Political Correctness has jumped the shark (again)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Ok, somebody please fill me in. What is Monday a slur for?

I would have thought "Friday" was a better slur, with people watching the clock for the weekend, etc. Monday is when everyone with a job has to get up and going.

Or is that the day welfare checks are delivered or something?

I would have thought "Friday" was a better slur, with people watching the clock for the weekend, etc. Monday is when everyone with a job has to get up and going.

Or is that the day welfare checks are delivered or something?

Monday is the "least liked day of the week". I know, a stretch but that's what the article said.

A cop got FIRED for saying Monday? My God they can drive around drunk all day, smashing into cars and the worst they get is suspended with pay.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I was hired at the woodlawn Ford stamping plant in 1977 as a part time worker on Mondays and Friday's only. To cover for the vested Union workers who considered Mon/Fri a permanent sick day.

But man that's a stretch.

Or at least because "Friday" implies man-servant (i.e. Robinson Crusoe).

A cop got FIRED for saying Monday? My God they can drive around drunk all day, smashing into cars and the worst they get is suspended with pay.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I was hired at the woodlawn Ford stamping plant in 1977 as a part time worker on Mondays and Friday's only. To cover for the vested Union workers who considered Mon/Fri a permanent sick day.

Yeah the real story here is that freaking Monday who fired him. And if I knew his ethnicity id use the relevant slur, since he'd interpret that way anyway.

More accurately, he got fired for saying it to one of their precious Red Sox.

Monday is the "least liked day of the week". I know, a stretch but that's what the article said.

I've heard it used and its not exactly new. The way I've heard it explained is typically in the context of a joke. Someone asks "why do you call them Mondays?" and the immediate answer "Because nobody likes them."

What is any word - an utterance with some pragmatic or meaningful context, right?

The "N" word (just like any word) is simply a collection of consonants and vowels - until you realize that it has an implicit negative context.

If your Congressman yelled at your daughter saying that she is a "BEEOOOTCH" would you tell her to suck it up cause "Beeoootch" is not even a word (despite his obvious intention) or would you demand that he be reprimanded in some way?

If the individual said "Monday" as a surrogate for "!@#$," "coon," "dog ****," or whatever, does it matter that he decided to go the euphemistic route? Or does it only matter that he intended to degrade and demean but was too chicken-**** to be blatant with his bias?

Isn't the issue really that he is a public official - charged with a duty to protect and serve and fairly execute the law - who "hates" an entire race of people who he is expected to fairly administer justice amongst?

But you'd be fine with a black panther, racial seperatist (who euphemistically referred to you and yours as "the man"), as your beat cop who administered, largely, unchecked justice.

Right.

Edited by Juror#8

Well, we're all Mondays today.

But here's a little Tuesday to brighten your spirits.

I've heard it used and its not exactly new. The way I've heard it explained is typically in the context of a joke. Someone asks "why do you call them Mondays?" and the immediate answer "Because nobody likes them."

Does that mean Brussel sprouts and liver are also racist terms?

What is any word - an utterance with some pragmatic or meaningful context, right?

The "N" word (just like any word) is simply a collection of consonants and vowels - until you realize that it has an implicit negative context.

If your Congressman yelled at your daughter saying that she is a "BEEOOOTCH" would you tell her to suck it up cause "Beeoootch" is not even a word (despite his obvious intention) or would you demand that he be reprimanded in some way?

If the individual said "Monday" as a surrogate for "!@#$," "coon," "dog ****," or whatever, does it matter that he decided to go the euphemistic route? Or does it only matter that he intended to degrade and demean but was too chicken-**** to be blatant with his bias?

Isn't the issue really that he is a public official - charged with a duty to protect and serve and fairly execute the law - who "hates" an entire race of people who he is expected to fairly administer justice amongst?

But you'd be fine with a black panther, racial seperatist (who euphemistically referred to you and yours as "the man"), as your beat cop who administered, largely, unchecked justice.

Right.

There's a big difference between calling my wife a c#nt and calling her a pain in the ass, even if I'm conveying the same sentiment. Just sayin

So wait, is "Monday" a racial epithet only for blacks, or is it for anyone? And if so, do blacks love Mondays, or at least not hate them? If the answer is "no," HTF is this a racial epithet?