Seattle's Reaction to the Loss of TJack

Seattle fans know TJack better than we do so I thought it might be interesting to know what they were saying. Below is a sample from the Seattle Times. Most seem to think he's a classy guy, a good teammate and a tough competitor...

"Tavaris seemed like a great teammate and hard worker. Never complained and always battled. I wish him nothing but the best."

"Best if luck in Buffalo T-Jack. You're a class act and gritted through a painful injury last year to give it your best. I hope you have an awesome season!"

"I would like to thank TJack. He came here knowing that his role would be as a caretaker. He played through an injury. He kept us competitive as PC rebuilt this team. Although we all realize he was not the answer at QB, we should thank him for his dedication and commitment."

"It was time to move on. I've always said it, the guy is the definition of mediocre . 17-17 record as a starter confirms that quite accurately."

"I just wanted to rep that I've always been a T-Jack fan of how he did last season, and that I appreciate him, and wasn't putting him down bc he has been all class while a Seahawk."

"Zero surprise - the guy is dead weight right now."

"Never heard a selfish word out of the guy! Good luck in Buffalo, TJ. You're a class act. Buffalo's getting a reliable backup who's not afraid to get grass stains on his uniform."

"I liked Tarvaris,. Though it wasn't always consistent, he threw some amazing passes, especially considering his injury."

"Best of luck TJack. You were a warrior last year with the torn pec. Happy you found a soft landing. Buffalo should finish 2nd in the East and have a chance at a wild card."

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/reader_feedback/public/display.php?source_id=2018999426&source_name=mbase

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz has struggled this PS and to finish last season. If things get bad TJack could be starting at somepoint this season. Im glad he at least has experience, but at some point the Bills need to take a big risk and go get a QB they think can play in this league, regardless if they think he is a reach at that pick or if they have to give up extra picks to make it happen.

It was rumored the Bills like Ponder in the 2nd, well he went 12th overall. We passed on Dalton and Wilson this past year who won a starting job in Seattle. These playes may not pan out but at some point the Bills need to give it a try, or we will never find a QB.

Fitz has struggled this PS and to finish last season. If things get bad TJack could be starting at somepoint this season. Im glad he at least has experience, but at some point the Bills need to take a big risk and go get a QB they think can play in this league, regardless if they think he is a reach at that pick or if they have to give up extra picks to make it happen.

It was rumored the Bills like Ponder in the 2nd, well he went 12th overall. We passed on Dalton and Wilson this past year who won a starting job in Seattle. These playes may not pan out but at some point the Bills need to give it a try, or we will never find a QB.

So, the Bills need to start drafting QBs just for the sake of drafting QBs?

Damn the logic and evaluation, draft QBs rounds 1 -7 next year.

No, but, if Russel Wilson graded out so highly (by most all accounts people had him as excellent, with only the height as a concern), and you are a team that not only doesn't have a backup, but has a starter who at times looked worse than half the league's backups - then, yes, it is time to start being aggressive in landing THE ANSWER at QB - even if that means reaching by a round to ensure you get him; because, otherwise, as we've seen the last two years, the Bills end up missing on a guy they liked by half a round or a round. If you are in real need, overpaying by a round is better than having to shell out millions and risk an entire season on a carousel of mediocre QB's. Just go and get a good one, for a change!

No, but, if Russel Wilson graded out so highly (by most all accounts people had him as excellent, with only the height as a concern), and you are a team that not only doesn't have a backup, but has a starter who at times looked worse than half the league's backups - then, yes, it is time to start being aggressive in landing THE ANSWER at QB - even if that means reaching by a round to ensure you get him; because, otherwise, as we've seen the last two years, the Bills end up missing on a guy they liked by half a round or a round. If you are in real need, overpaying by a round is better than having to shell out millions and risk an entire season on a carousel of mediocre QB's. Just go and get a good one, for a change!

good Call!

While I wasn't a fan of Russell Wilson before the draft, I am now. Wilson or Graham? It's a no brainer at this point. Graham has a chance to be a very good WR. Wilson has a chance to become a very good QB. No brainer. I'd expect us to select a QB high in next years draft rd 1 or 2) even if Fitz has a good year (which I don't think he will). We NEED a good qb. Not an average qb.

I don't think you draft any position just for the sake of drafting one. Obviously you have a better chance of finding an eventual successful starting quarterback by taking a chance in the draft more then you do trading for QBs who are on the verge of getting cut or have been bouncing around the league from team to team.

I watched every Hawks game last year (I live in the PNW) and I liked Tarvaris....as a solid back-up. That's what he will provide. Do not have expectations of him taking over the offense. However, he may improve with a more aggressive play caller in Chan. Pete Carroll seemed to pull back the reigns heavily last year when there were good opportunities to go for some big plays.

That's exactly, to the letter of how the Vikes drafted Jackson, to the letter.

While I wasn't a fan of Russell Wilson before the draft, I am now. Wilson or Graham? It's a no brainer at this point. Graham has a chance to be a very good WR. Wilson has a chance to become a very good QB. No brainer. I'd expect us to select a QB high in next years draft rd 1 or 2) even if Fitz has a good year (which I don't think he will). We NEED a good qb. Not an average qb.

So once the season starts and say, Wilson struggles when faced with actual game-planned defenses and has trouble adjusting, do you reserve your right to change your mind? Or are you pretty much convinced that Wilson is a no-brainer after one preseason start?

I live in the Seattle area.....Tavares was liked but the team in looking back last season nd thought their weak link was at qb which is why they signed Flynn and the drafted Wilson...to ignite competition.

Jacksn had one year in Minnesota where he was n a learning curve, injuries the next season, then 2 yrs with favre. He starts 14 games with Seattle where the finish strong.

They got to 7-7 last year and in the playoff chance. Had an earlier loss to Atlanta they kicked a game winning FG as buzzer sounded they would have been 8-6 and on controlled their playoff fate.

The team gelled midway through last season.

Jackson isn't a character issue and he will be fine as a backup qb.

Both the Vikes and Seahawks at one time thought Jackson was starting material. They were apparently wrong in that assessment. But he seems like a good back up. And he seems like a Gailey type player - a mobile QB who's good in the locker room and stays out of trouble off the field.