Wow colt done in cleveland

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd consider it. Colt isn't going to be a franchise type of QB, but to me, he seems like an ideal backup. He's smart, he's a winner and just seems like the type of guy I wouldn't mind plugging in for a few weeks or whatever if Fitz got hurt. I'm scared to death about the backup we have now.

Edited by billieve79

You might even be able to get him for a 7th. He's under contract for the next 3 years at about $1M per year. He'd make a much better backup than Thigpen ($3M a year) at 1/3 the price.

This wouldn't be that bad of a move, but it would crush the dreams of the Wilson/Osweiler/Foles/etc crowd.

Why bother with McCoy? We may have drafted our QB of the future last night.

As a senior (in high school) Gilmore led his team as the QB, going 15-0, capturing the state title and ranking third in the Maxpreps.com final national poll. With Gilmore at the helm, he completed 112-of-187 passes (59.9%) for 1,771 yards and 14 touchdowns. He rushed 145 times for 1,262 yards (8.7 ypc) and 23 scores, piling up 138 points for the offense. On the other side of the ball, he recorded 13 tackles with two interceptions and a fumble recovery, in addition to handling punt returns.

That 2008 performance earned Gilmore first-team All-State honors from The State and he was named to the prestigious Parade All-American team, in addition to earning national honors from EA Sports. Named "Mr. Football" for the state of South Carolina, he played quarterback in the 72nd Shrine Bowl Game of the Carolinas, earning Offensive MVP honors.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO