Jaws rates Fitz #30 of 32 Starting NFL QBs

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Vick rank? he's got one less INT than Fitz and 6 less TD's. he probably has Kolb ahead of Fitz as well.

No ****

Fitz has been bad. I hope he improves. Lots of talent on this team

There's talent for sure at the RB position..and solid O-linemen...but talking about pure talent on the offense? I'm not sure. What did Chandler ever do before he came to the Bills? How much 1st or even 2nd round talent do we have at TE or WR?

Where does Vick rank? he's got one less INT than Fitz and 6 less TD's. he probably has Kolb ahead of Fitz as well.

There's talent for sure at the RB position..and solid O-linemen...but talking about pure talent on the offense? I'm not sure. What did Chandler ever do before he came to the Bills? How much 1st or even 2nd round talent do we have at TE or WR?

Who cares about Vick? This is a Fitz debate and his raw numbers aren't indicative of his performance. Can he throw the entire route tree? Nope, and Gailey doesn't ask him to. Does he turn it over? Yep, to the tune of 7 times in 4 games. Does he hit his receivers in stride? Not frequently enough and he tends to get his guys injured or they absorb big hits.

I have to say Chandler has proven me wrong in certain respects. I considered him a Buddy Nix bluelight special, but he's demonstrated decent hands and made some plays. He'll never run by anyone like a Jimmy Graham, but he's been reliable in the receiving game.

Who cares about Vick? This is a Fitz debate and his raw numbers aren't indicative of his performance. Can he throw the entire route tree? Nope, and Gailey doesn't ask him to. Does he turn it over? Yep, to the tune of 7 times in 4 games. Does he hit his receivers in stride? Not frequently enough and he tends to get his guys injured or they absorb big hits.

I have to say Chandler has proven me wrong in certain respects. I considered him a Buddy Nix bluelight special, but he's demonstrated decent hands and made some plays. He'll never run by anyone like a Jimmy Graham, but he's been reliable in the receiving game.

:mellow: this was a RANKING. it's impossible to have a RANKING without comparing him to OTHER QB'S and looking at RAW NUMBERS.

Edited by bobobonators

But but but he leads the NFL in tds! :death:

Say what you will about Jaws on MNF but as an analyst (especially qbs) he is excellent. He watches and breaks down a ton of film. Not sure if the show is still on but Edge NFL Match up with him and Merril Hodge was a very good show with lots of tape breakdowns.

As for the actual number attached it is meaningless. Where he has him ranked (bottom third) is what is important. Sure he feasted on Chiefs and Browns (without Haden) Defenses but when faced against a real one he struggled. Badly. You can argue a few spots here and there but the point is he is not good enough. To win in or even make the playoffs your qb needs to be at least adequate (read don't screw it up) against good d's.

Say what you will about Jaws on MNF but as an analyst (especially qbs) he is excellent. He watches and breaks down a ton of film. Not sure if the show is still on but Edge NFL Match up with him and Merril Hodge was a very good show with lots of tape breakdowns.

As for the actual number attached it is meaningless. Where he has him ranked (bottom third) is what is important. Sure he feasted on Chiefs and Browns (without Haden) Defenses but when faced against a real one he struggled. Badly. You can argue a few spots here and there but the point is he is not good enough. To win in or even make the playoffs your qb needs to be at least adequate (read don't screw it up) against good d's.

Uhhhh he's has Tannehill ranked as the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. And this is what he says:

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall. After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Yet Tannehill is 1-3 as a starter..... Has 2 Tds to his 6 interceptions.... Has a completion 55.4%.... and has a passer rating of 66.4 which puts him as 2nd to last in the NFL.

But yea, he's definietly the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well, we haven't had a shot at a really good one in a while. Don't draft low enough and can't afford to trade up in the draft because the draft is all the Bills have to build the team with. When you are a pretty much a crap franchise in a market FAs don't want to be in ya gotta lose out one season to draft a franchise type QB without giving up tons of draft choices to do so. Bills haven't done that, been just good enough to avoid the best draft choices at the top skill positions. JP was the last time they tried trading up to get "the" guy and they even screwed that up. Boy, what a bunch of losers I tied into. Poor Bills. They'll probably never be any good. But I still follow them. I must be nuts. With the area and franchise's terrible reputation plus the way the NFL works, I have a hard time seeing how these guys could ever be really a top team...

Uhhhh he's has Tannehill ranked as the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. And this is what he says:

"It is incredible the way Tannehill not only has adapted to becoming an NFL quarterback, but simply just a quarterback overall," Jaworski writes. "After all of his time playing wide receiver in college, I wondered if Tannehill could make the rapid transition. Through four games, it seems like he can and has."

Yet Tannehill is 1-3 as a starter..... Has 2 Tds to his 6 interceptions.... Has a completion 55.4%.... and has a passer rating of 66.4 which puts him as 2nd to last in the NFL.

But yea, he's definietly the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.

Who would you put higher?! As Mark Twain said "There are 3 kinds of lies; lies, damn lies, and statitstics. What do your eyeballs tell you? Mine tell me that Fitz is very limited and not improving. I haven't seen much of Tanny but he has received glowing reviews from more than just Jaws. Check out this link if you want stats to backup what Jaws is saying. He had them competitive against the Jets (should have won the game twice but Carpenter missed fgs each time) and Cards with a team that many projected to have the worst record in football this year. Damn you for making me defend a Fins player :censored: , but come on man how much of Tannehill have you seen? And what have you seen from Fitz (besides some stats) that makes you think he's good?

I can't view that complete article. But am curious what kind of objective criteria Jaws uses to rank QBs. Fitz's QBR probably doesnt put him in the bottom 3 QBs. Seems like the ranking is more of a gut feel type exercise?

When you are ranked that low by a quarterback who loves quarterbacks, you should be sh***ing yourself. Fitz has got to know that if he doesn't turn it around, his career as a starter is over.

Has Jaws seen what Sanchez or Romo are doing recently? I generally like Jaws' commentary, but every so often he comes up with something that makes me sit up and go "What the !@#$?"

Jaws ranking aside, Is Ryan Fitzpatrick good enough? My eyes say no after seeing him last year and thus far this year. Far too inconsistent with many shortcomings to boot.