Drayton Florence Released

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all salary cap moves are dumb nor have a conspiracy attached to them. But no matter what we say about Draytons play in '11 he finished the season as the best Bills CB. As aside it's laughable for anyone to claim that corner wasn't a major need heading into the draft.

Agreed that CB play stunk and that CB was a major need.

I don't agree that Drayton was clearly our best CB. He was worse than McGee (when McGee was actually on the field) and about even with Williams. With Drayton getting a year older (in the over-30 danger zone for quick twitch positions) and Williams not a rookie anymore I would expect Williams to be a good chunk better than Drayton this year.

We had 7+ Conerbacks. We were going to have to cut one. With poor play, wrong side of 30, high salary and doesn't play special teams, I think it was an easy choice. The Bills clearly felt so too given how fast they did it.

And Russ Brandon is great for this organization. Local guy who truly has the best interests of the team at heart.

Agreed. He's very good at certain aspects of his job, and I think some of the stuff he does and does well made it possible for the Bills to hire Buddy Nix as GM and let Buddy just be a football personnel guy. I'm glad we have him.

I think Brandon, however, is a little too slick for my likes, I don't think he is being honest a lot of the time even when he very well may be, because he always always always talks in such superlatives that everything is fabulous. I think he could take a few lessons from Ted Black of the Sabres in fact who is extremely good at being very optimistic and seemingly realistic at the same time.

Wasn't Rodgers 120?

I don't know. I tend to doubt it but it's possible. I thought Rogers was terrible last year but he was an undersized #7 rookie from a smaller college so I didn't expect him to even get on the field. I do know that this 103 number that has been repeated everywhere come from the Pro Football Focus stats, and they listed the top ten worst and the list is there. It's possible that they did the stats and Rogers was at 120 but they didn't list him because of the "not enough chances to quality" scenario.