Drayton Florence Released

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

I like it though. I was not a big Florence fan. As long as McGee is healthy I am more than okay with this. I also think Leodis will be fine with a good pass rush.

its disappointing after seeing how pumped up he was about the city and team this offseason, but you have to put the best players on the field.

WOW! Not sure I get this move at all unless they are looking to bring someone else in and needed the money? Does this save them any cap space?

I highly doubt McGee is going to play this year, and wouldve kept Florence through camp. They must be happy going with Gilmore, Williams, McKelvin...

Wow.

Wow.

I like it though. I was not a big Florence fan. As long as McGee is healthy I am more than okay with this. I also think Leodis will be fine with a good pass rush.

I share your hope, but until he shows otherwise, I'm not optimistic.

WOW! Not sure I get this move at all unless they are looking to bring someone else in and needed the money? Does this save them any cap space?

Or pay Fred Jackson his money...

Not sure if I posted it here. Come think I didn't post my 53 man roster yet. But I had Florance gone. IMO they should have cut McGee instead because he might be better when healthy but well be looking for a replacement for McGee by the 2nd set of downs on opening day. At least Florance can stay on the field. Nevertheless, I called it as a suprise cut. My others were either Aiken or Martin at WR, and Johnson or Edwards. Think I had one more too, have to go check my list. Very classy of the Bills to do this now though, gives DF a chance to catch on with a team before all the camps start.

its disappointing after seeing how pumped up he was about the city and team this offseason, but you have to put the best players on the field.

Yeah, he loved Buffalo almost as much as he loved taking penalties at inopportune times or getting toasted. I think they just knew that Gilmore and Williams were going to start opening day depending on the health of McGee. Leodis is in his contract year. Brooks is good enough to play dime back as a rookie. Even with two rookies we go five deep there without counting Rogers.

Florence was also one of the first players to go nuts on Twitter when the Bills released Lee Evans. I'm sure that wasn't lost on Mr. Nix or Mr. Brandon.

His play didn't justify his salary so either he was due a roster bonus or they're making room for someone else. Perhaps and offer to Young?

Remember the famous youtube video where he made Sanchez flinch? Yeah, Sanchez flinched, then pushed Drayton 14 yards downfield. He responded by taking a penalty. Pure genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2iFLQqpDlI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Can't say I'm shocked. Thanks for the interception and return against the Patriots, buddy!

I could see a team giving him a one- or two-year deal at this stage of his career, but it's a real possibility that this could mark the end of the line for Florence.