Do you ever picture TBDers

Fat Alec, I think.

Once I actually signed autographs for people who thought I was him. They were, of course, not very bright people, and were REALLY confused after I signed my actual name and not "Alec Baldwin".

See that's the great thing about this thread. I know you've mentioned this Alex Baldwin resemblance in the past and I just thought you were busting balls. I always imagined you looked like this but acted like his psychotic twin brother.

Fat Alec, I think.

Once I actually signed autographs for people who thought I was him. They were, of course, not very bright people, and were REALLY confused after I signed my actual name and not "Alec Baldwin".

Dude, you could get so much kitty with that. Just sayin.

Fat Alec, I think.

I had the same experience being confused for James Gandolfini, when the "Sopranos" first started. I wasn't as fat (then), but neither was Gandolfini! I was at a Chris Isaak concert, and two girls asked me for my autograph. Like you, I obliged, but just signed my real name. :P

I have also gotten the Bruce Willis and Michael Chiklis comparisons. In all honestly, Gandolfini and Chiklis are closer than Willis, at this point.

Edited by Buftex

I had the same experience being confused for James Gandolfini, when the "Sopranos" first started. I wasn't as fat (then), but neither was Gandolfini! I was at a Chris Isaak concert, and two girls asked me for my autograph. Like you, I obliged, but just signed my real name. :P

I have also gotten the Bruce Willis and Michael Chiklis comparisons. In all honestly, Gandolfini and Chiklis are closer than Willis, at this point.

I get Gandolfini alot too, especially with the goatee from The Mexican:

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2001_The_Mexican/2001_the_mexican_012.jpg

Given some time, mine should start to look more and more like me. Although, I'll readily admit he is already better looking than I have been at any point in my life (probably has his mom to thank for that)...

As for others, I know I'm as guilty as anyone with changing avatars, but when people do that, it messes me up for weeks. :wallbash:

Then he is the perfect representation of Tom.

I am not an egomaniac.

Once, when I was in Salt Lake City, I was stopped and asked for an autograph by a guy who was certain I was a football player. He insisted I played linebacker for the Cowboys, no matter how much I denied it. He even insisted after I pointed out that Dallas was playing the Giants Sunday, so why the hell would I be in Salt Lake City on a Friday afternoon? I just signed an autograph and left...it was just easier at that point.

People are stupid.

I've also gotten Nathan Fillon (Pre-Firefly, when he was the "That guy from 'Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place'"), Dan Marino, and - completely inexplicably - Tom Selleck.

I am not an egomaniac.

Once, when I was in Salt Lake City, I was stopped and asked for an autograph by a guy who was certain I was a football player. He insisted I played linebacker for the Cowboys, no matter how much I denied it. He even insisted after I pointed out that Dallas was playing the Giants Sunday, so why the hell would I be in Salt Lake City on a Friday afternoon? I just signed an autograph and left...it was just easier at that point.

People are stupid.

I've also gotten Nathan Fillon (Pre-Firefly, when he was the "That guy from 'Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place'"), Dan Marino, and - completely inexplicably - Tom Selleck.

You're on the edge, man. Just a observation.

As for others, I know I'm as guilty as anyone with changing avatars, but when people do that, it messes me up for weeks. :wallbash:

It gets me every time. I don't picture posters as their avatars, but I do associate the two. I never actually read the names anymore. One fun one that throws me off is the few times I see DC Tom and Alaska Darin in the same thread. I cross up the Statler and Waldorf pictures.

Given some time, mine should start to look more and more like me. Although, I'll readily admit he is already better looking than I have been at any point in my life (probably has his mom to thank for that)...

I love the shark towel pic. :thumbsup:

Wow, thats truly a feat, I don't think Nathan Fillon even gets recognized in public as Nathan Fillon (except maybe the occasional Sci-Fi nerd because of Firefly)

I always thought Poojer was that weirdo clown on top of a vending machine.

Alright, alright, alright. My avatar is me.

"Here comes the story of the hurricane..."

Still working for the city?

I used to go with the Six Flags old guy, I changed to the current one when the guy tried to rob a store and got beat down by 3 women. In my younger years I was told I looked like Michael J Fox, but since I have gotten older and my forehead has expanded (or I lost more hair) my son says I look like Bill Murray.

It amazes me that no one's called me out for being full of **** yet. Even though they've never seen me.

I do have a picture of Baldwin somewhere which has fooled my own family. I can't find it now, but this one is pretty close.

I know what you look like. You showed up to a pre tailgate party one time and got photo'd.

I look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, but my eyes are dreamy and sparkly like my friend the Gorn...

I know what you look like. You showed up to a pre tailgate party one time and got photo'd.

I look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, but my eyes are dreamy and sparkly like my friend the Gorn...

No I didn't.

No I didn't.

There was a TV mini-series a couple years ago about the CIA. I think it was called The Company. Michael Keaton was in it and his character was this OCD agent trying to figure out who the Soviet mole inside the CIA was. The series took place over several decades, from the start of the Cold War to the 80s. As the series progressed and the years went on, Keaton's office was shown with an ever growing compilation of yellow post it notes spread throughout the office as he tried to piece the little pieces here and there into the greater puzzle.

That's kind of how I picture Tom. Sitting alone in some room with a wall and desk full of post its. Every time somebody posts something on TSW, Tom makes a note of it and files it according to his system. So that he can reference that same remark which you made about Dennis Kusinich in 2004.

There was a TV mini-series a couple years ago about the CIA. I think it was called The Company. Michael Keaton was in it and his character was this OCD agent trying to figure out who the Soviet mole inside the CIA was. The series took place over several decades, from the start of the Cold War to the 80s. As the series progressed and the years went on, Keaton's office was shown with an ever growing compilation of yellow post it notes spread throughout the office as he tried to piece the little pieces here and there into the greater puzzle.

That's kind of how I picture Tom. Sitting alone in some room with a wall and desk full of post its. Every time somebody posts something on TSW, Tom makes a note of it and files it according to his system. So that he can reference that same remark which you made about Dennis Kusinich in 2004.

Evernote was a real life-saver, believe me.

What about meathead?

And I have thought about this many times, recently, as well. What do all of our avatars mean? Mine is the logo I designed for the farm - it is my actual bull photoshopped all up and green.

Ha ha ha.

Yeah I picture a guys head suffocating and ready to be shipped to your farm.

jk

Why do you guys hate Alec Baldwin? The guy's awesome. His politics are mildly retarded but he's a great actor, he beats up photographers at 53, AND admits he thinks it's funny. There's something to be said for that kind of honesty.

I used to like him. Good actor. Correct.

However he's also an ahole fat slob arrogant ahole!

In the 70's 80's and 90's I looked like Billy Joel. I'd have complete strangers come up and tell me. Not so much anymore. I have hair.

Wait, you're not Black????

I always thought you were a black chef named Jim.

It is kind of funny to identify people with their pictures on here, I really don't do it. Honestly' I have no idea what PPP is either.

And I liked Jack Kemp as a Bflo Bill but didn't like him so much as a politician.

So you're Benjamin Button?

Lol. I just checked out that movie again last week. What a good movie. I actually liked that they didnt fast forward his childhood and moved to the adult brad pitt years really quick. They stayed a while with him being old but young in age.

It is kind of funny to identify people with their pictures on here, I really don't do it. Honestly' I have no idea what PPP is either.

And I liked Jack Kemp as a Bflo Bill but didn't like him so much as a politician.

Same here I dont know what ppp is.

By the way I'm not an automated logo from a bad basketball team. Just saying. I'm a real person. Sometimes I get confused with Alec Baldwin and sometimes with a stupid puppet.

I've gotten a few times that I look like Paul Gaustad. Just not as tall and without the receding hairline. As far as the avatar, it's Greenman from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for no other reason than I freakin love that show.

tgregg is prob the best example of this for me. He used to have the guy with the weird face and I always wondered if it was really him. It was impossible for me to take any of his points serious either :P

The lesson here is NEVER, EVER lose a bet to your brother and let him choose your avatar.