyone of these coaches in place until there is a new owner. No coach worth anything will come to this team right now. This team gets blown up when a new owner arrives. Let the current bunch of misfits play it out until then. This organiztion is a joke. When new ownership is in place, they hire a real GM and then he can hire the head coach, etc. etc.

Edited by first_and_ten

It is all about coaching. I think we have plenty of talents. Fitz limits the offense due to his inability to go deep. But in the end we have plenty of talents. Give our roster to Belichick and we would make the playoffs.

Is it just me or has Chan's play-calling been puzzling? Like today, he had Fitz throwing deep on a 3rd-and-2. After two successful runs, he called for a play-action pass that got Fitz sacked for an 11-yard loss. It seemed like every time they were starting to get the run game going Chan would ruin the momentum with a failed passing play.

Edited by nonprophet

Is it just me or has Chan's play-calling been puzzling? Like today, he had Fitz throwing deep on a 3rd-and-2. After two successful runs, he called for a reverse that got Fitz sacked for an 11-yard loss. It seemed like every time they were starting to get the run game going Chan would ruin the momentum with a failed passing play.

Thing is, though I agree, Spiller was open on that 3rd down play. Picks missed him. Again.