Which current Bills will be on the Jets Roster for Game 1?

The Jests....are, by most analyses, going to live down to that moniker this year.

And, we know that when we can afford to cut guys like Merriman, and have guys like Zebrie Sanders who may not make the team, there's a good chance that they will be looking to pick up our guys, especially DEs and OTs.

They also have major trouble at WR. Safety is also a concern, unless you believe that the has-beens they brought in are good enough.

So...who do we see ending up on the Jets, week 1?

I am concerned about Sanders not getting by waivers and not ending up on the PS. As I have been saying(before John Clayton) Wayne Hunter Vs Mario Williams is a non-starter(literally). I am also thinking at least one of our WRs ends up there.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Pears can't be PUP'd, you have to be PUP'd before training camp starts.

You're right. I was thinking of the injured reserve exemption the owners passes in the spring but the players haven't ratified it yet so it doesn't exist yet. Sanders might have to get "hurt" this week. I saw they held him out of practice once already.

Everything I've heard about Sanders is that he's looked awful all training camp. Now he's suddenly the Jets OL savior?

Why is Roosevelt not going to be a Bill?

Perhaps...but really, this is less about Sanders, and more about just how bad the Jets O line really is.

At this point, given what their message boards are saying...some of them appear to be more in favor of a cone at RT...because at least a cone might trip Mario Willams up on a few plays. :lol:

Everything I've heard about Sanders is that he's looked awful all training camp. Now he's suddenly the Jets OL savior?

Why is Roosevelt not going to be a Bill?

Because they're only going to keep 6 receivers

Graham, Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Martin, Hagan

Martin makes it based on kick coverage rather than Roosevelt on return ability - we have a bunch of guys who can return punts.

Perhaps...but really, this is less about Sanders, and more about just how bad the Jets O line really is.

At this point, given what their message boards are saying...some of them appear to be more in favor of a cone at RT...because at least a cone might trip Mario Willams up on a few plays. :lol:

FWIW, I thought our backups at OL looked horrific in two preseason outings.

Martin makes it based on kick coverage rather than Roosevelt on return ability - we have a bunch of guys who can return punts.

Maybe he gets cut but I doubt another team picks him up

I would have guessed about the same but might have guessed Aiken instead of Martin.

I know we have unknowns at WR really but info feel very strong about our top 4 really.

Stevie is very good to great and he'll prove it this year.

Nelson is an extremely good option at #3 and can fill in at 2 if needed.

Graham will be the 4th but how we use our WRs he could range anywhere from 2-4 on a weekly basis.

Jones will emerge as more of a true #2 than we all hoped. Stevie thinks very highly of him and I think it will prove.

On another note, I think you'll see Brad Smith at WR this week against Pittsburgh and if he produces like in the Jets game this year we will keep him, if he doesn't, I think his job is in jeopardy. I could see us going in with only 2 QBs or giving VY the spot that belongs to BS. Just my opinion.

Haha, I like this topic.

Clowney would be my initial thought. He hasn't played well with the Bills so far, and I don't think he makes the team. He is a former Jet though, and they are badly in need of WR's. The main reason for the signing would be for input on the Bills offensive plans...

On the defensive side, it could be Merriman, or Batten.

This definitely seems like the logical roster at this point, unless the Bills pickup a late cut. I also think the Bills have been working Roosevelt pretty hard on ST's, as a possible replacement for Martin. He's a better receiver and has the best hands on the team behind Nelson. Certainly Martin is the better ST'er at this point.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Not going to need much kick coverage with Potter kicking.

I think were more likely to keep 5 recievers, plus Brad Smith.

Stevie, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan

I don't sweat the Jets at all, but fwiw I'm thinking that Zebrie was playing G and not T in the Vikings scrimmage.

I think it's a mistake to consider the opener vs the Jets as a slam dunk. The Jets Circus gets a lot of media attention, but I think it's likely that, to a degree, it is hype. Most of the Las Vegas sports books still have the Jets favored by 3 points. That's down from 6 a couple months ago, so perception is trending in our direction. Depending on our, and the Jets showing on Saturday, I suspect that the spread will drop even further.

I think were more likely to keep 5 recievers, plus Brad Smith.

Stevie, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan

With Gailey's desire to spread them 5 wide on many occasions? I doubt they only keep 5 wide, with none of them being good ST'ers (coverage)... Figure at least one of Easley, Roosevelt, Martin also makes the team.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I think it's a mistake to consider the opener vs the Jets as a slam dunk. The Jets Circus gets a lot of media attention, but I think it's likely that, to a degree, it is hype. Most of the Las Vegas sports books still have the Jets favored by 3 points. That's down from 6 a couple months ago, so perception is trending in our direction. Depending on our, and the Jets showing on Saturday, I suspect that the spread will drop even further.

Remember who looked awful in the preseason last year, couldnt get out of their own way and struggled to score points? The Kansas city chiefs.

You may be right. Martin does seem to pick up penalties at inopportune times on ST though. I've been hoping against hope that our rook LB would show enough on ST that they'd feel comfortable letting Martin go. He apparently runs good routes, but gaaaah-his hands. Apparently it's hard to coach velcro hands.

With Gailey's desire to spread them 5 wide on many occasions? I doubt they only keep 5 wide, with none of them being good ST'ers (coverage)... Figure at least one of Easley, Roosevelt, Martin also makes the team.

I would be surprised if Martin does not make the team. He is great on special teams. DeHaven gets this one.