Easley

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes please lets hang our WR hopes on a kid who has never played an actual NFL down...whose college production was minimal, and has repeated injury and health problems...

dont get me wrong, I like him and hope like hell he can have an impact...but my hopes arent high for him this year...hopefully this WR we just drafted is the real deal, otherwise I have a feeling we will be looking at Stevie and Trash again this season

yes please lets hang our WR hopes on a kid who has never played an actual NFL down...whose college production was minimal, and has repeated injury and health problems...

dont get me wrong, I like him and hope like hell he can have an impact...but my hopes arent high for him this year...hopefully this WR we just drafted is the real deal, otherwise I have a feeling we will be looking at Stevie and Trash again this season

I just had sort of a light bulb. Maybe we got another one-dimmensional deep-threat kind of WR with good hands because we got good on the OL. I think maybe the strategy is to take advantage of the time that Fitz might actually have this year. Additionally, it looks like T.J. Graham has some run after catch ability that we could really use. Maybe we plan to use him underneath like a roscoe-type as well.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

Who is saying anything about hanging hopes on Easley? The idea that the FO thinks highly of him and that they want him to succeed is not a bad thing. Its not as if the hopes of the Bills rest in the hands of Marcus Easley. I would have liked to see them get a little more explosive on the outside, but adding Graham was a great move that will help take some of the pressure off the short timing routes. When Easley takes the field this year, he will either do something or he won't. If he doesn't, so what its nothing lost. If he does its just gravy on the plate.

i have been saying this all year :thumbsup: he is my breakout player this year, last year a heart aliment held him out after he was playing lights out in the preseason this is going to be his 3rd year in the league and wr normally breakout in year 3.....stevie did and now we replaced Parrish we are going to be ok on offense LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

The fact that he hasn't played a down in the NFL puts him in the same category as a rookie. In Easley, we basically acquired a WR with size and 4.45 speed this year. Aside from his injury two years ago, there's nothing that says hes less valuable than someone drafted this year. Besides, he knows the offense and looked good in preseason.

I was hoping Easly would be big for us as well, and maybe he will. The one thing that ticked me off was the FO putting him on IR last year for a condition that was quickly corrected with some medication. He lost a whole season for nothing. I could be wrong but it seemed he was cast aside to make room for Ruvel Martin. If so thats sad.

I was hoping Easly would be big for us as well, and maybe he will. The one thing that ticked me off was the FO putting him on IR last year for a condition that was quickly corrected with some medication. He lost a whole season for nothing. I could be wrong but it seemed he was cast aside to make room for Ruvel Martin. If so thats sad.

My guess is that not even the Bills medical staff would clear him to play.

1335643184[/url]' post='2451711']

i think the FO is higher on Donald Jones.

People kind of forget that Jones looked like a legit #2 before getting a couple of freak ankle injuries.

Maybe I'm clueless... but I don't recall Jones ever looking like a legit #2. Its because of his drops, poor effort and injuries that we need a WR so badly now. Of all the WRs currently on the roster, he's the first one I'd like to see cut.

I tend to agree with you. However, for what it is worth the guy was supposedly having a good camp his first year. The Bills have little to lose with him and potentially a lot to gain. He could be a sleeper.

i think the FO is higher on Donald Jones.

People kind of forget that Jones looked like a legit #2 before getting a couple of freak ankle injuries.

if being out of postion and having poor hands and making routine catches look like a chore= legit #2 then yes...donald duck looked legit.

The only legit #2 we have on the team is SJ.

Easley is the offenses version of yobouty, a guy drafted and then constantly hurt but teasing us every year that he'll be the guy.

we will see this year about easley....if not dont count on graham, hes a "one trick pony, deep threat guy" why did we draft him after everyone said evans was all of those things? except evans had supreme hands and this guys knock is he drops balls.

We know we have a need of a big receiver opposite Stevie. I have a feeling that the reason we didn't go out and get one in the draft so far is because they really like Easley and think he can make a difference this year.

I have been singing this tune for a while now...most want to dismiss him, but I am telling you that the FO thinks a lot more of this kid than people realize. And they also know more about this kid than any of us.

He has all the intangibles of what we need opposite of SJ, was being called a beast by his teammates during the lockout workouts, was getting high praise during preseason practices and also showed some real potential in the preseason games before he was out over his illness.

People keep wanting to dismiss him because he has not played really yet, but they fail to realize he has a major advantage over any rookie coming out. He has 2 years of NFL learning, and 2 years in our system.

Mark my words...he will be the opening day starter opposite of SJ and will have a break out season much like SJ did 2 years ago.

Easley hasn't played in how many years? When was the last time he's played a full length season. What kinda condition is he in right now? Highly doubt he's in any shape to play a 16 game season. I'm sure he's been liftin weights and running windsprints but that doesn't prepare you to play in the reg. season. I wouldn't count on him making an immediate impact.