Software upgrade: Your place to comments here

SDS

I assume you mean tapatalk, because I think that is where I saw this. It only means the member has had recent activity and have not logged out (they are "online" so to to speak).

Yes, it's Tapatalk, and from what I gather your interpretation is accurate.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, I go through this every time there's a software upgrade or I change desktops (and I feel like an idiot for it), but I cannot find the little options menu to change the threads to Linear+ display. If anyone can just point that out to me or get a screengrab or something, I'd really appreciate it.

I swear, I go through this every time there's a software upgrade or I change desktops (and I feel like an idiot for it), but I cannot find the little options menu to change the threads to Linear+ display. If anyone can just point that out to me or get a screengrab or something, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure alternate displays are gone.

struggling with major lag when posting. lost whole thoughts. Thats a big deal for someone like me. and i wont try multi quote again soon.

New servers?

No. Our hardware is holding up well. The forum is Javascript heavy now. Perhaps you have an older rig? Maybe you haven restarted your browser in weeks?

The forum is very snappy for me.

Is it your settings on the phone? Can you access other sites through mobile network?

Other sites are fine, and I used to be able to access the forums, but now it seems like the IP address is blocked by the site. I get an error message," [#2000] you are not allowed to access this community."

How about if you start a new topic and your topic is "HOT" according to the stadium wall? Do we get like a donut or coffee or something to go with the hot topic we created? There's nothing better than a hot topic while sipping on some coffee and eating a glazed donut...

Just remember that

How about if you start a new topic and your topic is "HOT" according to the stadium wall? Do we get like a donut or coffee or something to go with the hot topic we created? There's nothing better than a hot topic while sipping on some coffee and eating a glazed donut...

Just remember that

Please don't goof around in this thread. I'm monitoring it for real responses (on my vacation). Stay on topic.

Ok, when asking about these things - people are going to need to start providing necessary information. No one calls tech support and says, "My computer is broken tell me what is wrong with it."

You can access the forum by:

desktop

2 different IPB iOS apps

A mobile skin

Tapatalk (presumably in different OS flavors).

I assume you mean tapatalk, because I think that is where I saw this. It only means the member has had recent activity and have not logged out (they are "online" so to to speak).

Yes, indeed I was on tapatalk, and you're right about giving more info regarding a perceived problem/issue. That's good advice for all. It's stressful I'm sure to install a new board and then run around fixing this and that - especially for a wild bunch of petulant posters such as we.

Please don't goof around in this thread. I'm monitoring it for real responses (on my vacation). Stay on topic.

Enjoy your vacation, and again - thanks for bringing the best user experience to we Bills fans!

Ok, why does it let me "reply to this topic" at the top of the page just fine, but not let me reply using the Quote or MultiQuote tabs under any specific posts.

does this help (from the help section)?

Replying

To add a post to the topic, simply scroll to the bottom of the page, and start typing in the reply box.

To quote another post in your reply, you can either click the Quote button beneath a post, or use the multiquote feature. Multiquote is used when you want to quote more than one post in your reply. Select the Multiquote button underneath the posts you want to quote, and you will notice that the button will change color. At the bottom of the page, you will notice an informational box appear with the total number of posts you have added to multiquote. You can multiquote from different pages in a topic, or even different topics in the forum. When you are ready to post a reply with the posts you have quoted, simply click the "Quote Posts Add Reply" button.

does this help (from the help section)?

Replying

To add a post to the topic, simply scroll to the bottom of the page, and start typing in the reply box.

To quote another post in your reply, you can either click the Quote button beneath a post, or use the multiquote feature. Multiquote is used when you want to quote more than one post in your reply. Select the Multiquote button underneath the posts you want to quote, and you will notice that the button will change color. At the bottom of the page, you will notice an informational box appear with the total number of posts you have added to multiquote. You can multiquote from different pages in a topic, or even different topics in the forum. When you are ready to post a reply with the posts you have quoted, simply click the "Quote Posts Add Reply" button.

Mind blown.

That's the thing. It doesn't let me use the "quote" button. Unless I am still missing something. I tried it several different ways. It's also not always allowing me to sign in. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Id I just start typing in the box below and hit "post" it doesn't do anything. If I then hit "more reply options" and inside that hit "post" it works.

It doesnt allow me to edit, either, as I just tried. And inside the "more reply options" I meant to say hit "add reply" not post.

That's the thing. It doesn't let me use the "quote" button. Unless I am still missing something. I tried it several different ways. It's also not always allowing me to sign in. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Id I just start typing in the box below and hit "post" it doesn't do anything. If I then hit "more reply options" and inside that hit "post" it works.

It doesnt allow me to edit, either, as I just tried. And inside the "more reply options" I meant to say hit "add reply" not post.

Sounds to me like you're not logged in

But I am logged in. It says so at the top, and it's allowing me to post as "Kelly the Dog", if I do it a certain way. I really don't get it. I'm fairly certain I may just need to unlock something, but I don't know what that is. I have had a little trouble on the Sabre Space side at times as well.

... You can multiquote from different pages in a topic, or even different topics in the forum. When you are ready to post a reply with the posts you have quoted, simply click the "Quote Posts Add Reply" button.

Mind blown.

Seen it in a previous version of the board. I'd use the multi-quote (or whatever it was called then) then see that someone answered or had the same comment as I did later. Then when going into another thread, I'd hit Quote and see the original multi-quote included in my reply.