The Gailey Era Is All But Over

Chan and Nix both seem like grizzled long time NFL guys so I thought they knew what they were doing. I try to always look on the positive side, but this team has gone so far past losing into the twilight zone of epic embarassment that I just can't believe it. Losing is one thing (and one thing we have gotten used to as Bills fans the last several years), but to lose in such one sided games is really straining my loyalty. Being from upstate NY, how can I not be a Bills fan? Being a Bills fan, how can I not be a masochist?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am new to the board, but this team has frustrated me so bad I need a outlet to get my frustrations out. For the last 20 some games I have watched Fitz be inconsistant and mediocre at best. Simply put he has to go. Not benched, so half the team can listen to him cry, he has to be released. The same can be said for Wanst. His schemes (whatever they are) simply dont work. There is some talent of the Defense, but it means nothing without decent coaching. No blitzing, out of position, the look of confusion. Come on that is unexceptable. Also this 2 RB system isnt working out. Give spiller more carries. Most teams in the league would love to have a explosive weapon like him on there team, the Bills choose to keep him on the sidelines 70% of the time. I supported Chan and Buddy when they were hired, but it is simply not working out. When you give big money out like they did to Fitz, Williams, and Anderson and they dont perform eventually you have to take the blame for it. If these guys cant show some sign of progress, get them out at the BYE week. Give the rest of the roster a chance to see if we have anything there. Then go into the off season with the info. Thanks

Fire Wanny, first and foremost. A statement needs to be made after consecutive record book poor performances by the defense. Dumb it down and hand the DC job to Sanders. He won't, though, because Wanny hired him in Miami. Cronyism trumps in this case. Too bad.

Sit Dareus, Barnett, Moats, A Williams, Wilson, and Byrd. I'd sit Sheppard, too, but we absolutely have nobody else at MLB.

Hand the reigns to T Jackson. Not because he has a chance of doing better. But because it's clear that the offense no longer believes in Fitz to make enough big plays to compete. I get the impression that Fitz believes that, too.

There isn't much Gailey CAN do at this point. Unless something miraculous happens, he is a lame duck coach at the moment.

Let the rebuilding begin.

Again.

GO BILLS!!!

Chan and Nix both seem like grizzled long time NFL guys so I thought they knew what they were doing. I try to always look on the positive side, but this team has gone so far past losing into the twilight zone of epic embarassment that I just can't believe it. Losing is one thing (and one thing we have gotten used to as Bills fans the last several years), but to lose in such one sided games is really straining my loyalty. Being from upstate NY, how can I not be a Bills fan? Being a Bills fan, how can I not be a masochist?

The NFL game has evolved and unfortunately for Bills fans, Gailey and Wanntrash are living in the past.

Had the best two Sundays in my life the last two weeks. Went to the State Fair and a couple of birthday parties with the family. Why anyone would waste thier time and soul on the "football" the Bills play is beyond me.

The California Atoms would wipe the field with this team right now...

EDIT: the version without the mule!

Edited by TheMadCap

Yea, its not just the QB. No run game to support the QB, only one decent WR. no timing for the deep throws and yet the OC keeps calling them

The defense was supposed to be greatly improved with a top name DC, 100 million dollar FA DE, 1st and 2nd round draft picks all over that defense, and they give up 500+ yards of offense 2 weeks in a row.

The inept 3-4 DC who was fired after 2 horrid seasons is now looking better the wannstache.

THis is a joke right? They were averaging 10YPC until teams figured out that Fitz cant throw long and put 7-8 in the box.

I think the Defense gives it in when they let up 21 points, because the know the offense wont be able to match that total.

i guarantee 9-7 and a wildcard. would bet any amount of money youre comfortable wagering.

I have a feeling you are going to be poor soon.

itll start next week with an easy win against the cardinals.

Are you a comedian?

And stop going 5 wide every time we rush for a first down? Will never happen. I'm with ya. Let's go 3 TE's and run the damn ball. Maybe if our defense was off the field more, we'd only give up 400 yards.

This sounds good.. maybe you should tweet or text this to Gaily.

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

.....This is who the Bills hired.

2007 - Gailey was dismissed from Georgia for having 6 consecutive underacheiving seasons.

2008 - K.C. good season as an offensive coordinator

2009 - Fired as and Offensive Coordinator during pre-season and was out of football for the rest of that year.

2010 - Hired as Bills Head Coach?????

Ladies and Gentlemen, you get what you pay for.

The guy is probably a good off. cord. but I don't see head coach.

Is it true that this is the final year of his contract?

The team is quitting on Gailey. Nix has failed in personnel. Play it out then blow it up. That's my theme for the 2012 Buffalo Bills.

problem is..... play it out, blow it up and watch the team head to another city. Because as long as they stay here without new ownership, they are finished. No major coach wants to take the job unless we grab a great young QB in the draft.

its sad but true.

the thing that blothers me, solid first halfs and no ability to adjust when seond half comes

.....This is who the Bills hired.

2007 - Gailey was dismissed from Georgia for having 6 consecutive underacheiving seasons.

2008 - K.C. good season as an offensive coordinator

2009 - Fired as and Offensive Coordinator during pre-season and was out of football for the rest of that year.

2010 - Hired as Bills Head Coach?????

Ladies and Gentlemen, you get what you pay for.

The guy is probably a good off. cord. but I don't see head coach.

Is it true that this is the final year of his contract?

what was are alternative?

Brain Billick.

seems as if no one wanted the job and Bill Cowher recomenned Chan to us.

Gailey is also responsible for the coaching.

His own failed coaching, David Lee, George Edwards and in hindsight the worse hire of them all Dave Wannstedt.

I think Gailey is taking responsibility for what is happening. Whether or not the team responds is a whole other question. It is clear though that if they continue to get blown out there is no way that Gailey will be around next year.