Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills are at 86 today. They could sign 4 DTs without cutting him today if they liked anyone.

And again, the letters PUP should be banned from the board currently - no ones eligible

OK, identify 4 DTs that are available who have even the most REMOTE chance of making this team. I am not saying that Troup will ever contribute to this team, but I AM

saying that of the available players at his position right now, he has BY FAR the best chance of contributing to this team in the future.

If you were hired for a job and were injured on that job, how would you feel about a public outcry to replace you? I am pretty sure that you would feel differently about that.

OK, identify 4 DTs that are available who have even the most REMOTE chance of making this team. I am not saying that Troup will ever contribute to this team, but I AM

saying that of the available players at his position right now, he has BY FAR the best chance of contributing to this team in the future.

If you were hired for a job and were injured on that job, how would you feel about a public outcry to replace you? I am pretty sure that you would feel differently about that.

My point was even if one existed, we don't have to cut troup. If 4 existed we wouldn't have to.

To play the name a tackle game... I guess shaun smith? I'm not sure who is out there today.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't think he makes the team this year based on Chan's comments and what he has done for this team. to many others to give a starting chance to that are 100% healthy. I know it sucks but it's REALITY.

Why the hurry? 2 years is enough for me to see if a rookie can play or not.

Yet you can't name one advantage to cutting him today versus next week or placing him on IR.

Yet you can't name one advantage to cutting him today versus next week or placing him on IR.

Here is my $.02 I posted in another thread.

Why does everyone think Troup is going to the IR? At best and uninjured he is only a depth player. With his nagging injuries and under performance he is low man on the totem pole, so why would the Bills waste a spot, PS, roster, IR, etc on him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best. So again, why would the Bills waste time, team spot and salary on somebody who can be easily replaced from the FA market. I don't understand the IR logic, makes no sense.

Here is my $.02 I posted in another thread.

Why does everyone think Troup is going to the IR? At best and uninjured he is only a depth player. With his nagging injuries and under performance he is low man on the totem pole, so why would the Bills waste a spot, PS, roster, IR, etc on him?

IR buys him training camp next year, what is he going to do next year? He's not going to beat out Dareus or K Williams, so again he is just a depth player at best. So again, why would the Bills waste time, team spot and salary on somebody who can be easily replaced from the FA market. I don't understand the IR logic, makes no sense.

Because he's as cheap as players come, won't take up a spot on the roster if on IR so I really don't get that point, and even eating his salary this year would leave him as a stupid cheap option for depth next year?

And that's disregarding the fact that cutting him today and not further down the line serves no real purpose.

Edited by NoSaint

Because he's as cheap as players come, won't take up a spot on the roster if on IR so I really don't get that point, and even eating his salary this year would leave him as a stupid cheap option for depth next year?

And that's disregarding the fact that cutting him today and not further down the line serves no real purpose.

Provided he is healthy, which is a huge issue.

What has he shown that suggests he is a better option than the current healthy bodies at the same position? Nothing! So why should the Bills continue down the Torell Troup road? IMO there is no reason to.

Waive Torell Troup now and get it over with. He's another Merriman.

How about you tell him?

This kid has been through hell and back and hell again but keeps showing up. maybe the surgery was bad advice.

If we could find a way to let him finish his recovery and then see if he can play would be optimum for all parties.

May not happen and T. might be done.

But shame on you Frez , for giving up on the kid. Not really a fan are you?

I really dont think much of that attitude sir.

Provided he is healthy, which is a huge issue.

What has he shown that suggests he is a better option than the current healthy bodies at the same position? Nothing! So why should the Bills continue down the Torell Troup road? IMO there is no reason to.

And you've skipped over the fact that cutting him next week over today serves absolutely zero purpose.

You've also ignored that him being on IR does absolutely nothing to the 'healthy' bodies.

It's idiotic that you want to cut him for no benefit to make yourself feel better because he hasn't worked out.

How about you tell him?

This kid has been through hell and back and hell again but keeps showing up. maybe the surgery was bad advice.

If we could find a way to let him finish his recovery and then see if he can play would be optimum for all parties.

May not happen and T. might be done.

But shame on you Frez , for giving up on the kid. Not really a fan are you?

I really dont think much of that attitude sir.

Are you being serious? Not much of a fan because I want to BETTER my team? This is what's wrong with the Bills. We hang onto to players like Merriman and Troupe and WE HOPE. Hechk throw in Marcus Easly and let's hope some more. Get ride of these guys and get somebody healthy on the field and lets win some games.

Uh, I've been a die hard siince 1988, and who are you to judge me? You probably have a Troupe jersey and it sucks to be you.

I honestly wish the kid would get better and make the team.

I bleed nothing but Bills colors till the day I die.