Torell Troup....cut him!

Frez

We need healthy players on this team that can contribute today not in 2013. It's a business and it's to bad for the kid BUT, it is what it is.

He never did anything on the field that caught my eye during a game. Time to move forward!

buffalobills Gailey: told DT Troup he was proud of his effort to mount a comeback this season. Wasn't going to make it but "We'll give him a run next yr"

See some one besides me still has hope for the kid!

Hope don't win Superbowls.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If in doubt, blame Modrak!

In all seriousness, tough to fault anyone for Troup. Sometimes guys get hurt--tough to predict that. Troup and Easley are busts because of injury. Spiller and Moats look to be good. Carrington and Batten are bad picks only because we've since switched to a 4-3. The rest are scrubs.

2010 draft wasn't good--but some of it was just bad luck.

Modrak was the head of scouting for the entire season leading up to that draft. Is it unreasonable to suggest that Modrak was heavily involved in that draft?

We need healthy players on this team that can contribute today not in 2013. It's a business and it's to bad for the kid BUT, it is what it is.

He never did anything on the field that caught my eye during a game. Time to move forward!

Buddy did say hope didnt he? He was injured when the season started. He did not look good anytime I saw him. he looked injured. I have no idea how he faired in practice, but the team had said during the offseason he had worked hard on what they asked him do. He said he was hurt the first game.

There is no risk to the team i believe now that he is IR'd. He can still get excellent health care for awhile. Thats good even if he does not play football ever again.

Buffalo Bills did good by me with this move. Very classy act.

Interesting factoids about Johnson's contract and Edwards. Guess what positions Bills will draft for next year.

Thanks for that point, makes more sense IR with T. t.

Frez you are little pissed about that questionable draft season that hasnt shown up. maybe.

With good reason. Thats on Buddy. This last draft may forgive him.

I suppose we shall see soon enough!

Go Bills :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

What is with all the people bitching about Troup?

- Its not your money....he isn't expensive....its not hurting us salary cap wise.....

- It didnt prevent the bills from improving their D tackle position....we have some of the best in the league

- It means we probably go with veterans as backups.....from the pool of Spencer Johnson (yes) Heard (yes) Edwards (maybe) Carrington (probably not).....but you know that the backups with be veteran DT's

And why are you rooting against a buffalo bill so badly.....sometimes I just dont get some of you people

its not like hes eating up a roster spot or any significant cap space.

Link? or do you just buy into the homer rumor mill?

There's no way any rational fan believes that Nix was using another person's board. That's completely preposterous. That draft lies solely on Nix, for better or worse. That was the beginning of our switch to the 3-4 -- Troup was drafted as a NT, Carrington as a 3-4 end, and Merriman brought on for our OLB. That was the plan anyways.

There's no way any rational fan believes that Nix was using another person's board. That's completely preposterous. That draft lies solely on Nix, for better or worse. That was the beginning of our switch to the 3-4 -- Troup was drafted as a NT, Carrington as a 3-4 end, and Merriman brought on for our OLB. That was the plan anyways.

merriman was more or less a flyer, you know, since there werent any chances to pick up an elite 34 olb.

when making a total overhaul, sometimes you get stuck taking shots on whatever is available in front of you at the time. such is life.

Ugh, are you a scout? Did you consider that after last preseason he was playing with a broken vertabrae? I am sure that you were a professional athlete and fought through injury to make it big.

This kind of nonsense is perpetuated by media jerks like Mike Schopp who think that being sarcastic qualifies them as media stars. OK, worst case scenario - a 2nd round pick got hurt and never

contributed. That makes the Bills like every other team. For those dying to point out that they could have had Rob Gronkowski, please note that he missed his entire last year in college with a back

injury. None of you, nor a good medical staff, could have predicted Troup's injury.

Do you not think that the area and regional scouts that were under Modrak were the primary source of the Bills' board that season? What do you think? Do you think that Nix should have bought Mel Kiper's book and drafted out of that?

Putting that draft solely on Nix is as silly as putting it solely on Modrak. Nix was the GM presiding over that draft, but you can't ignore he'd been on the job only a couple of months, especially when scouting is a year round process.

The completely different strategy in the 2010 and 2011/2012 drafts is what makes a lot of us think that Modrak still had a lot of input in the 2010 draft.

Edited by Ramius

Can't cut him, it would be like admitting that #2 pick was a waste...which it was, considering Rob Gronkowski was selected by the Patriots on the very next pick.

Not one starter from that 2010 draft class, and the only 2 left are Spiller 2nd string and Carrington who is 3rd string.

Jeez, i wonder how many more years Bills fans will need to endure awaiting the arrival of that proverbial baby. Now we also await the "light of day".

Anyway, I want to see the Bills field a winning team this year. I just don't see it with this staff.

No, the Bills are a perennial leader in that category.

John McCargo actually played, and in fact still plays in the NFL. Bills fans won't admit it, but he wasn't completely with out skill (hence his ability to stay in the league). He was chastised because he was drafted in the 1st round, but clearly did not have first round talent. I never hated McCargo, I hated Modrak and company for wasting a 1st rounder on a 4th/5th rnd talent.

Troup never showed the slightest flash of talent, then suffered what is likely a career ending injury.

The only connection you could make between these two guys is that we were both taken way too early, and for that they cannot be faulted.

MMM - ok - you consider this resume "playing"? Troup has played in 21 games over two seasons for the Bills, McCargo played in 41 games over five sesons for the Bills.

Buffalo Bills

Many draft experts considered McCargo a late-2nd or early-3rd round pick before the 2006 NFL Draft. Because of this, many people were shocked when the Bills traded up to select him 26th overall.

McCargo spent most of the 2006 season on injured reserve. He passed out at training camp his rookie season, mainly because he had to run difficult drills in hot weather at his 300-pound frame. He was the second string defensive tackle behind Larry Tripplett in 2007,[1] and played in all 16 games.

On October 14, 2008, McCargo was traded to the Indianapolis Colts. The trade was voided and he was returned to the Bills the following day after McCargo failed his physical.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

McCargo signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on August 20, 2011. He was waived on September 2.

On November 8, 2011 the Tampa Bay Buccaneers resigned McCargo to fill a roster void caused by a season ending injury to Gerald McCoy.[2] McCargo was again cut, the next day after the Buccaneers signed Albert Haynesworth. A week later McCargo was once-again resigned, following a season-ending knee injury to DE George Johnson.

On May 2, 2012, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers released McCargo.

Chicago Bears

McCargo signed with the Chicago Bears on May 10, 2012.[3] During the second game of the preseason against the Washington Redskins, McCargo recovered a fumble by Redskins running back Antwon Bailey.[4]

Do you not think that the area and regional scouts that were under Modrak were the primary source of the Bills' board that season? What do you think?

Yeah, and Nix was one of those scouts under Modrak that were the primary source of the Bills' board that season.

Putting that draft solely on Nix is as silly as putting it solely on Modrak. Nix was the GM presiding over that draft, but you can't ignore he'd been on the job only a couple of months, especially when scouting is a year round process.

Again, Nix wasn't on some tropical island for the past 5 years oblivious to college football. He was scouting for us for a year before he got elevated to the GM position. He was GM during the draft, it falls on him.

For the record, I am a big Nix fan. If anything, the Troup situation just highlights what a gamble draft picks are. But if you're sitting here trying to blame the Troup pick on Modrak, you are in some serious denial.

Edited by QCity