Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

well moorman was in obvious decline starting last season and it had to happen eventually but i still feel like my dog died

I know. The mooreman Probowl or MVP jokes were always there for the taking.

But just maybe.... Maybe this is a new era. An era where the defense plays defense and the offense scores points. An era where the punter is just some guy that kicks the ball a few times a game and never gets hit with lavish probowler praise because he is not more incremental to the teams performance than the QB or DE.

Maybe it's the last piece in the chansformation.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This coaching staff seems to have a habit of voting for Captains then cutting them a few weeks later. After one bad game or one or two bad punts. If I remember correctly, everyone of Potter's kickoffs were returned last week? He should be next since he is using a roster spot just so kickoffs don't get returned.

From Tim Graham's blog post:

Powell, an All-America from Florida State, had a good camp. But Moorman had an outstanding camp and preseason and won the job.

So, like I said earlier, he DID have a great preseason. He's had a great career. With that body of work, he gets cut after three games?!? I'm with Freddy.

Did you watch the KC game?

The real question is what did they caught Brain and the equipment manager doing behind the lockerroom?

Seriously though, I think this might come back to haunt us in FG situations, from a holder perspective, again as said by many before me do this move in august or wait till next august.

Edited by bladiebla

This coaching staff seems to have a habit of voting for Captains then cutting them a few weeks later. After one bad game or one or two bad punts. If I remember correctly, everyone of Potter's kickoffs were returned last week? He should be next since he is using a roster spot just so kickoffs don't get returned.

The team votes for captains I think.

I also don't think you can blame the kicker for kicking it 9 yards deep on two KO and having the return man take them out that far back. The team would take 9 yards deep every single time.

I agree.. we should find 1 kicker to do the job of.. well.. 1 kicker.

Seriously though. Moorman was a steward of the Buffalo community, a great teammate, and...uh...really good at holding snaps for Lindell. As a punter, his star hasn't shown very brightly since circa 2007, but he WILL go down as being number one in ironic jersey-buys.

UppDO.jpg

20012?