Software upgrade: Your place to comments here

SDS

just playing, I don't have a "warning point," but DefenseWinz does, what did you do bad boy?

I like it, not that drastically different, just need to get use to it. I did have one issue/question though: When I hit the "Like This" button for the first time, just to see how it works, it gave me a message that I have used my limit for the day. That may need to be fixed.

I'll look into it. I don't think many use it, so I may disable it. It was always funky for me on SabreSpace and I never knew why.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDS. Good work. Few things I notices on my end.

First of all I must point out that I'm only using this site on my Iphone so if it's different for me vs PC/Mac users then oh well, I guess I'm boned.

1. First thing I noticed is that right in the Stadium Wall page, when a post has multiple pages, you can see how many pages it has, but there is no way to bypass whatever pages and get to the end right away. The Mario Williams thread would have sucked with a few hundred pages of there was no way to do this then.

2. Being inside any certain post I uses to get the option at the bottom on the mobile version to "go to top" it was a handy feature that limited some unnecessary finger scrolling.

3. The check mark on each persons posts (might be the notification people are talking about when they comment about thier daily quota being at it's limit, I really font know computer lingo), well.... When I click it, it says I'm at my daily limit. Never noticed anything like that before on my iPhone in the old setup so don't even know what this is. Seems like other people do though.

That's all I got. Hope my opinions help. Not sure if they can be fixed or not but thank you again for the work you put into this site. Without it I don't know what I'd do with myself.

There's a TBD mobile app?

Don't know about a mobile app, but I use the mobile version of the site on my phone.

Another question - the quick link drop down box to navigate to other forums that used to be on the lower right is now gone. Can it return?

Another question - the quick link drop down box to navigate to other forums that used to be on the lower right is now gone. Can it return?

Look at the ice cream cone icon in the far right corner of the blue nav bar under the header.

There's a TBD mobile app?

No, but there are mobile apps from the software vendor (IPB). I have their old free one that I use all the time, but it has been depricated by a new "$2" one that gets bad reviews. I'll download that anyway and see if the old complaints have been addressed.

Look at the ice cream cone icon in the far right corner of the blue nav bar under the header.

Ahh. Very intuitive. Sometimes programmers need to be smacked on the head to shake the cleverness out.

SDS. Good work. Few things I notices on my end.

First of all I must point out that I'm only using this site on my Iphone so if it's different for me vs PC/Mac users then oh well, I guess I'm boned.

1. First thing I noticed is that right in the Stadium Wall page, when a post has multiple pages, you can see how many pages it has, but there is no way to bypass whatever pages and get to the end right away. The Mario Williams thread would have sucked with a few hundred pages of there was no way to do this then.

2. Being inside any certain post I uses to get the option at the bottom on the mobile version to "go to top" it was a handy feature that limited some unnecessary finger scrolling.

3. The check mark on each persons posts (might be the notification people are talking about when they comment about thier daily quota being at it's limit, I really font know computer lingo), well.... When I click it, it says I'm at my daily limit. Never noticed anything like that before on my iPhone in the old setup so don't even know what this is. Seems like other people do though.

That's all I got. Hope my opinions help. Not sure if they can be fixed or not but thank you again for the work you put into this site. Without it I don't know what I'd do with myself.

1. I hear you. It may be more of an issue now because I think all the topic markers are "new". After you have read a thread, it should take you to last unread post. That's all I got.

2. To go to top on an iphone just tap on the top bar in any app.

3. I turned off reputation system. Problem fixed!

Interesting look, but I used to change the skin so work would not see the Bills stuff on my screen. Is there a way to change to the IP skin of yore?

Which one? There is the default skin that you can chage to in the bottom left corner "change theme".

1. I hear you. It may be more of an issue now because I think all the topic markers are "new". After you have read a thread, it should take you to last unread post. That's all I got.

2. To go to top on an iphone just tap on the top bar in any app.

3. I turned off reputation system. Problem fixed!

Which one? There is the default skin that you can chage to in the bottom left corner "change theme".

thanks For the help. 2 of the 3 questions answered. Now I must go back to the Wall and then back here to see if it automatically takes me to the 3rd page. Question though, is there anyway to give us the option like there was becote or with this new setup are you boned and can't do it? Even if it tales you to the last page read, it's still a pain sometimes. Maybe you wanna skip around or whatever. I know it's not that big a deal, but I liked using the page links.

That's all I got. Love it regardless. Thanks again.

Well, worked. Clicked on the link to the page and it brought me right here. Does it bring me here because this is the last page I was reading? Or the most recent page of the thread that I've already been into?

Same comment as I made on the mobile site for Sabrespace in Customer Service forum. The new mobile format isn't good for jumping around long threads - it forces you to move one page at a time from the beginning. Good thing that this site doesn't have long threads, otherwise it would be a problem.

Your answer lies in IPB's new mobile app. There is a "Page" button on the bottom that when you tap it - a list of page numbers appear and you can jump to a page. It'll cost ya $2 though.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ips-communities/id521920635?mt=8

iOS only for now... They claim the system ripped off by their CEO will get one soon. :)

I'm going to hop on board with a request to make TSW (and The Aud Club, for that matter) compatible with Tapatalk. It's apparently free to do so, but I don't know what is involved. By far the best mobile app around for forum navigation, notifications, and the like.

Well, worked. Clicked on the link to the page and it brought me right here. Does it bring me here because this is the last page I was reading? Or the most recent page of the thread that I've already been into?

last unread post....

Looks great to me (I tend to go with a non-Bills skin to be less obvious what I'm doing at work, though)

One thing I'll mention (and I think I mentioned this last time)--I was always a fan of the red vs blue topics--i.e. when a topic reached x number of replies, it turned the icon red. It was an easy way to see--at a glance-0what topics are trending.