Cowboys at Giants on NBC to open 2012 NFL season

papazoid

are you ready for some football ?

The NFL announced today that the Giants, in the traditional role of the Super Bowl champions, will host the first game of the season at MetLife Stadium, and they’ll do it against the Cowboys on Wednesday, September 5, on NBC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/

Wed night game? Nice :D I hope there is also a Thurs night game...and then college ball Sat, and opening Sunday for the NFL that weekend...CAN'T WAIT!!!

Wed night game? Nice :D I hope there is also a Thurs night game...and then college ball Sat, and opening Sunday for the NFL that weekend...CAN'T WAIT!!!

No Thurs game. They did this because the final night of the Dems Convention is Thurs. Showing the Prez a little respect is all...

Great- another year with the mediocre and overexposed Cowboys getting primetime games they do not deserve. I predict they will grace us with at least 4 primetime games.

Personally, living in Cowboys/Texans country, I love it when either team is on national tv...it makes the chance of the Bills being on Sunday afternoon all the greater...got to watch 4 Sunday afternoon Bills games, this past season, all from the comfort of my own living room...of course, one of them happened to be that beatdown from the Cowboys! :sick:

I believe the week before the draft, unless your not mistaken

Yes I believe you're right because I just checked online and last year even though we had the whole collective bargaining issue, the schedule was released 10 days before the draft. So hopefully by the 18th we should know the schedule.

Great- another year with the mediocre and overexposed Cowboys getting primetime games they do not deserve. I predict they will grace us with at least 4 primetime games.

I agree, we get too much Romo jammed down our throat. No, most of us don't like him and dont consider him the 2nd coming of anything, no matter how much air time he gets. The league needs to get this.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

On the other hand we'll be football famished at that point and it's an inter-division game between two pretty good teams with lots of talented players.

You'll be watching it I'm sure… I'll definitely be watching it and hoping for a close and competitive game.

NFL football… what can you say?

I agree, we get too much Romo jammed down our throat. No, most of us don't like him and dont consider him the 2nd coming of anything, no matter how much air time he gets. The league needs to get this.

Right but I will probably watch it. Millions of cowboy fans probably wouldn't watch us.... Such is life.

If we had they same timeslots they do, their fans would watch us. If it's the only night game....they will watch.

Not in the same quantity. The nfl is doing this for ratings. Cowboys draw higher national viewership than we do.

Even if we match percentages tuned in for games not involving our teams, they have volume.

Edited by NoSaint

Expect it to be worse. Romo is due to be a

first time dad any day now. That will be

jammed down our throat too!! Fair warning!!

Right but I will probably watch it. Millions of cowboy fans probably wouldn't watch us.... Such is life.

This one does!!! I grew to love them too

while watching MY team play on tv at

Stadium Cafe in Adisson with the Bills

Backers group.

Expect it to be worse. Romo is due to be a

first time dad any day now. That will be

jammed down our throat too!! Fair warning!!

The silver lining is that maybe it'll dilute the Tebow coverage.

:)

Not in the same quantity. The nfl is doing this for ratings. Cowboys draw higher national viewership than we do.

Even if we match percentages tuned in for games not involving our teams, they have volume.

That raises a good question.

With it being the first game of the season and with so many fans obsessed with the NFL, I wonder how much the ratings would differ if it was Giants-Bills instead of Giants-Cowboys?

It might not be as big a difference as one might think.

Just a thought.

The silver lining is that maybe it'll dilute the Tebow coverage.

:)

That raises a good question.

With it being the first game of the season and with so many fans obsessed with the NFL, I wonder how much the ratings would differ if it was Giants-Bills instead of Giants-Cowboys?

It might not be as big a difference as one might think.

Just a thought.

It would still get stellar ratings, but I think the gap would still exist. Otherwise, you could plug in a blah team and save a marquee ratings matchup for later.

The other point being, it's not like we were passed up for this game, as there are merely 8 teams eligible to play the giants in NY. Certainly wasn't going to be the saints so that leaves 7. Drop the bucs and browns and its 5. No way they put rg3 on that stage to fail week 1... Really it's Dallas, Philly, GB or steelers - A division rival and established team makes sense. Add huge viewership. Frankly we could groan about any of those having 5 primetime games every year

Edited by NoSaint

If we had they same timeslots they do, their fans would watch us. If it's the only night game....they will watch.

I agree, this is good for cowboys, not the other way around. It's a big myth that people outside Dallas are clamoring to see cowboys in droves. Actually many people find then a turn off.

If the Bills are good, people will watch. It's the NFL. And even if they didn't, I couldn't care less.

I agree, this is good for cowboys, not the other way around. It's a big myth that people outside Dallas are clamoring to see cowboys in droves. Actually many people find then a turn off.

Yes good ole Jerry is beaming today!

There are Cowboy fans away from Dallas.

San Antonio and the El Paso area have

a huge fan base. Phoenix too. Years ago

the only time the old Sun Devil Stadium

would sell out was when Dallas played

there. The team trained in Thousand

Oaks California at one time and now

trains in Oxnard. There is a fan base

there too.

Dallas has International fans too.

Mexico and Mexico City have a huge