Software upgrade: Your place to comments here

SDS

After many moons, I finally got a chance to upgrade to forum to the latest release. Here are the comments from SabreSpace when they went through it. Please scan for answers there:

http://forums.sabres...ace-to-comment/

there is also the help file (linked in the footer):

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

Couple of points:

1. There is no longer a secondary "title" line. That space is for tags. Check this post for an example. Also, the old 2nd line is no longer visible. I know that screws up some titles. Not my decision.

2. Gallery is still a little messed up. I have to look into that.

3. No, there is no longer a way to hide all avatars. Not my decision.

4. Avatars/photos are now one and the same.

I know some people won't be happy because they're still pissed parachute pants went out of style. Sorry, time moves on. I do my best in the time I have alloted. If you don't have something constructive to say, just don't say it. If you have legit questions as you explore the new software, please post them here.

Thanks!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought someone had Rosened the board.

All kidding aside, if TBD is now like SabreSpace I'm a little disappointed. I read TBD mostly through my Android mobile browser and it does like SabreSpace. Never works quite right.

For example I cannot reply to individual posts now.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How about changing the avatars for the levels from the Sabers to the Bills? Not that it would matter much, but it tends to be a bit confusing for us old farts.

Nice catch. Thanks. (it has been updated)

I don't like the fact that I have a "warning point" to be shown to the public... Makes me look like a delinquent...

No one sees that but you, but now that you have posted it - we all know.

Dammit... I was just kidding?

LoL... Haha... Sure you were! Somebody has been a nasty fella...Just razzing you...

Anyway... Starting to look good... Seemed squirrely at first but, putting it through its paces. Keep up the good work!

Edit feature works... Try it to test it. Once you hit "save changes", it doesn't take you back to the thread... It just leaves you theree. I wasn't sure if it edited, so I hit the "save changes" button a couple more times. I had to click on another buutton up top to get back to the full thread and out of the edit page... Is this normal or a glitch?

Anway... Seems cool... Faster. Change is scary but, this is gonna be great!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

In My Settings, Notification Preferences there is an option to Push Notifications. What does this option do if checked?

Is there a setting that will take me to the first unread post in a thread I've previously viewed? I've got this on my mobile version, but haven't seen a setting for it here.

Many of the 'smilies' appear as a red X when I view them while posting.

Is there a setting that will take me to the first unread post in a thread I've previously viewed? I've got this on my mobile version, but haven't seen a setting for it here.

I think because of the upgrade, it now considers every topic a new topic to you until you go back into it. That's what I see right now on the Mobil version.

Change! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :ph34r:

Couple things I've seen so far.

1) Every now and then a post just looks like a white box. I have to hilight it to be able to see it. Not sure what the trigger is yet.

b) On a forum page, on a post where there are no new replies for me to see, there is no icon and the background is white, not the blue background when there is an icon. Not a big deal, just looks weird.

iii) the first emoticon ( :death: , apparently) doesn't appear.