We lost another Bills fan

Guffalo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost another Bills fan yesterday. Kevin Weil, an artist and businessman from Kenmore passed away last night. He was responsible for the early artwork for the Buffalo Bills in the AFL in the early 60's. he will be missed, he was also my Dad

Sample Bills covers

Two of my uncles had season tickets during those early Rockpile years, and I remember seeing the programs at their homes. Sorry for your loss.

We lost another Bills fan yesterday. Kevin Weil, an artist and businessman from Kenmore passed away last night. He was responsible for the early artwork for the Buffalo Bills in the AFL in the early 60's. he will be missed, he was also my Dad

Sample Bills covers

Very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Those covers are classic. Would love to see the old Buffalo Bill character re-visited. Thanks for sharing and our thoughts and prayers go out to you and family.

Sample Bills covers

very very sorry for your loss.. time will heal, but i do want you to know that my father was responsible for exposing me to the bills and your father's art. i was 8 years old in 1960 when my father took me to my first bills game. as i am sure your father was, my father was a huge bills fan as we both jumped on board in 1960. as we entered the tunnel gate on best street , he would buy me the program, sorry for your loss, but your dad was responsible for me having so many great memories and helped establish my long lifeblood to the bills.

Edited by dwight in philly

Sample Bills covers

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing away, my prayers are with you. The community also has lost someone whose work touched many lives but I have a special thank you for the link ... I found the program cover for the very first Bills' game I ever went to with my dad in 1962, which brought back memories of that special man in my life who went to be with the Lord back in 1991.

Going to get that one printed and framed ...

Edited by shoretalk

Guffalo:

I lost my mom 4 years ago on my 40th birthday, and it was tough. Nothing we can say will make you feel better, but know he was part of what generated what we love in our team. Those graphics were fantastic and started it all for Bills fans.

I'm sure you are so proud of him, and even though the memories the first year are so hard, it gets better.

All the best.

MGK

My mother had found one of these old programs with your fathers artwork and gave it to me a few years ago...it proudly is framed and hangs in a place of prominence in my office.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss...