Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

Buddy sure knew a lot about Merriman eh? That was a waste of time and money.

Well yeah, but..

Merrimen, like Troup, became Bills because we were transforming into a 3-4. Now, once again, we're completely changing our defensive philosophy and a speed rushing OLB and NT don't fit in the new look.

Try a conditional trade or cut ties, ala Lights Out.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this one of those scenerios where they will also try to buy him out of his contract? In other words, are they just plain done with him?

My guess is no, they give him a year to get healthy and come back and compete for a roster spot. Plus next year Spencer Johnson's contract is up so there may be a spot open.

Every day the guy remains on the roster it is a reminder that he was a bad pick, a reach and a bust. When he is gone, we will barely remember that we could have had a hometown hero in Gronkowski. Hands down, Nix worst pick as GM was Troupe over Gronk. Time to turn the page.....

cause of the two, troup was the one with MAJOR concerns about his back, afterall.... wait....

nevermind.

obviously gronk was the better pick in hindsight, but i cant say that a bunch of people going all in on the hometown hero were doing so based on expert analysis of his play vs the 10 other guys slated to go in that area. he was a big risk too.

My guess is no, they give him a year to get healthy and come back and compete for a roster spot. Plus next year Spencer Johnson's contract is up so there may be a spot open.

I believe Dwan Edwards is up as well.

I believe Dwan Edwards is up as well.

According to this he's signed through 2013:

3/17/2010: Signed a four-year, $18 million contract. The deal contains $6.65 million in bonus money, including a $1.2 million roster bonus in the second year. 2012: $3.8 million, 2013: $3.65 million, 2014: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2793/dwan-edwards

Pretty close to declaring the 2010 draft a complete bust - I'll wait until Carrington gets cut. Nix should have let his GM predecessor, Rus Brandon, make the draft picks. He couldn't have done much worse.

JW

Pretty close to declaring the 2010 draft a complete bust - I'll wait until Carrington gets cut. Nix should have let his GM predecessor, Rus Brandon, make the draft picks. He couldn't have done much worse.

JW

Its still unclear how involved Nix was with this draft class. Word is that this class was selected off Modrak's board. The early success of the two subsequent drafts lends support to that theory.

Its still unclear how involved Nix was with this draft class. Word is that this class was selected off Modrak's board. The early success of the two subsequent drafts lends support to that theory.

If in doubt, blame Modrak!

In all seriousness, tough to fault anyone for Troup. Sometimes guys get hurt--tough to predict that. Troup and Easley are busts because of injury. Spiller and Moats look to be good. Carrington and Batten are bad picks only because we've since switched to a 4-3. The rest are scrubs.

2010 draft wasn't good--but some of it was just bad luck.