Jets swap OTs with the Rams: Wayne Hunter for Jason Smith

I caught like 15 mins of the jests game last night and all they talked about during that time was how great hunter's replacement was playing. Can't remember the dude's name

I caught like 15 mins of the jests game last night and all they talked about during that time was how great hunter's replacement was playing. Can't remember the dude's name

austin howard. he did look better than hunter has, but thats not hard

Makes a difference when you don't have to face Jason Pierre-Paul.

GO BILLS!!!

Hunter is a scapegoat here. The Jets are just looking to lay blame since they can't find the end zone. JPP is just an unblockable beast. He's gonna make every tackle he faces look foolish. Watch what he does against Solder/Cannon wednesday vs the Pats*. Brady may not survive.

Naa, Hunter sucks/sucked wahtevr. they have plenty of scapegoats

There are times you wish the preseason meant something in terms of what teams are going to look like during the real season. The Jets look like a pile, and I would love every minute of it but preseason doesn't mean a thing - most of us know that, others fall for it every freaking year its quite amazing.

Smith went second overall. Is he as big a bust as Mike Williams? Seems like the Jets got the better end of the trade, Smith is still young and Hunter is done.

The Rams know something here. Some Tackles just can't play. I watched the Giants game and thought Hunter's criticism was overblown. The Jets are in panic mode. Rarely, are good decisions made during a panic. The Jets are in a downward spiral and are about to crash.

http://espn.go.com/n...h-st-louis-rams

Swapping one dud for another teams dud. They are rearranging the deck chars on the good ship Rex.

PTR

I don't know much about Jason Smith, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't possibly be any worse than Hunter. He may be the worst OT I have ever seen in the NFL. 2nd/3rd/4th stringers were simply obliterating him in the last game.

I can't believe anyone would trade anything for him, he was likely to be cut anyway....

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't know much about Jason Smith, but I'm pretty sure he couldn't possibly be any worse than Hunter. He may be the worst OT I have ever seen in the NFL. 2nd/3rd/4th stringers were simply obliterating him in the last game.

I can't believe anyone would trade anything for him, he was likely to be cut anyway....

The Jets essentially traded for another Mike Williams. They are flailing.

PTR

Maybe you're right, but he certainly didn't look as bad as Cannon and Solder. I'm not sure why THAT isn't the biggest story of the preseason. NFL.com hasn't even mentioned them despite hammering away at Hunter. At least he was playing legit and not blatantly holding. The Pats need to follow suit and make a quick panic-trade. Maybe the Jets will take Cannon for Smith?

Hunter is a scapegoat here. The Jets are just looking to lay blame since they can't find the end zone. JPP is just an unblockable beast. He's gonna make every tackle he faces look foolish. Watch what he does against Solder/Cannon wednesday vs the Pats*. Brady may not survive.

Umm its game 4 of the preseason.. why would ANY starters be in??

Maybe you're right, but he certainly didn't look as bad as Cannon and Solder. I'm not sure why THAT isn't the biggest story of the preseason. NFL.com hasn't even mentioned them despite hammering away at Hunter. At least he was playing legit and not blatantly holding. The Pats need to follow suit and make a quick panic-trade. Maybe the Jets will take Cannon for Smith?

Solder had ONE bad game and been getting better, Cannon is our #2 and will be replaced by Vollmer for week1. BUT the reason you hear nothing is simple:

1. Mankins was out and will not play a full game till week1

2. Same with Vollmer

3. Waters is EXPECTED rejoin the team on Friday.. (Per talking heads.)

So the O line you been seeing missing THREE of their FIVE starters. So esentially our 2nds against their 1st teamers.

Umm its game 4 of the preseason.. why would ANY starters be in??

Solder had ONE bad game and been getting better, Cannon is our #2 and will be replaced by Vollmer for week1. BUT the reason you hear nothing is simple:

1. Mankins was out and will not play a full game till week1

2. Same with Vollmer

3. Waters is EXPECTED rejoin the team on Friday.. (Per talking heads.)

So the O line you been seeing missing THREE of their FIVE starters. So esentially our 2nds against their 1st teamers.

While JPP will probably barely play, I fully expect Solder and Cannon to get a lot of time because of how bad they have been, and I fully expect them to get destroyed as they have in all 3 preseason games. Don't count on Solder. I know Vollmer is decent, but how is this Waters?

While JPP will probably barely play, I fully expect Solder and Cannon to get a lot of time because of how bad they have been, and I fully expect them to get destroyed as they have in all 3 preseason games. Don't count on Solder. I know Vollmer is decent, but how is this Waters?

Waters is older but was an all pro last year, and Solder be fine once Mankins is ancored next to him and the O line is together.. People forget (MYSELF included that the Oline needs count on eachother to be successful.. someone could look bad because the guy next to him messed up.)

The Rams know something here. Some Tackles just can't play. I watched the Giants game and thought Hunter's criticism was overblown. The Jets are in panic mode. Rarely, are good decisions made during a panic. The Jets are in a downward spiral and are about to crash.

The pilot just came on and said not to worry about that wing ripping off. Apparently, he's got a few more switches in the cockpit. B-)

You obviously have never seen the Jets play