Jason Peters out for season

theesir

BTW, I find it interesting/convenient that Peters had a chance to face the Bills for the first time since leaving them, in Buffalo no less, and managed to get hurt the game before, and miss it. Coincidence?

no such thing as coincidence

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not get that from the pic. The guy is a man mountain. He is faster then probably 90% of the people his age and ways 100lb more then them. He is a freak of nature when you think about it. Its like your suburban going as faster as your newly divorced neighbors corvette.

An achilles can tear anytime you put an excessive strain on the tendon. It's usually an "explosive" type injury, with basketball and racquet sports being the most common activities w/ ruptures. I tore mine two years ago playing tennis, and it's a nasty injury. Long, painful rehab with decreased flexibility and strength afterwards. And psychologically, it's hard- tough to resume regular activities. Believe me, you don't want it to happen again.

• 1 month later...

Peters ruptured his achilles again.

Peters was reportedly using a device called a Roll-A-Bout to maneuver around his house. The device reportedly malfunction, Peters fell on his face, and ruptured the Achilles again. He's going to sue the manufacturer. He will require a second surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82917fca/article/report-eagles-tackle-jason-peters-ruptures-his-achilles-again?module=HP11_headline_stack

How much do you think he'll sue for?

http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/roll_a_bout.jpg

As many millions as his rump put on it...because it was probably on suited for 200 lbs. average folk.

Edited by jboyst62

Wow, this is for real? Holy crap, talk about bad luck. That's gonna take a long, long time to heal and rehab.

Wow, this is for real? Holy crap, talk about bad luck. That's gonna take a long, long time to heal and rehab.

Yep. And he's on the wrong side of 30 now.

BTW, I heard that since he initially ruptured his achilles working out on his own and not at the team's facilities, the Eagles aren't required to pay him his salary for the season.

He shouldn't be allowed to sue, for using that jokey-looking thing to haul around his $60M ass.

totally agree. his horse probably just got skittish and bucked him out of it.

Edited by Dirtbag

Well, he'll likely STILL be voted into the ProBowl - but it'll be a sad day if FatBoy is ever awarded damages for being a stupid klutz and falling off his Roll-A-Bout.

Can you imagine anything more embarrassing then a grown man in court all teary eyed looking for sympathy because he fell off something called a roll-a-bout? What about your big wheel, Mr Peters?