Software upgrade: Your place to comments here

SDS

Looks great to me (I tend to go with a non-Bills skin to be less obvious what I'm doing at work, though)

One thing I'll mention (and I think I mentioned this last time)--I was always a fan of the red vs blue topics--i.e. when a topic reached x number of replies, it turned the icon red. It was an easy way to see--at a glance-0what topics are trending.

Now there is a "hot" tag in the middle column (for threads more than 41 posts). Not sure it will stay - I removed it from SS because it was clutter.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same comment as I made on the mobile site for Sabrespace in Customer Service forum. The new mobile format isn't good for jumping around long threads - it forces you to move one page at a time from the beginning. Good thing that this site doesn't have long threads, otherwise it would be a problem.

GG,

There is a workaround for that. In the box at the top showing the the actual address of the page you're on (http://forums....) towards the end, you will see a page_st_nn#xxxxxx, where 'nn' is a number like 20, 40, 80, 260, etc. That shows which reply is the 1st of that page, if you're seeing 20 posts per page and want to jump to the 4th page, change 'nn' to 80.

Not elegant, but it works.

This looks pretty good. The only reason I keep off of SabreSpace is because of the bubble icons that say "pinned", or "off topic". It makes everything look mashed together and somewhat difficult to read on the forum page.

Also the emoticons, sometimes the only way to convey sarcasm without actually typing "sarcasm". 17 are a big question mark. Most notably: censored, doh, devil, sick, worthy, thumbdown, and cry. HOUSE might not like the fact that the flirt one is gone too.

It'll take some getting used to but nothing I'm gonna throw a fit about. Funny you did the day before high school starts for me, its like my entire life is changing.

Also like the cool thing that happens when someone posts and you haven't refreshed the page and there's an option to show the post. Many times people have asked the same question or some wittier comment while I was typing mine and I didn't realize it so I would have to delete my post.

I would say my only complaint is the inactive Shoutbox at the top of the topics on TSW. Aside from that, it seems to be pretty good. I would say that it looks "cleaner", though that is a poor descriptor.

Look at the ice cream cone icon in the far right corner of the blue nav bar under the header.

Ok... that just seems silly. But, I found it. Any way possible to make it more intuitive and useful, i.e. like it used to be?

Also, my header is jumbled. There's a large space before the TBD link, then one between Gallery and View New Content. Calendar, Chat Room, and More are on a second line. And the Search box is out of center line with the header.

I was going to upload a pic to show, but i can't upload files or create links in a post/reply. Am I missing something? In fact, all the options for posting are not showing up.. emoticons, links, etc. I can just type text and go. (speaking of intuitive... isn't it better to have "Reply" and not "Quote"?)

And, finally, just a matter of my taste, but I don't see a need to have all the avatars along with who made the last post in a thread. Just seems to make the front page busier.

I'm using Safari browser on an iPad latest iOS version. Not sure if that matters or not.

Doesn't seem to be an IPB app for Android. Is there anything you would recommend for those users? Also my Android tablet does not recognize text fields so it won't give me a keyboard to type on.

PTR

The mobile skin is what is available for Android.

I don't know what to say about an Android tablet. I certainly would never have access to one to test. If it is a bug it will eventually get fixed by the developers.

I would say my only complaint is the inactive Shoutbox at the top of the topics on TSW. Aside from that, it seems to be pretty good. I would say that it looks "cleaner", though that is a poor descriptor.

I'm working on it. There is a way, but it is very confusing.

This is awesome. I love it!

One thing, though, SDS. I can see and click on "Moderator CP" in the upper left hand side, even though I'm just a member. I'm assuming that's a bug, and not everyone is supposed to see that.

EDIT2: Only seems to happen on the front page of the forum.

Edited by BlueFire

Ok... that just seems silly. But, I found it. Any way possible to make it more intuitive and useful, i.e. like it used to be?

Also, my header is jumbled. There's a large space before the TBD link, then one between Gallery and View New Content. Calendar, Chat Room, and More are on a second line. And the Search box is out of center line with the header.

I was going to upload a pic to show, but i can't upload files or create links in a post/reply. Am I missing something? In fact, all the options for posting are not showing up.. emoticons, links, etc. I can just type text and go. (speaking of intuitive... isn't it better to have "Reply" and not "Quote"?)

And, finally, just a matter of my taste, but I don't see a need to have all the avatars along with who made the last post in a thread. Just seems to make the front page busier.

I'm using Safari browser on an iPad latest iOS version. Not sure if that matters or not.

1. Do an F5 refresh. You have cache issues.

2. Click more reply options under the posting box.

3. Those are the changes... Unless I custom skin this (and I won't other than small changes) - that's the way it is. Many people complained about this. Many people liked it. Just like the Office ribbon...

This is awesome. I love it!

One thing, though, SDS. I can see and click on "Moderator CP" in the upper left hand side, even though I'm just a member. I'm assuming that's a bug, and not everyone is supposed to see that.

EDIT2: Only seems to happen on the front page of the forum.

and what happens if you click on it?