Favorite high school memory

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't know, I've been trying to steer clear of PPP. So many nuts there it's tough to tell which is yours!

However, I just did swing by to see Dr. D and gugny paid a visit. What you guys do to get them to jump into the shark tank?

We said "Come on in, the water's fine! We'll be nice, we promise!"

They need the extra time to catch up to Alabama

What do you need high school for? You got this place!

If he is in FLA... Probably right. My son starts 9th grade on this coming Monday. My 10 year old daughter, mid-next week.

I just could not imagine myself at 14 asking a bunch of "old farts" what high school was like. At 14 I was playing in a rock band experimenting with pot for the first time and could care less about what anyone else had to say. We were so !@#$ing cool. B-)

:lol: Hahahaha. Thanks for a good laugh

Someone said it, but I'll reiterate. High school is a short amount of time in life. High School should not define you for the rest of your life, and freshman year should define you for sophomore year and so on. Don't let people tell you that high school is the best 4 years of your life, because it isn't. It might be to this point in your life, but its not the best four years you'll ever have. People who get stuck in their high school identities show up at the 10 year reunion looking to pick on the same kids they used to only to find out that at 28 years old that "Dweeb" is making $80,000 a year which is $70,000 more than those bullies. Take it day by day, develop strong relationships with teachers and administrators because they can help you get to where you want to go some day. Do the right thing. When you see something that should stop, stop it, or find an adult who can stop it. Date lots of girls. Lots and lots of girls. You are way to young to "have just one" or to be in love. Live life, and be young.

I just could not imagine myself at 14 asking a bunch of "old farts" what high school was like. At 14 I was playing in a rock band experimenting with pot for the first time and could care less about what anyone else had to say. We were so !@#$ing cool. B-)

No, you thought you were cool, because you were stoned.

Someone said it, but I'll reiterate. High school is a short amount of time in life. High School should not define you for the rest of your life, and freshman year should define you for sophomore year and so on. Don't let people tell you that high school is the best 4 years of your life, because it isn't. It might be to this point in your life, but its not the best four years you'll ever have. People who get stuck in their high school identities show up at the 10 year reunion looking to pick on the same kids they used to only to find out that at 28 years old that "Dweeb" is making $80,000 a year which is $70,000 more than those bullies. Take it day by day, develop strong relationships with teachers and administrators because they can help you get to where you want to go some day. Do the right thing. When you see something that should stop, stop it, or find an adult who can stop it. Date lots of girls. Lots and lots of girls. You are way to young to "have just one" or to be in love. Live life, and be young.

True dat Cinci. That alone gives you alot of perspective on what you like and who you want to be.

My favorite HS memory was pretty funny. I was just talking about this the other day with a friend of mine while attending the funeral of one of my classmates killed in Afghanistan. I went to McQuaid in Rochester, its a private all guys high school. Anyway we had an awards ceremony and all the seniors we allowed to sit in chairs in the middle of the gym rather than the bleachers. So I ended up in the front row and someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me to put my right leg up on my left knee and cross them. I look down the line and everyone is doing it even across the aisle. So I do it with them. We hear a speech and then as soon as everyone stops clapping, we all switch our legs in unison across the entire row and aisle. It was perfect. So then we thought, well can we do it again? In a different pattern? So the next time we cross the leg, put it down, then put the leg back up where it originally was. Again all in unison. So the next speech and award is going to my friend Matt who is getting an ROTC scholarship. An US Army Major is up there speaking and an Air Force Major is coming up next, all while we are planning our next move with the leg crossing. Out of the corner of my eye I see our assistant principal getting pretty mad at us plotting this, I knew we were all gonna get in trouble so we had to make this one count. Speech over, award given out, every one sits, 1,2,3, leg down, other leg up, leg down slap thighs, first leg back up. In unison. 20 students, all with hand signals. I look up and see the Army and Air Force Major trying so hard to contain their laughter. The Principal is even laughing. It was unreal how perfect it was. We still all got in trouble for "disrespecting the awards ceremony" Personally I thought we deserved an award, it was pretty legit how in unison it was. Anyway we had to clean up all the chairs in the gym, totally worth it :)

Best memory? My English teacher's wife went into labor and I got to teach Hamlet for two days.

Second best? 2006 after Jason Pominville's shorthanded goal to defeat the Senators and the entire school was in Sabres' gear the next day.

To be honest, it's just 5 years after my high school graduation and most of it's a blur at this point. Some memories stick out. Graduation. Prom. What happened in the limo 20 minutes after Prom. My friend posting the fantasy football scores in his locker every Monday morning. Playing basketball in the park after school. On a more nerdy level, I was MVP of the area's trivia team. B-)

True dat Cinci. That alone gives you alot of perspective on what you like and who you want to be.

My favorite HS memory was pretty funny. I was just talking about this the other day with a friend of mine while attending the funeral of one of my classmates killed in Afghanistan. I went to McQuaid in Rochester, its a private all guys high school. Anyway we had an awards ceremony and all the seniors we allowed to sit in chairs in the middle of the gym rather than the bleachers. So I ended up in the front row and someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me to put my right leg up on my left knee and cross them. I look down the line and everyone is doing it even across the aisle. So I do it with them. We hear a speech and then as soon as everyone stops clapping, we all switch our legs in unison across the entire row and aisle. It was perfect. So then we thought, well can we do it again? In a different pattern? So the next time we cross the leg, put it down, then put the leg back up where it originally was. Again all in unison. So the next speech and award is going to my friend Matt who is getting an ROTC scholarship. An US Army Major is up there speaking and an Air Force Major is coming up next, all while we are planning our next move with the leg crossing. Out of the corner of my eye I see our assistant principal getting pretty mad at us plotting this, I knew we were all gonna get in trouble so we had to make this one count. Speech over, award given out, every one sits, 1,2,3, leg down, other leg up, leg down slap thighs, first leg back up. In unison. 20 students, all with hand signals. I look up and see the Army and Air Force Major trying so hard to contain their laughter. The Principal is even laughing. It was unreal how perfect it was. We still all got in trouble for "disrespecting the awards ceremony" Personally I thought we deserved an award, it was pretty legit how in unison it was. Anyway we had to clean up all the chairs in the gym, totally worth it :)

Hilarious!

Best memory? My English teacher's wife went into labor and I got to teach Hamlet for two days.

Second best? 2006 after Jason Pominville's shorthanded goal to defeat the Senators and the entire school was in Sabres' gear the next day.

To be honest, it's just 5 years after my high school graduation and most of it's a blur at this point. Some memories stick out. Graduation. Prom. What happened in the limo 20 minutes after Prom. My friend posting the fantasy football scores in his locker every Monday morning. Playing basketball in the park after school. On a more nerdy level, I was MVP of the area's trivia team. B-)

We're prolly right around the same age and I agree, there's not much that I really care to remember. I remember going to classes, being miserable in those classes and then graduating. Some fun inbetween, with parties, and prom, and friends but besides that I'm glad it's over.

Dang. I can’t believe how many of you hated/disliked HS. I had a blast!! Great memories!! Life long freindships!!

One funny thing I remember is doing doughnuts on the Assistant Principles lawn. LOL

My wife is from Chicago and they call it cutting cookies :huh:

And I agree. I have some fantastic memories of high school. I've made it back to all my reunions and had a blast at all of them. Something about being with the same group of kids every day from age 5 to age 18.

I really cannot pick out one classic high school memory. I've been trying since the thread started and before the 2nd post and maybe that's because I have a lot of good memories and a lot of bad ones. One of the top of my head was the last day of football practice the seniors got to line up and get the tackling bag one last time. Everyone was having fun with it, I just laid in to it.

Then all the trips to states for wrestling, staying at hotels and causing trouble.

The best advice any kid should have going to HS is to get it out of your system before you get too old and more importantly before it goes on your permanent record.

Dang. I can’t believe how many of you hated/disliked HS. I had a blast!! Great memories!! Life long freindships!!

One funny thing I remember is doing doughnuts on the Assistant Principles lawn. LOL

It is not that I disliked High School, at least in my case. I just was not a normal kid there in Abercrombie and Fitchville. Maybe I didn't make the most of my life [yet] and compared to many kids I went to school with I am not as well to do - trust me, some are in amazing careers but I really do not care about anyone I went to high school with. I moved on I guess.

Edited by jboyst62