Stolen from the Pages of GBID-Hot for Teacher/Ben-Gals Cheerleader

JoeF

So just to be clear...somewhere out there, some boy in high school banged a professional cheerleader, and he's a victim?

Victim of what? His own fantasies?

Well, if rumors that's she's a walking petrie dish of STDs are true, then yes he's a victim. Other than that ....

So just to be clear...somewhere out there, some boy in high school banged a professional cheerleader, and he's a victim?

Victim of what? His own fantasies?

Come on DC, you can not be that naive.

Let me put it this way: Teachers should not be having sex with their students.

Would you have the same attitude if the teacher was a man and the student was a girl?

Would you have the same attitude if the teacher was a man and the student was a girl?

Totally different. Girls don't have sexual fantasies :rolleyes:

On a serious note, you're right on. Even if it was a college professor and an adult student, it would be unethical, and likely a fireable offense for the professor. It just so happens that when there's minors involved, it is also illegal. That being said, I'm not sure if victim is the right word to describe the student in this case either. I fantasized about a few teachers in high school, and would have jumped at the chance to act on those fantasies. I would not have felt like a victim then, and would probably look back on the experience with fond memories now. That still doesn't make it right on the teacher's part, though.

The situations ARE different though as in the situation of a male teacher and a female student, the man often uses his authority and trust as the teacher to prey upon the girl.

In the case of the male student, female teacher, just my opinion, but it's just a lonely teacher looking for attention and the wanting of a younger man and the student is a much more willing participant. Just think back to when you were 15, wouldn't you sleep with a hot female teacher?

Totally different. Girls don't have sexual fantasies :rolleyes:

On a serious note, you're right on. Even if it was a college professor and an adult student, it would be unethical, and likely a fireable offense for the professor. It just so happens that when there's minors involved, it is also illegal. That being said, I'm not sure if victim is the right word to describe the student in this case either. I fantasized about a few teachers in high school, and would have jumped at the chance to act on those fantasies. I would not have felt like a victim then, and would probably look back on the experience with fond memories now. That still doesn't make it right on the teacher's part, though.

Alright if you don't think the word "victim" is the right word to use, so be it. My point is that situations like this must be taken seriously and not just laughed at.

Teachers having sex with their students is unacceptable, no matter who it is or what the situation is.

I've heard all the wiseguy jokes: "You had Cameron Diaz as a teacher while I had Sister Mary Lockjaw.", hilarious.

Having said that this woman, if found guilty, should be punished for this.

Now as for your personal fantasies you had on your teachers, you offered up a completely hypothetical synopsis of how you would have handled a situation like this. You cannot possibly know how things would have turned out for you. Maybe you were one of those rare kids in high school who actually had their head on straight and knew what you wanted and you were emotionally stable to handle anything. However, most kids are not like that. From an emotionally psychological viewpoint how could any kid react after having sex with one of their teachers? An encounter like that can change a kids perspective on their life and change their emotional outlook. That is the danger of this.

The situations ARE different though as in the situation of a male teacher and a female student, the man often uses his authority and trust as the teacher to prey upon the girl.

In the case of the male student, female teacher, just my opinion, but it's just a lonely teacher looking for attention and the wanting of a younger man and the student is a much more willing participant. Just think back to when you were 15, wouldn't you sleep with a hot female teacher?

No, there is no difference. Women can have that same type of power over a boy, it may be a different tactic but the idea is the same.

As for your second point, you could be right about a female teacher's motives, but that is still wrong.

I'll say it again: Teachers should not be having sex with their students.

Your final question is a stupid, but I will say that personally, no I would not have. Because the way I was raised, I knew it would be wrong. The sad thing is that some kids probably would. Kids do stupid things all the time.

• 6 months later...

Teacher/cheerleader pleads guilty, and leaves the courtroom holding hands with her (now 18-year-old) student:

http://news.cincinna...10704/310080131

So not only the luckiest boy in America but apparently the smartest too. Prosecuters couldn't do much given that the kid and his parents refused to cooperate with them.

The student’s father does not consider his son a victim,

Finally some common sense parenting!

Edited by KD in CT

Alright if you don't think the word "victim" is the right word to use, so be it. My point is that situations like this must be taken seriously and not just laughed at.

Teachers having sex with their students is unacceptable, no matter who it is or what the situation is.

I've heard all the wiseguy jokes: "You had Cameron Diaz as a teacher while I had Sister Mary Lockjaw.", hilarious.

Having said that this woman, if found guilty, should be punished for this.

Now as for your personal fantasies you had on your teachers, you offered up a completely hypothetical synopsis of how you would have handled a situation like this. You cannot possibly know how things would have turned out for you. Maybe you were one of those rare kids in high school who actually had their head on straight and knew what you wanted and you were emotionally stable to handle anything. However, most kids are not like that. From an emotionally psychological viewpoint how could any kid react after having sex with one of their teachers? An encounter like that can change a kids perspective on their life and change their emotional outlook. That is the danger of this.

No, there is no difference. Women can have that same type of power over a boy, it may be a different tactic but the idea is the same.

As for your second point, you could be right about a female teacher's motives, but that is still wrong.

I'll say it again: Teachers should not be having sex with their students.

Your final question is a stupid, but I will say that personally, no I would not have. Because the way I was raised, I knew it would be wrong. The sad thing is that some kids probably would. Kids do stupid things all the time.

I get that most guys think about stories like this with their penis. 'If that we're me back in high school... / Lucky kid...." It's what our culture has devolved to. Kids are being sexualized by the media, by record companies, by their own parents. Like the 8-year-old who got killed with the Uzi he was firing a few years back, who was in my nephew's class, kids are just being driven to too much too soon.

But don't for a minute think that this story and countless others have no impact on a kid and later life. Across the board, victims of sexual abuse, even the statutory kind, have effects. They are more prone to depression... and what seals the argument for me is that, as learned from a development class from the U, they are IIRC 200% more likely to themselves rape and abuse minors. Victims frequently become offenders, in the cycle of sexual abuse. For many of these kids, the story doesn't stop with teacher convicted and boy got lucky and gets high-fives. Sorry to burst the balloon. They can/will be growing up with warped beliefs that sexual contact with minors is normal. And their victim could be your children --- it could be YOUR 12-year-old daughter that he goes on to molest.

Guys need to get out of the mentality that this kid is "lucky" when in reality this kid and others have just been introduced into the cycle of sexual abuse.

There is no OK level of abuse, it's not OK if the offender is a woman any more than it boils your blood when it's a guy going after a little girl. It doesn't matter if she's plain. It doesn't matter if she's beautiful. It doesn't matter if she's a cheerleader. It does matter that what she's done will have a lifelong effect in ways that you guys who think only with your penis are totally unaware of. NO abuse is OK. No abuse should just be swept under the rug.