Political Correctness has jumped the shark (again)

What would Rick Monday have to say about this? Didn't he save the flag?

Shut the !@#$ up, EII. We can't even use a real day as an epithet for you; we have to use one of the fake ones the Jacobins made up when they rewrote the French calendar during the First Republic.

Until this thread I have never heard anybody call anybody a Monday. This is a big reach IMHO.

That's what I thought. But apparently it's a fairly well-know racial epithet that has been around for years. :rolleyes:

Yes

Reason I ask is that your context, then, I would expect to be substantially different from most of ours (mine, at least). I don't hang out with racists, so I don't hear variations like "Monday"...you, unfortunately, don't have much of a choice when they're inflicted on you.

Reason I ask is that your context, then, I would expect to be substantially different from most of ours (mine, at least). I don't hang out with racists, so I don't hear variations like "Monday"...you, unfortunately, don't have much of a choice when they're inflicted on you.

Good point, and I realize that that will color (no pun intended) our outlook on this subject.

I've never been called a "Monday," (not that I'd really care if I was) but I have heard the racial context used in a joke. Once the joke was explained to me I was told by another at our luncheon that someone referred to him that way when he was in Arizona on business.

Before that, I'd never heard of it.

Good point, and I realize that that will color (no pun intended) our outlook on this subject.

I've never been called a "Monday," (not that I'd really care if I was) but I have heard the racial context used in a joke. Once the joke was explained to me I was told by another at our luncheon that someone referred to him that way when he was in Arizona on business.

Before that, I'd never heard of it.

Must be a west of Mississippi thing? I've never heard of it until this thread either.

Must be a west of Mississippi thing? I've never heard of it until this thread either.

Never heard it out here. Ever. But I live in the suburbs, so if we have contempt for anything to the extent that we'd call it a derogatory word like Monday, it's probably the actual day of the week.

Sometimes we get a little uncivilized and say crazy things like "Man, this Tuesday feels like a Monday," but only once in a while when the silly season is upon us.

Never heard it out here. Ever. But I live in the suburbs, so if we have contempt for anything to the extent that we'd call it a derogatory word like Monday, it's probably the actual day of the week.

Sometimes we get a little uncivilized and say crazy things like "Man, this Tuesday feels like a Monday," but only once in a while when the silly season is upon us.

That is just inhumane.

That was the point. This term was meant for the discerning racist to convey hate in a subtle and refined manner. Then some jackass cop starts screaming it at a baseball game and the secret is out.

That was the point. This term was meant for the discerning racist to convey hate in a subtle and refined manner. Then some jackass cop starts screaming it at a baseball game and the secret is out.

Yeah, all it takes is one bad apple to spoil a perfectly fine white sheet.

Do you always need to have jw show you the vibrant color of urban life?

Ive heard the joke and it is very very likely that he was using it in the assumed manner. The whole thing seems ridiculous to me though. The guy gets fired for yelling "monday" at a player and they support their action by saying he is a known racist???? Why did he have a job if he was a known racist already?

Nothing worse than some jackass ruining yet another secret racist word. At least we still have 'portobello' and 'October'.

Monday's child is fair of face. (white cracker if ever I heard of one)

Tuesday's child is full of grace. (homo-hating religious zealot)

Wednesday's child is full of woe. (my birthday)

Thursday's child has far to go. (trucker, NASCAR fan, no doubt)

Friday's child is loving and giving, (Libtard/gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual government ward)

Saturday's child works hard for a living (shift workers/small business owners/entrepreneurs)

But the child who is born on Sunday,

is bonny, blithe, and eats at Chick-fill-A every day.

Monday's child is fair of face. (white cracker if ever I heard of one)

Tuesday's child is full of grace. (homo-hating religious zealot)

Wednesday's child is full of woe. (my birthday)

Thursday's child has far to go. (trucker, NASCAR fan, no doubt)

Friday's child is loving and giving, (Libtard/gay/lesbian/transgender/bisexual government ward)

Saturday's child works hard for a living (shift workers/small business owners/entrepreneurs)

But the child who is born on Sunday,

is bonny, blithe, and eats at Chick-fill-A every day.

Ut oh... 2/11/1968 was a Sunday... My mother went into labor on Saturday (snowstorm in BFLO @ Sister's Hospital) and I was born very early Sunday morning... I work a different shift every week... But, not being born on a Saturday, work is cake... I am happy and handsomely good looking... ;-) :-P

Blush... :-O

I never ate at Chick-Fil-A... Always wanted to but the family always has overridden it the last couple of years I pushed for it. Anway, I want to go there even more now... LoL...

I never ate at Chick-Fil-A... Always wanted to but the family always has overridden it the last couple of years I pushed for it. Anway, I want to go there even more now... LoL...

It's pretty good for fast food.

Ive heard the joke and it is very very likely that he was using it in the assumed manner. The whole thing seems ridiculous to me though. The guy gets fired for yelling "monday" at a player and they support their action by saying he is a known racist???? Why did he have a job if he was a known racist already?

Well, truth be told, it's Boston. Being racist is kind of required to work for that city. They just don't like it when their employees go out and brag about it like this guy did. If they let him get away with yelling Monday willy nilly then who knows what would come next.

Very tight ship they run there in Mass.

This explains your myopic view of the world and people. Your bored and mentally stunted from living in the burbs. You should get out more it will help with your retarded view of the world and people.

This explains your myopic view of the world and people. Your bored and mentally stunted from living in the burbs. You should get out more it will help with your retarded view of the world and people.

I thought you lived in the country?

I thought you lived in the country?

No, I had a ranch/rehab center in the country that was burned down in the 2007 fires and in the aftermath I planted grapes and tried starting a winery but lost it to foreclosure. That was my business, I always lived in the city and commuted to the ranch. I would stay over night sometimes but lived in the city. The best of both worlds I guess.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

No, I had a ranch/rehab center in the country that was burned down in the 2007 fires and in the aftermath I planted grapes and tried starting a winery but lost it to foreclosure. That was my business, I always lived in the city and commuted to the ranch. I would stay over night sometimes but lived in the city. The best of both worlds I guess.

Bummer about your business. Hey, at least you swung the bat.

As far as the suburbs, I see that as the best of both worlds. I have enough land to plant crops, raise chickens, have a pool, and the kids have room to play, and I'm also still in the middle of civilization, there are plenty of kids around for my daughter to play with, I'm a short drive from everything I need, and as a bonus I can take advantage of the public school system (something I wouldn't dream of in the city).

Bummer about your business. Hey, at least you swung the bat.

As far as the suburbs, I see that as the best of both worlds. I have enough land to plant crops, raise chickens, have a pool, and the kids have room to play, and I'm also still in the middle of civilization, there are plenty of kids around for my daughter to play with, I'm a short drive from everything I need, and as a bonus I can take advantage of the public school system (something I wouldn't dream of in the city).

I don't consider myself in the suburbs but I guess we are. I do have a garden and on a walk around the neighborhood we saw some people with chickens walking around their front yard. laugh.gif

I don't consider myself in the suburbs but I guess we are. I do have a garden and on a walk around the neighborhood we saw some people with chickens walking around their front yard. laugh.gif

I believe that qualifies as "urban." It does in most of the third world, and since the Bay Area seems to aspire to that level...

Enjoy your suburban life while you can. Good luck explaining that one to St. Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the stock market is racist.....

http://marketday.nbc...t-does-too?lite

Monday is the only day the stock market is more likely to fall than to rise. The Dow Jones industrial average has been down 10 of the past 11 Mondays. And the two worst days in market history are both known as Black Monday.

Well that's pretty redundant.

Edited by Chef Jim