Thank You / How is Wall Imprtant To You

Hoping it be understood some of my sentiments intentions were to encourage those who do not post as they once did for various reasons reflect on them,all concerned let the past ill will, misunderstandings , contentions, go, lay them down as many folk are missed. From notable ones such as Lori, journalist Graham, to Stuck, older back in the day posters Mark and Lamb ect. I understand in no way it be my place to be making comment on the running or operation of site, those that have privilege to do so entirely at Scott's discretion. It my concern the impact of misunderstandings ect. Site clearly frequented by many peoples . In my coming and going the work I do I have came to the recognition that it very well possible that a person being alone, the disease or scourge of people being alone, loneliness may very well be the greatest and cureable disease present today. We a people who have learned much , designed much new impressive technology, we still as populous as we are have far to many who live alone, from our elderly, disabled, the disadvantaged. I have at times concern for those who are no longer here, life as we have each seen in our own personal experiences can be fragile. Might each and everyone of us, remember in what we say and post, it be opportunity to either tare down or build up, each of us can make a real difference in a persons life. I to old to posture being a tough guy or whatever, might I suggest the greatest cure to much of what ails us is that "we love each other",

-wanted just once to say that:blush:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I just clicked that and my first thought was, "how did I miss this?" Then I looked at the date -- January 2010 -- and it made sense. There hasn't been much reason to be discussing the Buffalo Bills in January for quite some time, so I'm sure I was in "offseason" mode.

Still, hate I missed an opportunity to provide well wishes, and obviously glad everything worked out.

This place is an excellent electronic water cooler - I check in every day to see what Bills news people are talking about as well as other non-Bills topics. There are places to get Bills news, but this place has so many sets of eyes and ears scanning the world for Bills news you're always going to find out what's happening very quickly on The Wall. You also get the stuff that you DON'T get in the new - the stuff that's NOT news yet - rumors about what could happen. And of course you also get the opinions of the fans - what do people really think about what's going on with the Bills.

Before this place I used to hang out at the Rochester D&C HyperBills message board. Because it was tied to a commercial operation, the Rochester paper, they had to moderate it fairly tightly. The job usually fell to some kid at the paper who just couldn't police it all - way too much to try and control as a single person. As a result, the D&C just shut the thing down - too much trouble to deal with. Homeless, I dropped a note to Scott suggesting he pick up the torch and add a message board to his site and this place was born. I've been here since the start and when I see how many people have been a part of this place it makes me happy - this place was defintely needed - Kudos to Scott and co. for providing it.....

I can't imagine how hard it was to create this site and how difficult it is to maintain it.

I don't think I have the capability to do anything electronic; I know how to get myself around a computer but creating websites and then doing enough to keep them running? That just seems way out of my realm of electronics.

Heck, doesn't SDS run SabreSpace too? I don't go there that often (football offseason is way more eventful compared to the hockey offseason and it just seems to me that there is more to talk about after a football game then after a hockey game) but I'm pretty sure I've seen the SDS screen name with the green lettering underneath a few times. If so, that seems like a full time job. Brovo! :thumbsup:

My regret about the Wall is that I even ventured over to PPP. What an awful place. Other than that, the Wall is a great message board with some great posters. It says a lot that amount of traffic they get for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years. Everyone here deserves the playoffs this season.

My regret about the Wall is that I even ventured over to PPP. What an awful place. Other than that, the Wall is a great message board with some great posters. It says a lot that amount of traffic they get for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years. Everyone here deserves the playoffs this season.

It's only awful if you're stupid.

(Okay, not entirely true. It's awful no matter what. But it's only insufferably awful if you're stupid.)

It's only awful if you're stupid.

(Okay, not entirely true. It's awful no matter what. But it's only insufferably awful if you're stupid.)

Or you have a different opinion and aren't a 40+ yo internet tough guy. But keeping changing the world with your 30,000+ posts! :devil:

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Before this place I used to hang out at the Rochester D&C HyperBills message board. Because it was tied to a commercial operation, the Rochester paper, they had to moderate it fairly tightly. The job usually fell to some kid at the paper who just couldn't police it all - way too much to try and control as a single person. As a result, the D&C just shut the thing down - too much trouble to deal with. Homeless, I dropped a note to Scott suggesting he pick up the torch and add a message board to his site and this place was born. I've been here since the start and when I see how many people have been a part of this place it makes me happy - this place was defintely needed - Kudos to Scott and co. for providing it.....

I had to go down to the International Paper store and buy a copy of the Buffalo News to get any in-depth Bills coverage. After that, there was the alt.sports.buffalo.bills net server. After the internet began, there was the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle site, and then soon after TBD. That's how important TBD is!!!!!

Yeah, I'm old.

Edited by BmoreBills

Or you have a different opinion and aren't a 40+ yo internet tough guy. But keeping changing the world with your 30,000+ posts! :devil:

Hey! I'm over 40 and liberal as hell!

1342128808[/url]' post='2503215']

The only thing I question about this place is the TSW Staff. You never see them post or have much activity so I have no clue on what there job on this website is...

You are kidding?

What do they need to do, put big red letters that say mod on all the post that they submit? They are on all the time. Open your eyes.

You are kidding?

What do they need to do, put big red letters that say mod on all the post that they submit? They are on all the time. Open your eyes.

I meant the actual TSW Staff as in Administrators, Global Moderators, and then TSW Staff.

But I understand my mistake. I doubled click something on accident and it showed something different. Apologize guys.

I was here when the site was launched. Most internet fan sites back in the 90's were unmoderated jokes. The fact that some of us STILL get together as friends after all these years is amazing.

The wall has helped me raise over $10,000 over the years in the fight to find a cure for MS.

My thanks to you all for being my friends on the wall, and some of you in person. :D

:unsure:

mod

Fixed

Hey, wonder all you want, but I agree with the teen dude.

Fixed

MOD

I meant the actual TSW Staff as in Administrators, Global Moderators, and then TSW Staff.

But I understand my mistake. I doubled click something on accident and it showed something different. Apologize guys.

Hope it helps.

JUST messing with you.:thumbsup: