Seattle's Reaction to the Loss of TJack

TJack may not ever be starting material, but given the recent history of Thiggy, VY, and TJack... TJack is clearly the best QB of the 3. Whatever happened to Vince is unfortunate, because he was really good, and you can still see shades of it and that was frustrating (the zip he has on the ball, his strength, his speed, etc.) Whatever happened to this guy, it appears he's just checked out and doesn't plan on checking back in.

With regard to Fitz, we should keep in mind that last preseason the starting offense put up 3 points against Chicago, 3 points against Denver, 17 against Jax, and the few starters that were in against Detroit (I don't believe Fitz took a single snap in that game) put up 0. The tone around here was very much the same as it is right now, and we saw an explosive offense come out of the gate once the regular season started. I would've loved to have seen Fitz and the offense play much better in the preseason, but I truly don't believe we will know anything about this unit until Sept. 9th.

Getting T-Jack, however, is yet another net improvement for this team. A clear upgrade at backup.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle fans know TJack better than we do so I thought it might be interesting to know what they were saying. Below is a sample from the Seattle Times. Most seem to think he's a classy guy, a good teammate and a tough competitor...

"Tavaris seemed like a great teammate and hard worker. Never complained and always battled. I wish him nothing but the best."

"Best if luck in Buffalo T-Jack. You're a class act and gritted through a painful injury last year to give it your best. I hope you have an awesome season!"

"I would like to thank TJack. He came here knowing that his role would be as a caretaker. He played through an injury. He kept us competitive as PC rebuilt this team. Although we all realize he was not the answer at QB, we should thank him for his dedication and commitment."

"It was time to move on. I've always said it, the guy is the definition of mediocre . 17-17 record as a starter confirms that quite accurately."

"I just wanted to rep that I've always been a T-Jack fan of how he did last season, and that I appreciate him, and wasn't putting him down bc he has been all class while a Seahawk."

"Zero surprise - the guy is dead weight right now."

"Never heard a selfish word out of the guy! Good luck in Buffalo, TJ. You're a class act. Buffalo's getting a reliable backup who's not afraid to get grass stains on his uniform."

"I liked Tarvaris,. Though it wasn't always consistent, he threw some amazing passes, especially considering his injury."

"Best of luck TJack. You were a warrior last year with the torn pec. Happy you found a soft landing. Buffalo should finish 2nd in the East and have a chance at a wild card."

http://community.sea...urce_name=mbase

Thank you very much for the post. I have no background on him really.

between this and his transcript interview i have a less sickly " feeling of falling " after the Pitt game and the announcements regarding Jackson/young.

Maybe we got something here maybe we dont but nice effort by Nix and company moving forward.

Thanks brother!

TJack may not ever be starting material, but given the recent history of Thiggy, VY, and TJack... TJack is clearly the best QB of the 3. Whatever happened to Vince is unfortunate, because he was really good, and you can still see shades of it and that was frustrating (the zip he has on the ball, his strength, his speed, etc.) Whatever happened to this guy, it appears he's just checked out and doesn't plan on checking back in.

With regard to Fitz, we should keep in mind that last preseason the starting offense put up 3 points against Chicago, 3 points against Denver, 17 against Jax, and the few starters that were in against Detroit (I don't believe Fitz took a single snap in that game) put up 0. The tone around here was very much the same as it is right now, and we saw an explosive offense come out of the gate once the regular season started. I would've loved to have seen Fitz and the offense play much better in the preseason, but I truly don't believe we will know anything about this unit until Sept. 9th.

Getting T-Jack, however, is yet another net improvement for this team. A clear upgrade at backup.

Shhhh.... Speaking too much sense for the whiners. It's preseason folks.

I'm not sure how else to say this. This guys sounds like the second coming of JP Losman. And he is going to supplant Thigpen *and* Young. What does that say about the way this franchise evaluates and develops or doesn't develop QBs?

I'm not sure how else to say this. This guys sounds like the second coming of JP Losman. And he is going to supplant Thigpen *and* Young. What does that say about the way this franchise evaluates and develops or doesn't develop QBs?

Cale, my good fellow, what is it that you expect out of a backup QB? We can debate whether the organization could have or should have done more over the past couple of years to bring in a higher caliber starting QB, but just looking at this T-Jack move through the lens of what it is: acquiring a backup QB, it seems like he is one of the better backups in the league.

You're getting a guy who has been in the league for 6 years and has a good bit of experience under his belt. He's been 17-17 as a starter, career TD/INT ratio is 38/35.

In his most recent body of work, last season, he threw for over 3000 yards and completed a hair over 60% of his passes, and was 7-7 with a Seahawks team that I don't think anyone would say was loaded with talent.

Maybe it's just YE OLE... but if you can get a backup that can come in and complete 60% of his passes and play .500 ball, that's a good backup QB. That prevents your season from going into the tank if your starter goes down for a short stretch. If you're expecting much better than that out of a #2, they would more than likely be locked up as a starter somewhere.

I am sorry but T.Jackson should not take Fitz's job unless Fitz gets hurt. T.Jackson sucks as a starter I watched him with the Vikings (My brother and father are both Vikings fans and from what I saw the guy is just way too inconsistent). I like him as a backup because the guy can manage a game if that's what the gameplan calls for (Took the Vikings to the playoffs being a game manager) and can make a couple plays.

But T.Jax can't go out there week in and week out and make big time plays. He also will make turnovers the moment he has to go out there and make a come back. T.Jax is better than what we had but the guy shouldn't be starting for more than a couple of games.

One that you feel is good, or one the Bills feel is good (and you are not so high on.)?

If they get one you feel is good, can you tolerate watching him sitting on the bench for 1-2 years while Fitz starts?

Or are you going to demand they get rid Fitz, find a veteran back up, and force the rook into the starting lineup?

And if the rook becomes a bust 3-4 years later, will you stand up and say, "Well, at least they tried" or will you continue to B word and moan about the Bills not having a good one?

----------//

Perfectly Put! Awesome and pimply put haha.