The Gailey Era Is All But Over

Yeah. CJ or Fred often start in the back and motion out. What for?

I think Arizona is a winnable game. Kolb isn't a great QB either and they have no running game whatsover. Getting the ball to CJ is all we need to do.

If you have Kolb on your fantasy team you start him next week. The Cards have a pretty good defense. RIght now I can't see the Bills winning this game unless some dramatic turnaround occurs next Sunday.

I've come the grips with the hard truth that this team will see no success on the field until ownership changes hands and along with that comes a lot of uncertainty about the team staying in WNY.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey needs to go and Fitz needs to go. So much of success in the NFL is based on coaching, and Chan's offense just isn't getting it done. We need a coach that will get pissed off and inspire the team especially after getting trounced by New England last week. That clearly didn't happen this week otherwise we wouldn't have lost by six touchdowns. While Gailey and Wannstedt are still employed in Buffalo, I will be starting the qb for our opponents in fantasy for the rest of the year.

Fitz's inability to stretch the field is one of the most frustrating things to watch. He tries hard and puts everything he's got into throwing a 10 yard out that most starting qbs can zip in there with a flick of the wrist. He may be a smart guy, hard worker but at the end of the day he doesn't have the tools to win. Obviously that's no surprise to anyone here. I say let's put in T-Jack. He's a .500 qb for his career and that's a hellavua lot better than anyone else we have.

changing the QB isn't the answer. 97 points and 1200 yards against in 2 weeks and you are ragging on the QB. :wallbash:

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is the best QB on the roster.

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is lousy throwing a deep ball.

it's not Chan's fault that once injuries hit the starting O-line, we chit the bed.

the biggest problem on offense is a lack of a FRANCHISE QB.

i would NOT fire Chan at this point, i think that would cause more problems than it cures.

Wannstedt deserves to be fired immediately, but i would do it in two weeks during the bye week.

Unfortunately the only way we will see improvement is if we have a new owner. The front office will not change till that happens. They set the tone and choose the GM and the coaches. They have consistently proven themselves to be incompetent. We have seen the results for many years.

But sadly since that won't happen, I just wish if we get new coaches, they would stay with the players they have and build on them. Stay with the 4-3, since we currently have the players for it. Please, NO more lengthy rebuilding again. Simply continue on next year, getting a real QB, better LBs, and decent WRs through FA and the draft. We just need quality coaches that know how to motivate, create discipline, are able to create practical schemes, and know how to adjust during the game. Our coaches are dinosaurs that time has left behind.

After a season with REAL coaches, only then could they properly evaluate the players we have, and decide who stays and who goes. With the incompetent coaching they have been exposed to so far, it is hard to really tell what the individual players are capable of, or not capable of.

If the Bills really want to win it all starts with the coaching, I believe they have the talent (minus Fitzpatrick) to be a legitimate 10-12 win football team, but it all starts with the head coach. What the Bills need is a hard nose, in your face, hold you accountable, coach....because lets face it, a players coach won't work in this league full of pampered millionaires, and yes, I mean the players who feel entitled because they own 4 houses and drive a $300,000 sports car. I've seen first hand a coach that will get in a player's face, and an assistant's face, take a less talented team and win a championship, albeit not the NFL, but a major BCS conference, and he is doing it again with a team that many people expected to finish with 4-5 wins (this team is nationally ranked).

The Bills need a head coach that at this point in time would have called out his defensive coordinator publicly, letting it be known that one more demoralizing effort by the defense would be the end of Wanny, hell Mike Tomlin fired his special team's coach a week into the season because he wasn't getting it done. Now I'm not saying the Bills need to hire a complete d*ck as a head coach that the players will hate, they need to find the right guy with proven experience and that gets his players to play with a fire under their ass week in and week out. A head coach that will be the first guy to give you a high five for doing things right, or at the minimum giving 110% effort even if you make a mistake, but also the first guy to grab you by the collar and let you know he won't deal with anything less than the standard he sets for the team, whether you are a player or a coach.

If I'm the Bills I keep Buddy Nix as the GM because he can find talent and make the moves that will keep this team moving forward, the guy landed Mario Williams, something that God himself probably said was impossible. The Bills have the right pieces in place to be a contender and Nix brought most of those guys in, firing Nix will put the Bills back another 2-3 years because a new GM will want to make it "his" team and start a rebuilding process. The Bills need to really do their research and find a new head coach that will coach with a certain swag that will rub off on their players. The Bills need to get a younger coach that has a certain swag and a fire in his eyes, a coach that knows how to handle the big egos that come with NFL players, one that will strike fear and respect in the players at the same time. If the Bills can do that I believe that Buddy will do his justice in landing our next QB of the future, I believe he saw the short comings of Fitzpatrick coming after watching him throughout camp and the preseason so he went out and got T. Jackson. Bringing in Jackson allows the Bills to cut Fitz all together after the season giving them a solid number 2 option behind their rookie franchise QB next season, a guy that works hard and will set a good example while providing a healthy dose of competition in camp.

The right head coach will inherit a good team that is loaded with talent, we just need a guy that will know how to get his players to snap and clear (make a play and forget about it as you move on to the next). With a new fiery head coach and a QB that can complete around 75% or more of his passes the Bills will truly be a team to be reckoned with.

Enough with the blow everything up, keep Buddy Nix and start with a new coaching staff and I promise you this team can, and will, go far. We are better than the 49ers team that Harbaugh inherited a few years ago....just a thought from someone who has a career in football.

Anybody else getting sick of these dump off drag route screens to the receivers over the middle? As soon as I saw Brad Smith get drilled by Patrick Willis I knew this game was over. Same thing when I saw Jones get smacked by Wilfork last week on the same exact play.

Until the Bills can adapt to the new NFL style, they won't be making the playoffs anytime soon.

This season is a write off. Keep Gailey until the end of the regular season and then go out and hire Perry Fewell (as soon as he finishes his post-season)... Post season is that thing that keeps on going for a couple of months after the Bills are eliminated.

That is unless Gailey manages to come up with nine wins.

I don't want to sound cruel but didn't Gailey look like a stumbling around old homeless guy out there yesterday?

Please be easy on me this morning as I am more aggravated today then any Buffalo Bills season

If Chan Gailey can do the following, I keep him as head coach

#1 Waive, yes waive Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen today

#2 Move Tarvaris Jackson to #1 with a limited game plan and bring in a quality Backup. I like Stephen McGee (just a suggestion)

I still believe the defense will be fine if Buddy Nix shakes up the team. I believe 90% of the problems on Defense are connected to the Quarterback situation hurting the team.

We simply need new direction... :doh: Suck it up Bills fans, better days are ahead.

What does Chan Gailey need to do today to save his job?

Edited by HOUSE

Please be easy on me this morning but if Chan can do this, I keep him as head coach

#1 Waive, yes waive Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen today

#2 Move Tarvaris Jackson to #1 with a limited game plan

I wouldnt WAIVE them (maybe Thigpen) But here is what I THINK he needs to do turn things around:

1. Behind close doors Rip your DC a new one the D performance the last 1 1/2 games is UNACCEPTABLE for their talent level, also make him come to the sidelines.

2. BENCH someone butt on the D, (has to be a star not performing ) and set an example that PERFORMANCE gets you a start NOT your contract!

3. Change Fitz for a different QB. I personally am not blamming Fitz but the O needs a kick in the butt as well, because you take away the Garbage time TD against NE and the O has scored a hole 3 POINTS.

4. Change the Gameplan on O for the love of peete RUN the ball more and make whoever is QB a game manager PERIOD.. None of the current QB's is a future star they are just holding the spot for the next guy gets there.

Will this save his job? maybe not but at least show he is trying IMO.

How about we get a real owner who has a clue. Attitude of the team reflects the leadership of Ralph and has sucked for more than a decade. Nothing is going to change until we have a real owner.

I think Nix moves on, Whaley gets promoted

I am for Whaley getting promoted but I only see that if Nix steps down, I don't think Ralph will fire him, but Whaleycould be the guy that can land the kind of coach I think Buffalo needs. As for Ralph being the issue at this point I don't agree with that. He is closing in on the end which is sad to see, but he has little to do with the football operations now a days and he has opened his checkbook and trusts Nix to make all the football decisions