Drayton Florence Released

Ah no, this thread got Peters'd.

Let me save you all the trouble: half of us think the Peters trade was horrible, the other half of us think it was good. Neither side will convince the other side, in this thread, or elsewhere. Let's not do this again.

I'm just waiting for Bill from NYC to show up. This is like sending out the bat signal.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very possibly. He is the worst DE on the team right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it through Training Camp.

Hes another of these high motor great locker room guys with borderline starting nfl skills (size & speed) from the prior regime, likely to fall casualty to Nixs demonstrated propensity to get strong, smart and fast football players.

Well he hasn't been a pro-bowler yet and to be honest, he's been hurt his fair share as well. Two season ending injuries in four years?

Actually he was nominated to the Pro Bowl but was put on IR and IR players can't play in the Pro Bowl.

Hard to compare the sacks when they played in front of different QB's. An LT in front of Fitz should almost always give up less sacks than an LT in front of trent/vick.

Less? Sure. But not by a ton.

Actually he was nominated to the Pro Bowl but was put on IR and IR players can't play in the Pro Bowl.

Less? Sure. But not by a ton.

When was this? I seriously can't remember.

Yea, what a bum especially with our world class pass rush last year.

I agree. Won't miss him a bit.

The pass rush was not responsible for poor angles and missed tackles. Obviously the Bills' management agrees, or he'd still be on the damn team.

Edited by Marauder24

Seriously? You're counting "nominated" to the pro bowl as being a pro bowl player? Nominated means your name is on the ballot. It doesn't even designate a pro bowl alternate. There are 4-5 centers in each conference nominated.

As being a Pro Bowl quality player, yes.

There is 8-10 centers nominated for the entire NFL every year. There are 32 teams. If you're nominated, your considered one of the top 8-10 centers in the entire NFL. Does that count for nothing.

Seriously?

Just don't get caught googling the wood...

LOL. I did laugh.

There is 8-10 centers nominated for the entire NFL every year. There are 32 teams. If you're nominated, your considered one of the top 8-10 centers in the entire NFL. Does that count for nothing.

Seriously?

LOL. I did laugh.

C'mon Dogma. You're stretching for this one here a bit. No?

And I did google it. Never occurred for me to look up something he didn't win.

Edited by stony

C'mon Dogma. You're stretching her a bit. No?

A Pro Bowl nomination is often considered as more of a measuring stick than making the Pro Bowl. Earning a Pro Bowl big is a popularity contest. Being nominated is an indication of your skill as one of the top 10 at your position in the NFL.

Seriously?

Yeah, it means he is in the upper third of the league. That's a darn good player. First you said he was all-pro. There is only one of those. That's a great player. Then you sad he was pro-bowl. There are four of those, and sometimes more considering the alternates. Now you're equating anyone on a pro bowl ballot as being a pro bowl player. That's just not true or accurate. I love Eric Wood, and think he will likely play in a few pro bowls, hopefully this year. But if you say something on this board as a fact, it should be a fact or people will jump on you. ;) And if you mean pro bowl caliber player say pro bowl caliber player. That is a different designation than pro bowl player.

Seriously?

ť

LOL. I did laugh.

Being nominated to the pro bowl does not mean you are a pro bowl quality

Yeah, it means he is in the upper third of the league. That's a darn good player. First you said he was all-pro. There is only one of those. That's a great player. Then you sad he was pro-bowl. There are four of those, and sometimes more considering the alternates. Now you're equating anyone on a pro bowl ballot as being a pro bowl player. That's just not true or accurate. I love Eric Wood, and think he will likely play in a few pro bowls, hopefully this year. But if you say something on this board as a fact, it should be a fact or people will jump on you. ;) And if you mean pro bowl caliber player say pro bowl caliber player. That is a different designation than pro bowl player.

It was a mistype. I said that immediately after someone pointed it out to me. I never meant that he was an all-pro.

But let me tell you something. Being nominated is just as prestigious as making the Pro Bowl. Any coach, GM, or scout will tell you that. Being selected to the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

Either way, I can't help but think that those who are attacking my mistype are simply trying to deflect from the fact that Jason Peters was not handled poorly by the Bills.

Being nominated to the pro bowl does not mean you are a pro bowl quality

Yes it does. That's exactly what it means.

Edited by dogma+

It was a mistype. I said that immediately after someone pointed it out to me. I never meant that he was an all-pro.

But let me tell you something. Being nominated is just as prestigious as making the Pro Bowl. Any coach, GM, or scout will tell you that. Being selected to the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

Either way, I can't help but think that those who are attacking my mistype are simply trying to deflect from the fact that Jason Peters was not handled poorly by the Bills.

I think you used the wrong word again. :devil: I don't think it is just as "prestigious" at all. It is much more prestigious to be a pro bowl player and invited to the game than just being considered on the ballot. It may be just as "indicative" of a pro bowl caliber player, yes. What you're trying to say, I would agree with for the most part.