Bills vs the Browns - The most dissed game this week

ColdBlueNorth

This.

Brownies are now 0-3 and NO ONE in the national media expects us to win more than once in the next 6 games. Even that (Home vs. Titans) isn't a given. So 3-7 with 6 to play will trash the season and it's what's expected by the media 'experts'. With B-more, Pitt & Cincy, the Browns are already out of relevance for the year.

I'm sure there's many here who believe this, too. Only WINS will change the perception.

Hate to burst your bubble but there were Sports Media types that picked the Bills and to cover the 3 point spread.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys on NFL Network actually apologized for having to show the hilights, calling it a "friends and family game".

This is the first year I've had NFL Network and I've been pretty disappointed.

Now understandably the Bills-Browns game would rank pretty close to last in importance yesterday, but even still, I watched the NFL review show for about 90 minutes, kind of expecting to see NFL highlights from the day's games. Instead, over about 90 minutes I saw highlights from maybe four games. And it wasn't even the best four games -- there was easily 20 minutes of discussion on the horrible Dallas-Tampa game, including 3 separate round tables on TB rushing the Cowboys kneel down formation. Another 20 minutes was spent on the Saints and Chiefs, a couple of 0-2 teams. The amazing game between the Lions and Titans? Barely a mention.

At 7:00 I switched between that, ESPN and the end of the Denver game. ESPN's NFL highlight show is apparently a part-time thing now; they shoe-horned about 25 minutes of highlights/blather of the same 4 games before moving on to baseball or whatever was next on the schedule.

Finally after about two hours NFLN showed two clips from the Bills game; Spiller's TD and his injury. And back to talking about the thriller between the Cowboys and Bucs.

Honestly, I think CBS's NFL Today post game show from the 1970s provided more game highlights than does a full time network that is devoted to just the NFL.

I was so mad when i heard Derron Shape apologize for showing highlights of the game...it doesn't matter if YOU(so called experts) don't find certain teams entertaining ITS THE NFL NETWORK!!! SHOW EVERY NFL TEAM!!!

I recorded the highlights, but didnt see them yet.

That's mean to the freaking fans. That sucks.

Don't forget that even DURING the game, they blew off an entire series to interview the new owner of the Browns.

That REALLY pissed me off...the production crew was treating it like a preseason game.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. It was like a preseason game. I don't think the game sold out, so it was not televised in Cleveland. Outside of Cleveland no one cares what that guy has to say.

Now understandably the Bills-Browns game would rank pretty close to last in importance yesterday, but even still, I watched the NFL review show for about 90 minutes, kind of expecting to see NFL highlights from the day's games. Instead, over about 90 minutes I saw highlights from maybe four games. And it wasn't even the best four games -- there was easily 20 minutes of discussion on the horrible Dallas-Tampa game, including 3 separate round tables on TB rushing the Cowboys kneel down formation. Another 20 minutes was spent on the Saints and Chiefs, a couple of 0-2 teams. The amazing game between the Lions and Titans? Barely a mention.

At 7:00 I switched between that, ESPN and the end of the Denver game. ESPN's NFL highlight show is apparently a part-time thing now; they shoe-horned about 25 minutes of highlights/blather of the same 4 games before moving on to baseball or whatever was next on the schedule.

Finally after about two hours NFLN showed two clips from the Bills game; Spiller's TD and his injury. And back to talking about the thriller between the Cowboys and Bucs.

Honestly, I think CBS's NFL Today post game show from the 1970s provided more game highlights than does a full time network that is devoted to just the NFL.

I love the nfl networks final show. It's usually very good, imo. Fair shake to the bills too. Their last segment 21st/prime is good too. Deion is pretty fair. Cj was on that top 10 2 weeks in a row.

I would say dont exxagerate too much guys.

What you described is the sad trajectory of too many NFL shows. I am interested in highlights above all, and yet the networks seem to think we need constant round tables of men in clownlike suits, interspersed with blathering features and interviews with the same coaches and players.... This is what killed Inside the NFL for me (once it was appointment viewing, to see NFL films' iconic highlights) and it has pretty much killed off the pre- and post-game shows. Alas.

Albany NY, the state capitol didn't even broadcast the game. No highlights the next mornning either. Thank goodness for The "Ticket". We get no respect and Albany isn't going to give them money for the stadium until Ralph says he will stay in Buffalo. That will never happen. Go Bills

The inferiority complex lives on. I understand even feel it but nobody (minus a few thousand die hards) really cares about the Bills an Browns. The only way it changes is through winning. Get relevant to be relevant.

This.

Outside of the fans of each team, no one cares about or is interested in this game. Nor should they be.

I'm barely interested in any NFL games outside of the Bills, why would I be interested in something like Rams vs Panthers?

I didnt want to run everyone's excitement about the Time Warner deal, but I think you'll all find that the NFLN is not all it's cracked up to be. You'd think with having 24 hours a day to fill, theyd give good and detailed breakdowns of every game. Nope, just replaying the same crap about the same few games over and over.

Ya on NFL network darren sharper said srry folks we don't want to talk about this game anymore than you want to hear about we doing it for friends and loved ones of the players. I got a bed memory but it was close to that.

Just days before this TWC and NFLN reach a deal. TWC is the primary provider in this area. The Buffalo area. I realize that this game isn't all that relevant, but you should really be aware of your audience. This is the first experience many in that viewing area have of NFLN gameday coverage, and they have to hear this.

Edited by sodbuster

I didnt want to run everyone's excitement about the Time Warner deal, but I think you'll all find that the NFLN is not all it's cracked up to be. You'd think with having 24 hours a day to fill, theyd give good and detailed breakdowns of every game. Nope, just replaying the same crap about the same few games over and over.

It's pretty sad that there is no PrimeTime type highlight show anymore. That was great; a full hour with a good dozen or so highlights of every game. I never missed it. That show probably spent 50% of the total air time showing highlights (vs. the guys in the studio). The NFLN show I watched was probably about 10%. A highlight here and there just to break up the silly blather. Unwatchable.

Since I live in LA, I was thinking that maybe it was just a West Coast thing. But, yeah, the reporting on the Bills is so sparse, that I am starting to wonder if maybe the NFL is gearing up to move the Bills to LA. Something else that I've been noticing: the Jags are getting a TON of press! WTF!!!