Who will be HC next year?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK first we must accept the Bills suck and no coaches want to coach here. We got laughed at by coordinators and college coaches last time we were looking for a coach. We basically settled on Gailey bc we couldn't get anyone else to come here.

So, we need to find a guy who will never get an opportunity elsewhere. That basically limits us to schitty coaches with a bad stigma. I don't think any OC or DC will want to risk there careers in Buffalo, so to me that means we go to coaches who have been an HC before and bring them here for a second chance.

Now lets think about our team. We have two stud running backs and a good young OL. We should have a good physical DL. Our QB sucks and is at best a bad game manager. So in conclusion, if we are going to build a team from what we have, we should bring in a run oriented HC who has had success with big bodies on the DL.

LUCKILY FOR US - there is a coach who fits that mold to a T. - TOM CABLE!! Its just crazy enough to work guys, here me out.

- He alledgedly beat his two ex wives, so no team will prob ever hire him as a HC again.

- He took a very very bad Oakland Raiders team to an 8-8 record in 2010, his last one as HC of that team. BUT - he was 6-0 in the division. If we ever want to make the playoffs, we will need to beat the Patsies.

- He is an OL guru, his teams constantly were tops in the league in rushing, 2nd best in the NFL in 2010.

- with our OL and running backs, we would lead the NFL in rushing.

- A running team would help our defense.

- His defenses got good pressure from their DLs, which we all know is the way to beat the Patsies.

- Again, he was 6-0 in his division in 2010.

Tom Cable is currently the OL coach in Seattle. Seattle's running game has been great under him.

Now, my vote for DC would be Mike Singletary. I love Singletary and I think he is perfect as a DC. He is currently only a LB coach in Minn. He may be a bit out of his element as a HC, however, If Singletary was HC and Cable was OC, that would be great too.

Its crazy but honestly, we aren't going to get a coach here that makes sense. No coach in his right mind would coach this sorry excuse for an NFL franchise, which is why Tom Cable is the perfect canidate.

Well my point is Cable had some success and I can't think of any other coach who has been successful that would come here. Wheather its as a coordinator or HC or in a legit college program.

Cable will never get another shot in this league anywhere but Buffalo (he already burned the Oakland bridge). Its a match made in hell ;-)

Edited by peterpan

I really don't think RW is doing much micromanaging these days. He's just kind of hanging on, which in itself is a problem.

Which ever passionless, spineless pushover desperate for an NFL gig is willing to accept RW's micromanagement and control of drafting and decision making. See: Jauron, Mularkey, Williams, Gailey, Phillips, etc.

David Shaw Head Coach at Stanford.

I don't think Shaw will leave us. Stanford is one of the most respected programs in the country, is recruiting very well, and has won the Learfield Sports Directors' Cup 18 years in a row. It's also in the Bay Area. I just don't see it at this point.

Thats a great idea. He is from the Bellicheat tree. But he is also a Penn St guy so he may be too loyal to Penn St. to bail on them after one year.

I live down in PSU country and to me, and reading between the lines, I dont think hes looking foward to 5 years of sucking in college. These scholarship restrictions will really show in the coming years. I think he would bolt.

Edited by billsfan714

I live down in PSU country and to me, and reading between the lines, I dont think hes looking foward to 5 years of sucking in college. These scholarship restrictions will really show in the coming years. I think he would bolt.

Why do you think he took the job then? He knew they were going to be handcuffed. (I am seriously asking, not questioning you)

I'd take O'brien in a heartbeat. He did a great job this year.

Unfortunately OBrien would be handcuffed in Buffalo too due to Ralph.

Now, my vote for DC would be Mike Singletary. I love Singletary and I think he is perfect as a DC. He is currently only a LB coach in Minn. He may be a bit out of his element as a HC, however, If Singletary was HC and Cable was OC, that would be great too.

Are you aware that Mike Singletary has never been a defensive coordinator at any level?

Gailey, unfortunatley....he's got at least a four year deal and Ralph won't fire him and still have to pay him. Also, his coach budget will continue to give us unqualified coaches even if he did fire Gailey....Mularkey, Williams, Jauron, Gailey....wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing changes until Ralph passes.

Edited by DGW54321

We need Bill Polian and any coach he chooses. The rest will fall into place.

Actually, Polian might be the only quality GM who might come if Ralph fires Nix and Chan... I'd trust Polian to hire a decent head coach and draft the best young QB out there...No way do I want Nix making that decision...