Dallas Trade Down Scenario

Astrobot

The Hypothetical Situation: Buffalo is on the clock. Miami took Tannehill, so Seattle will go for DE. Dallas wants to leapfrog Seattle, and offers its RD3 and RD5 to Buffalo to switch. They take Coples.

1 10 Dallas Quinton Coples DE34 North Carolina

The Bills draft:

1 14 Buffalo Luke Kuechly ILB/OLB Boston College (158 tackles as OLB; 16 tkl/gm career avg.)

2 41 Buffalo Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech (Janoris Jenkins was there too)

3 71 Buffalo Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

3 81 Buffalo Reuben Randle WRF LSU

4 105 Buffalo Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

4 124 Buffalo Terrell Manning OLB43 North Carolina State

5 144 Buffalo QSaulsberry OC Mississippi State

5 147 Buffalo Brandon Taylor SS LSU

5 152 Buffalo Ch Minnifield CB Virginia

6 178 Buffalo Tyler Nielsen ILB Iowa (backs up Sheppard, Chris White)

7 217 Buffalo Dwight Jones WRP North Carolina (possession receiver)

7 251 Buffalo James Carmon RT Mississippi State

This report was produced using Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: http://www.DraftTek.com

I wouldnt mind a trade down of this sort. Move down a few spots for extra picks sounds good to me.

I would love to get an extra #2 from them. Maybe our 1 and 4 for their 1 and 2.

Not for 4 slots. I did our 1 and 4 for their 1 and 3, and Grabbed Hill WR:

1 14 Buffalo Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech (#1B receiver)

2 41 Buffalo Bobby Wagner LB Utah State

3 71 Buffalo Zebrie Sanders LT Florida State

3 81 Buffalo Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

4 124 Buffalo Shaun Prater CB Iowa

5 144 Buffalo Emmanuel Acho OLB43 Texas

5 147 Buffalo Jarius Wright WR Arkansas (speed receiver)

6 178 Buffalo Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin

7 217 Buffalo Dwight Jones WR North Carolina (possession receiver)

The Hypothetical Situation: Buffalo is on the clock. Miami took Tannehill, so Seattle will go for DE. Dallas wants to leapfrog Seattle, and offers its RD3 and RD5 to Buffalo to switch. They take Coples.

The Bills draft:

1 14 Buffalo Luke Kuechly ILB/OLB Boston College (158 tackles as OLB; 16 tkl/gm career avg.)

This report was produced using Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: http://www.DraftTek.com

I'd book this draft today....with the exception that you have to put Russel Wilson in there at 124

I'd book this draft today....with the exception that you have to put Russel Wilson in there at 124

Terrell Manning is Wanny's prototypical OLB and one guy I think we'll take. I'll take Wilson further down, like RD5 instead of backup S or CB.

Jones surprises me a bit. He made a lot of plays for the Heels.

The D-Tek guys see him as a possession receiver, a Josh Reed. I DO disagree with the placement of Randle on the Big Board. He's going to Houston in RD1 or I'll eat my hat.

The Bills draft:

Don't like the trade for the simple fact that I can't see more than 7 or 8 draft picks making the team. Taking a look at the Bills depth chart, I see room for 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR, 2 OT's, 2 LB's, and 1 DB at most. We don't need more 5th round picks this year.

1334717953[/url]' post='2439382']

Randle is a 1st rd talent but very lazy in run blocking......I saw a lot of Dwight Jones this year and cant believe he is not rated higher. Not a burner but damn he can play.

My prediction. Randle will be off the board before we select in rd 2. Jones will be off the board by our 2nd pick in round 3.

The Bills draft:

better be a second and a fourth.

The Bills draft:

In all honesty put Jenkins in the 2nd round spot or Robinson (if there) and you have a fantastic weekend.

Chandler becomes a 2nd TE by week 4

Sheppard moves to sam, Chris White, Moats and Nielson will be a good training camp battle. I figure we'll keep 6 active. Manning is one of those juniors that left too early but could be a steal.

I'm not sold on Mosley, but Hairston can start and I am sure there will be a Vet that gets cut and become a stop gap for Buffalo.

outstanding, thanks for a good mock start to my day

Don't like the trade for the simple fact that I can't see more than 7 or 8 draft picks making the team. Taking a look at the Bills depth chart, I see room for 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR, 2 OT's, 2 LB's, and 1 DB at most. We don't need more 5th round picks this year.

Your somewhere between flipping coins(first round) and rolling dice (late rounds) - if you like a guy that's closer to 20th than 10th, why not walk out with a few extra lotto tickets. Even if they probably don't make the team, more picks is more chances to fill holes.

Edited by NoSaint

Your somewhere between flipping coins(first round) and rolling dice (late rounds) - if you like a guy that's closer to 20th than 10th, why not walk out with a few extra lotto tickets. Even if they probably don't make the team, more picks is more chances to fill holes.

With the roster now in relatively decent shape numbers-wise, I'd rather stay at #10 and take the higher rated player than take the 20th rated player on our board and pick up more picks.

i would rather see us stay at #10.......and then package our 2nd & 3rd round picks to move up for a late first rounder.

Reiff & Stephen Hill (WR)......or Floyd & Glenn/Martin.

I don't know...Maybe it's just the twitching I get every time I think about John McCargo and JP Losman...But I'm not too keen on the Trade back into the late 1st strategy...At least not for the Bills...I'm not interested in flirting with that 3rd strike... ;)