Patriots Release Ochocinco

Exacty. We're a pass-first team with only one WR of note. We shouldn't be turning any name WR down for a try out.

Agree 100%. Bring him in, if it doesn't work out in camp then get rid of him no loss. He isn't going to get big money no matter where he signs, and players at the stage of their career that he is usually want to go to a place where they have a chance to contribute, and with the Bills lack of depth and experience at WR he has that chance if he still has anything left. He isn't the asshat that T.O. is, I don't always like his antics, but his have always been more from a fun point then a selfish, destroy a team angle like T.O. always has been.

Could look at the other way: with Welker and Gronk firmly established as the targets, how could anyone else get many balls thrown their way?

Wouldn't hurt us AT ALL to have him in for a tryout.

True. The Pats offense is designed now to throw to two excellent tight ends and a couple midgets who don't run long routes, but get yards after the catch. What harm can it do bringing him in? Can't be anymore harm then bringing in Vince Young, both with possible upsides and very little risk.

Edited by BuffBill

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like stevie johnson wouldn't mind having him:

@StevieJohnson13

OG @Ochocinco tell ya agent to set that up with The #BillsMafia. Ya Field Swag was Contained a Whole Season. Come TurnUp wit us in BuffCity.

Well yeah that's true, but it may just be their system and having Welker and gronk getting most of the looks. Moss performance with them really dropped off when they picked up gronk. We'll see this season, but one off year by chad certainly wouldn't make me not even give him a work out. If he can't impress relative to Donald jones. then yeah he is done lol

I really wonder if his ego would get in the way of him accepting a work out somewhere. As long as he's financially stable (unlike TO), I don't see him going that route anywhere.

Looks like I am one of the few advocating that the Bills try him out and possibly sign him. Here is my logic (and some counter points to some good ones raised here):

- He is washed up. Certainly looks that way based on his serious lack of production last year. But, I think he was in the wrong offense which is very Brady-centric in its execution. Timing, being on the same page as TB. That is not Ocho's strong suit. He needs to have a simplified offense where he can just run his routers and out-duel the defender for the ball. I think Gailey is good at using the strengths of his players and he can use Ocho effectively especially in a #2 role

- He is a me-first guy: He was but has been pretty quiet last year. Has life sobered him up ? Has he matured ? I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a year or two. Guys, lets not be hypocritical here - we have already signed one (ex) head case in Vince Young. If we are giving the benefit of doubt to him, there is no reason to not extend that same generosity to Ocho especially considering that both players spent relatively quiet times last year with their second team after a drama-filled stint with their first teams

- We need a #2 badly: Yes we can wait for the cuts to see if some viable option drop in our laps. But we are not in control of that situation. Ocho is available now and am pretty sure he can be signed on the cheap.

Bring him in and see if he at least has the will to win.

You've lost your damn mind.

Would you have said the same to those wishing we signed Vince Young ? In any case, stick to arguments.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Looks like I am one of the few advocating that the Bills try him out and possibly sign him. Here is my logic (and some counter points to some good ones raised here):

- We need a #2 badly: Yes we can wait for the cuts to see if some viable option drop in our laps. But we are not in control of that situation. Ocho is available now and am pretty sure he can be signed on the cheap.

Finally, a "we can sign him on the cheap" reference!!! I've been waiting for it.

Looks like I am one of the few advocating that the Bills try him out and possibly sign him.

Don't worry about it. Ever since we signed Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, it's the in-thing to do to pretend that we're too good to bring in certain players for even a WORKOUT. Hilarious that after years of wanting us to sign ANYONE and crying about it; everybody wants to turn people down because they're "this" or they're "that" with no more insider knowledge than the guy selling hot dogs.

I'm with you Fan in Chicago. What's it hurt to bring him in and see if he's got anything left? Stevie has chemistry with him. Admittedly, they're all about each other. And most importantly.....

Ryan Fitzpatrick has worked with him. Need we forget that Fitzy came from Cincinnati, after a year that he started for an injured Carson Palmer.

Yes, it didn't work out in New England. But he was moving from one team to another. A completely different scheme. It could have been as simple as it just not being a fit. From Day 1, it seemed like Tom Brady and him were just not on the same page. NOT TO MENTION..... he missed all OTA's and a large portion of training camp because of the NFL Lockout. Kinda hard to get on the same page with a new team and a new QB without OTA's and training camp, don't ya think?

And for everyone comparing him to T.O.; he's 5 years younger than Owens. 5 years ago, Owens was still a pretty viable threat. So why can't Ocho Cinco be? Not to mention, T.J. Graham is a rookie.

Oh! By the way, he retweeted the tweet that Stevie sent him. So he seems like he'd be open to it.

I don't know. I just think it's worth a shot. There's FAR too many variables to just write him off as a possible contributor to this team. Stop being such elitests people! Friggin' know it alls!

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I am normally against bringing in players like this, I hated the T.O. signing, but I think Ocho could really help this team, if they let him be himself.

Why? Why 'let him be himself'? Why shouldn't Stevie get to be himself then? What about Williams? Everybody should just do their own thing. Where does this belief that he's willing to do what it takes to win come from? He's shown time and time again, he's willing to do what he wants to do, but not what he needs to do.

So there is a lack of confidence in the number 2 position at receiver. Let's make dumb moves just because the options there aren't all that great.

Edited by jeremy2020

Chad Johnson is a football personality, not a football player. The fact that his decline in the NFL is not really for physical reasons speaks volumes. He had every opportunity to be at least a #5 receiver with a future hall of fame QB and couldn't get on the field. Think about it this way. If Fitz played for the Patriots and had a Brady like season Chad Johnson would not see the field. How could Buffalo's zip code possibly provide Chad with his next logical career which is sideline reporter. I bet Joe Namath would even get to 3rd base with him on the first date. :beer:

I don't know. Would you rather have Lee Evans? Also washed up no?

Chemistry wise Ocho would fit in better with Stevie and Fitz. And then everyone else would slap the chit out of him if he were a disruptive force on the team and ultimately, Chan would say get out. T O wasn't a problem whatsoever when he was here and he had a decent year. Ocho did nothing to upset any chemistry in NE if I recall and sure would be nice having two guys that played for belicheat last year on our side. The winning side.

I'm ok with bringing him in he certainly has experience that we are lacking and if he does'nt work out, see ya no hard feelings.

Don't worry about it. Ever since we signed Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, it's the in-thing to do to pretend that we're too good to bring in certain players for even a WORKOUT. Hilarious that after years of wanting us to sign ANYONE and crying about it; everybody wants to turn people down because they're "this" or they're "that" with no more insider knowledge than the guy selling hot dogs.

If having insider knowledge were a prerequisite for posting opinions on this board, there would be nothing here but a sh*tload of crickets.

I don't know. Would you rather have Lee Evans? Also washed up no?

Chemistry wise Ocho would fit in better with Stevie and Fitz. And then everyone else would slap the chit out of him if he were a disruptive force on the team and ultimately, Chan would say get out. T O wasn't a problem whatsoever when he was here and he had a decent year. Ocho did nothing to upset any chemistry in NE if I recall and sure would be nice having two guys that played for belicheat last year on our side. The winning side.

I'm ok with bringing him in he certainly has experience that we are lacking and if he does'nt work out, see ya no hard feelings.

Brady emphatically stated ocho wasn't any kind of problem after that blowhard brushci tried starting crap in the media

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack