Wow colt done in cleveland

This team has weapons and I think Greg Little will turn into a VERY good WR in another 2 years. 700 yds and 2 TDs in his rookie year, in that offense? That's not bad. Not bad at all. They also have Cribbs, and to this day I have no idea why he doesn't have more yds and touches than he has. People can say "they don't have WR's" but that's not entirely true. Little IMO is a solid WR and Cribbs is a weapon they need to utilize more and with the addition of Richardson, they can now get another WR with their next pick.

Little has terrible hands and has serious problems adjusting to the ball when its thrown too. If you have watched any of the games you could see he is definitely not the answer. Cribbs is a slot receiver, but he's a lot like Devin Hester. Great return man, average WR.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to give Holgrem credit for though is knowing QBs. If he's willin to slam the door on colt that fast have to factor that in.

Did I miss something? Is he still on the team ?

hes pretty successful at hiding that imho

WOW!!!!!

I'm not surprised, never was high on McCoy, but that quick....very surprising. I figured holmgren would at least pretend to have a comp. And drag it out thru TC.

Yea, I'm losing respect for Holmgren. I thought he made a mistake getting rid of Mangini's regime and now this. I'm not that sold on McCoy, (noodle arm) but Colt had to learn the West Coast offense last year with no offseason to do it. Colt had a real promising rookie year under Mangini and last year's turmoil put him at a big disadvantage. Why not give him the chance and let Weeden earn it? IMO Holmgren risks screwing up the locker room over this, Colt's a nice guy and a leader. Colt added a lot of muscle in the offseason and is/was ready to give it his all this year.

I feel sorry for this franchise as instability has been a hallmark since they put the team back in Cleve and now they're on the cusp of falling right back into that. It all starts with stability in your FO, at least Ralph's finally got that one right.

Edited by GaryPinC

Another franchise QB bites the dust.

PTR

Thing is, with McCoy, did anyone ever seriously view him as a "franchise QB"? I think, like Weeden, he was one of thos guys who was drafted higher than he should have been, because all the real "franchise QB's" in that draft were gone...like, I think Weeden will end up. Colt is a good kid, a hard worker, and could probably have a decent career in the NFL, but he is not what you (or, okay, I) would think of as the traditional "franchise QB" type. He is like a Brian Griese kind of guy (though a good guy, not a jerk)...decent, but not likely to take a team over the top, without a lot of other advantages.

I don't think McCoy is any good but honestly he is probably better than Thigpen and Smith. I would rather give up a 7th round pick for McCoy and maybe take Kellen Moore as well in the 6th or 7th. Let them battle it out for the back-up spot. Cut Thigpen and Smith as we have plenty of guys to return and Chan simply does not use the Wildcat.

If they are looking to trade him, lets do it. Bring him in and let him sit for a couple years behind Fitz and let Gailey teach him.

I would think we need somebody with a stronger arm.

Some of you are just so gung-ho about signing any and every free agent player and trading picks for every scrub player you can think of.

Every Player who is not on the Bills is better than whatever Player is on the Bills at that position. You should know this.

If they are looking to trade him, lets do it. Bring him in and let him sit for a couple years behind Fitz and let Gailey teach him.

Let Gailey teach him to be taller with a better arm? The problem with McCoy hasn't changed since he was in the draft; he's just not that good. He wasn't good in college against quality opponents and he's not good in the NFL.

I'd do this in a New York heart beat. Not to be the starter, but to ride the pine and back up Fitz and maybe start someday, who knows? I've seen him play and he looks decent. He's been on a bad team. Being thrown in as the starter on a bad team is tough.

I think the kid's got game.

What are the chances, really, that a 6th round pick will be better than him?

I don't think McCoy is any good but honestly he is probably better than Thigpen and Smith. I would rather give up a 7th round pick for McCoy and maybe take Kellen Moore as well in the 6th or 7th. Let them battle it out for the back-up spot. Cut Thigpen and Smith as we have plenty of guys to return and Chan simply does not use the Wildcat.

They already acknowledged that one of the reasons why Smith wasn't used as much in the wildcat was due to the shortened offseason and not being able to have a full offseason to get him ready for the season. later in the year they were forced to make him a WR because of injuries and he played well there for a replacement/fill in. He isn't going anywhere, and now with a full offseason to gameplan and get him ready, teh wildcat will be used more. Thigpen would be the one being moved/released if they drafted someone they think can be the backup over him, but more then likely, they take a guy later at the end of Day 3 for the PS

I was really shocked to see that the "rookie" that the Browns took to replace him is 28 years old. Hes older then some of the veteran QB's in the league!

Edited by apuszczalowski