Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

Is there a limit to the number of players you can IR?

No, the Bills are a perennial leader in that category.

Torell Trop = John McCargo

John McCargo actually played, and in fact still plays in the NFL. Bills fans won't admit it, but he wasn't completely with out skill (hence his ability to stay in the league). He was chastised because he was drafted in the 1st round, but clearly did not have first round talent. I never hated McCargo, I hated Modrak and company for wasting a 1st rounder on a 4th/5th rnd talent.

Troup never showed the slightest flash of talent, then suffered what is likely a career ending injury.

The only connection you could make between these two guys is that we were both taken way too early, and for that they cannot be faulted.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all of the anger towards Troup - why does he need to be released this minute?

Having said that, I don't understand all of the support, either - even before he was injured, his play was awful. His patented move was to drop to one knee immedaitely after the snap, from which he would get corkscrewed into the ground by the opposing offensive linemen. He never should've been drafted - the 2010 draft was an absolute debacle by Nix and I'm starting to question the 2011 draft as well (and Nix's overall drafting prowess). More on that another time...

It sucks for Troup. Having a spinal fusion in your 20's is a bad thing. Being a heavy guy and if he ends up out of football he will have alot of difficulties down the road. I can understand cutting him because that's the business but the way people act about him is just stupid. He has done nothing wrong. He hasn't been arrested. He is active on Twitter for the fans, and has worked his butt off to try and get on the field. It just hasn't happened like anyone planned.

Leave the guy alone. It's not your money anyway.

I think we should do whatever Nix thinks we should do. Buddy knows far, far more about Troup's ability and medical status than I do.

Buddy sure knew a lot about Merriman eh? That was a waste of time and money.

I think we should do whatever Nix thinks we should do. Buddy knows far, far more about Troup's ability and medical status than I do.

Some would argue nix doesn't know "far more" about Troup's ability. In fact it may be actually the opposite.

Edited by Best Player Available

It sucks for Troup. Having a spinal fusion in your 20's is a bad thing. Being a heavy guy and if he ends up out of football he will have alot of difficulties down the road. I can understand cutting him because that's the business but the way people act about him is just stupid. He has done nothing wrong. He hasn't been arrested. He is active on Twitter for the fans, and has worked his butt off to try and get on the field. It just hasn't happened like anyone planned.

I don't understand why people get so upset and personalize what is ultimately a business decision. No one on here is personally attacking Troup or trying to put him down. Very simply, there's 6-7 DT's that are performing above his level of play right now. There will be no room for him when the rosters get reduced. Regardless, he's only making $490K this year, so it's not about the money.

Are you being serious? Not much of a fan because I want to BETTER my team? This is what's wrong with the Bills. We hang onto to players like Merriman and Troupe and WE HOPE. Hechk throw in Marcus Easly and let's hope some more. Get ride of these guys and get somebody healthy on the field and lets win some games.

Exactly, great post. These guys have had PLENTY of opoortunity to take the field and they can't. What is the point of keeping them? Cut Troup, and take Easley with you

None of that helps you win on Sunday

Sorry, I have to ask why this is the smartest thing said on this topic. Why pay one more year salary for a player who can't play?

Just read the script Beerball!

Buddy drafted him. So if Buddy now cuts him - was he right both times???

The answer, of course, is yes.

Good lord, put the dude on IR, pay his measely salary, let him rehab, see what happens.

Or

Cut him,see if he clears waivers, I doubt he does though.

But ya'll need to realize Troup has played less than a season and a half's worth of games. It's little early to give up on him.

Every day the guy remains on the roster it is a reminder that he was a bad pick, a reach and a bust. When he is gone, we will barely remember that we could have had a hometown hero in Gronkowski. Hands down, Nix worst pick as GM was Troupe over Gronk. Time to turn the page.....