RD 2, Pick #41: OT Cordy Glenn - Georgia

Beerball

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will always be compared to Martin now since he went with the next pick to the Phins

I think Bills took Glenn over Martin bc he is more of a physical lineman and versatile enough to play tackle and guard which makes him more valuable

I think they took him to be a LT but may be RT or even move inside to be a mauler at RG

Glenn can play much sooner--even day one--while Martin will need at least a year to get stronger. Buddy said "win now" and he means it...

The terrible picks that had to happen before this.... are these dark clouds finally parting?

Yep, I want a WR, but you have to love this pick. 1st round talent.

agreed- the sea parted for us with some of those late 1st and early 2nd head scratchers

Now we are solid at right tackle and guard , now we need to draft left tackle and wr. Mayock said he is right tackle or could be a all pro guard. Glenn is not a left tackle.

Predraft nix said he thought a lot of people were incorrectly writing off a tackle as a guard, I presume glenn

Amazing! He was projected to go 20-25th overall. Total Steal!!! Now just get that WR!!! Trade up!

no trade up and i think CHIX like the WRs we picked up late last year and have coming back from IR.

i think we will draft a WR but i don't think the team has it as high as some of us do

Liking this a lot! Solid addition to the trenches. With Wood already beasting (when healthy of course), Urbik fitting in nicely, Hairston looking promising, and Levitre as well, this O-Line has the makings of a very solid unit.

Let's hope Buddy hits on his second O-lineman in the second round again.

All-SEC LEFT OFFENSIVE TACKLE Cordy Glenn.

This guy improved every game as the season went on and in the SEC Championship game on December 3rd, Glenn dominated LSU's All-SEC Defensive End Sam Montgomery.

After Kalil, this was some people's (certainly mine) best LOT.

Nolan Nawrocki had Glenn as a solid first rounder.

You people who are calling him a right tackle or a guard are way off.

This guy is already an excellent Left Offensive Tackle and he's just scratched the surface. He's a diamond in the rough.

Mark my words, this guy's career will blow away Reilly Reiff's.

Or they proved they have a different opinion. I actually agree with them, I didn't think Pears was all that great last year.

I'm not a huge fan of Pears either as a starter but think he would be a good swing tackle with Hairston n Glenn starting

AWESOME pick....gonna sound like the Bills front office, but I can't believe he fell to us. Second round couldn't have worked out better - OT's fell and fell and fell, then we pick and start the run. You ALWAYS want to pick at the start of the run, and we did it! GO BILLS!

Or they proved they have a different opinion. I actually agree with them, I didn't think Pears was all that great last year.

Then I guess you didn't really watch him that closely either. He was probably our most consistent lineman all year and stayed healthy which is something nobody else on the line was totally able to do.

For all of you that don't like the pick, remember 1 thing.......

He is going to be practicing against the guys on our new D-Line every day in practice. He won't see much better talent, if at all, during the season. So, while a bit raw yet, he will get his lessons every day in practice against our line. He'll be fine!

SOLID PICK at this point in the draft!!!!

Cordy Glenn   OT   Georgia 

STRENGTHS

Cordy is a huge, talented, athletic offensive lineman.  He is so large that when he lines up on the line of scrimmage, he sticks out like a Beluga whale.  He has very quick feet and when he uses the correct techniques, he is a very good pass blocker.  Cordy steps up when he is challenged.  He has good mental stamina and is a smart offensive lineman.  He understands his assignments and does not make many mistakes or have a lot of penalties.  He has excellent balance and is very rarely on the ground after, or before, a block.  Cordy does a good job using his hands to keep players away from his body and has those long arms to go along with his quick feet that make you think he has left tackle talent -- and he does.  He has played multiple positions for his college team because of his athletic talent and football intelligence.  Cordy can be an excellent left tackle or right tackle at the next level.  In fact, if he wants it badly enough, he could play any position he wants on the offensive line.  That's if he wants it.

CONCERNS

Cordy looks to me on film to be about 340 - 350 lbs.  He needs to slim down to about 320 lbs.  He also needs to get stronger in both his upper and lower body. Right now, Cordy does not have the strength that most players his size possess and is also a very sloppy run blocker.  He comes off the line upright and slow and, because he doesn't have much strength in his legs, he gets pushed off the line until he can bring his feet and use his weight to defeat his block.  For the next level, that will not work.  This kid has a lot of work to do to be a guard or a tackle for the next level, but he does have the athletic talent and I think moving around so much and playing different positions has stunted his growth as an offensive lineman. He needs to figure out what position he wants to play in the NFL and start working on it really fast...and, he needs to lose weight! 

BOTTOM LINE

Being overweight and using sloppy techniques do not make me feel that Cordy is not going to be a successful offensive lineman at the next level.  He has the talent and I'm sure the coaches love him because of his ability to play more than one position.  However, I think this has given Cordy a false sense of his abilities for the next level.  This happens a lot to talented players at the college level.  Coaches take a player with Cordy's talent for granted and stop coaching him to coach players who need more help.  Cordy needs good coaching to go with his strength and weight training.  He is a very talented player and his workouts will move him up on teams' boards, but he is a few years away from starting for the team that drafts him.  If he doesn't get stronger and is thrown on the field too early, there's a possibility he will get injured and defensive linemen will beat him like a drum.  That being said, he has left tackle talent and playoff teams at the end of the first round will take a chance on him and draft him a little early.  Right now, I don't see him playing guard at the next level because he is slow off the snap but that may improve with the weight loss and improved strength as well.  To me, he is definitely a tackle.  A tackle with the talent to play at a Pro Bowl level, but that talent is currently hidden deep right now and it will take time, good coaching and a great strength and conditioning program.  I like this kid's talent and you should never pass up on a player with Cordy's type of talent and attitude who could play more than one position on your offensive line.

All-SEC LEFT OFFENSIVE TACKLE Cordy Glenn.

This guy improved every game as the season went on and in the SEC Championship game on December 3rd, Glenn dominated LSU's All-SEC Defensive End Sam Montgomery.

After Kalil, this was some people's (certainly mine) best LOT.

Nolan Nawrocki had Glenn as a solid first rounder.

You people who are calling him a right tackle or a guard are way off.

This guy is already an excellent Left Offensive Tackle and he's just scratched the surface. He's a diamond in the rough.

Mark my words, this guy's career will blow away Reilly Reiff's.

I am surprised he was still there in the second considering his versatility and overall size

Either he replaces Pears or he plays RG...

I like the pick and hopefully he can go to left tackle. I thought the Bills resigned Pears to a longer contract last season so maybe the front office feels Glenn is playing left tackle for us.

I can see Hairston starting at LT with Glenn being part of the depth w/ Levitre. He needs to be in OTA's working on strength and agility. I love his size and raw power, but the footwork is something he needs to work on to be a starting LT in the NFL. I am happy with the pick, as a person that watched a bunch of Standford games, as opposed to Martin as he addresses current depth and the future at LT, something Martin would not do. It will be interesting to see what comes of the WR position.

Horrible pick. Slow,. fat. Will get fatter slower with age.Mike Williams 2. Watch the ankle and knee problems begin. Goodone Buddy.

From what I've read on the first two pages this is the most idiotic comment. You know he was told he needed to put on weight? He did. One of the Bills scouts when asked if weight is a problem said "no if we told we want him to be 245 he would do that" I think they are laughing in the war room right now that he came to them with this pick. I wouldnt have had much of a problem if they took him in rd 1.

But you, you come on with the Mike Williams comments obviously oblivious to his story. And to put salt on the wound the kid says he loves Buffalo this is the happiest moment of his life and he likes the coaches the GM and everything.

RThe Bills could not have asked for anyone better than this guy.

Check yourself! Horrible pick. Yep. Has no reach. Wont protect. UGH

The terrible picks that had to happen before this.... are these dark clouds finally parting?

Yep, I want a WR, but you have to love this pick. 1st round talent.

Agree x10. End up with Randall or some other decent wr 3rd round or trade up and were set