Patriots Release Ochocinco

Why do I have nighmares of him torching the Bills like Ted Ginn's career game did against a hobbled Terrence McGhee while rookie Leodis McKelvin was on the bench?

Because the only place that will happen is in your dreams.

PTR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them. I hope they steal a win from Pats this year and he shines in it

I'll echo that. Anything to knock the pats* down. I'm so sick of watching them get stroked.

I'd like to see Buffalo and Miami back on top of the AFCE again.

I'd also like to see the pats* go back to the 2-14 team that they used to be in the Dick MacPherson days.

Why do I have nighmares of him torching the Bills like Ted Ginn's career game did against a hobbled Terrence McGhee while rookie Leodis McKelvin was on the bench?

Answer: the past 12 years

Everything changes in 2012.

Ah the oh-so-wonderful publicity signing. Its the classic "give the fans a name and hope they come to the stadium" trick. It worked on us with TO, odds are it'll move a jersey or two for Miami but it definitely will not translate into any wins. The guy is well past his prime, he couldn't put up numbers with Tom F'N Brady throwing the ball to him.

Ochocinco is beyond washed up, he's on his last spin cycle.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

bit of a homecoming for Chad, isn't it? -Anyway, I think he'll do well there as a decoy. You can't completely ignore him if he's on the field.

You can't completely ignore anybody who's out there. He's definitely not worth a double team anymore so I don't think he'd be much more of a decoy than anybody else they throw out there. He's just getting that respect on name recognition now.

Edited by biglukes

I agree that Ocho signed 1, Because he still thinks he can play, 2. Hard Knocks, 3. He'd be the spotlight in Miami, and add that the Phins signed him because of 3, and 2, might get them 1, and to fill seats (Of course).

Look Miami beat us twice last year. Ocho still has some gas left and saying that he sucks because he couldn't play with Brady throwing him the ball is ignorant. Everyone knows Brady and Ocho made nice/nice for the cameras but the chemistry was NEVER there, period. I hope he does well in Miami, but plays crap against us.

Oh, and I called this signing on page 2 of this thread. :)

Tim-

Chad has never done anything against the Bills. Heck, Donte Whitner shut him down for years. Last season, the one time he did get open and had a clear Touchdown that might have saved the Pats, he dropped it. I'm not worried one bit about him in Miami.

I agree that Ocho signed 1, Because he still thinks he can play, 2. Hard Knocks, 3. He'd be the spotlight in Miami, and add that the Phins signed him because of 3, and 2, might get them 1, and to fill seats (Of course).

Look Miami beat us twice last year. Ocho still has some gas left and saying that he sucks because he couldn't play with Brady throwing him the ball is ignorant. Everyone knows Brady and Ocho made nice/nice for the cameras but the chemistry was NEVER there, period. I hope he does well in Miami, but plays crap against us.

Oh, and I called this signing on page 2 of this thread. :)

Tim-

It's not ignorant; it's a completely legitimate argument against Ocho's continuing credibility as a WR in the NFL. When you're a part of perhaps the most prolific passing offense in the league, and you can't get your head into the playbook so you understand how to make yourself useful, your desire and willingness to do what it takes to win can (and should) be questioned. We all know Chad can "catch the ball."

It's not ignorant; it's a completely legitimate argument against Ocho's continuing credibility as a WR in the NFL. When you're a part of perhaps the most prolific passing offense in the league, and you can't get your head into the playbook so you understand how to make yourself useful, your desire and willingness to do what it takes to win can (and should) be questioned. We all know Chad can "catch the ball."

Perhaps, all I'm saying is that if you're a receiver it helps when you and your QB have a relationship. Could've been the playbook (Might have been actually) but I think some of it was Brady's unwillingness to throw to him. I will add that brady's unwillingness to throw to Ocho might have been his lack of confidence in Ocho's ability to actually catch the ball, but no one can argue that brady's favorite targets were the TE's and Welker. I'm not as convinced as many that NE's offense was any more complicated than anyone else's, sorry, so I have to conclude that more was involved with why Ocho wasn't targeted as much.

Tim-

Perhaps, all I'm saying is that if you're a receiver it helps when you and your QB have a relationship. Could've been the playbook (Might have been actually) but I think some of it was Brady's unwillingness to throw to him. I will add that brady's unwillingness to throw to Ocho might have been his lack of confidence in Ocho's ability to actually catch the ball, but no one can argue that brady's favorite targets were the TE's and Welker. I'm not as convinced as many that NE's offense was any more complicated than anyone else's, sorry, so I have to conclude that more was involved with why Ocho wasn't targeted as much.

Tim-

Tough for Brady to throw to him when he didn't even know the play book well enough for his coach to trust him to be on the field a lot of the time.

Edited by biglukes