Dallas Trade Down Scenario

Astrobot

I don't understand why anyone would be against a short trade down with Dallas that would add, hypothetically, a 3rd and a 5th round picks to our draft board. If you can add picks and still get the player you wanted at the ten position how is that a negative? Too many people are bound by the so-called draft "value chart". What it comes down to is that a person is walking away from a better deal because it doesn't fall within a handdcuffing trade code. It makes absolutely no sense.

There are those who will make the unpersuasive argument that at another time a team got a better deal with a similar trade down scenario. So what! The object of the draft and responsibility for the decision-makers for the team is to make your team better. Again, I will ask the question: How is it better to decline a deal for a short trade down in the draft that will ultimately allow you to still select the player you wanted at the ten position and also give you additional picks?

At 14 we should still get Reiff, Martin or Glenn. While I believe that Reiff is the guy we should have at 10, I guess the argument that Martin or Glenn is close to as good as Reiff might make it worth rolling the dice.

Very interesting draft possibility. Very well thought out.

i would rather see us stay at #10.......and then package our 2nd & 3rd round picks to move up for a late first rounder.

Reiff & Stephen Hill (WR)......or Floyd & Glenn/Martin.

I don't know...Maybe it's just the twitching I get every time I think about John McCargo and JP Losman...But I'm not too keen on the Trade back into the late 1st strategy...At least not for the Bills...I'm not interested in flirting with that 3rd strike... ;)

But I am almost always in favor of a Trade down...Especially this year when I think you can get a prospect like Glenn, or Gilmore, while still picking up a extra Pick... B-)

I don't know...Maybe it's just the twitching I get every time I think about John McCargo and JP Losman...But I'm not too keen on the Trade back into the late 1st strategy...At least not for the Bills...I'm not interested in flirting with that 3rd strike... ;)

But I am almost always in favor of a Trade down...Especially this year when I think you can get a prospect like Glenn, or Gilmore, while still picking up a extra Pick... B-)

you're right. It worked horribly when we did it for Eric Wood.

you're right. It worked horribly when we did it for Eric Wood.

Hey I like Woody as much as anybody...But he's also yet to make a Pro Bowl, and oft-injured...So I would not exactly call that a Home Run move either...

And it was Levitre that we Traded up for in the 2nd Round...Woody was the Pick we got from Philly for Peters...But who's counting...

But thanks for playing nonetheless...Nothing like the devil's advocate for the sake of devil advocacy alone...Anyway... ;)

Edited by KOKBILLS