TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

In looking at the video, looks like the Jets were the home team. At 34 sec. you see "Jets" in the endzone. There are certain places where I wouldn't think of doing what the Giants fan did. Philly, Oakland, Detroit and NY. Trying to withold judgement(I wasn't there) but that looks like Ed's usual seat during Jets games. Giants fan goes to my seat and tries that, he gets pushed out of the way too.

Well then, Dopey...then I guess you'd be as obnoxious as any unruly NYer prone to acts of violence against another human being simply for expressing a differing opinion - and thusly would also charged with assault.

Unless of course Tebow is on my team. Then I just pray for the Giant fan. :doh:

Now you're gettin' The Holy Spirit 0:)

This all started with me defending NYorkers from being grouped as "maggots" by someone. Sorry I started this.

I'm sorry you did too... but ya did!

I never once grouped all NYers as maggots - I travel to NYC frequently on business and pleasure, have many friends who live there, find the vast majority of NYers (aside from Jets fans, who are actually mostly from New Jersey anyway) to be wonderful people, and the quality and variety of social, culinary, and cultural experiences unsurpassed.

The indisputable fact remains, however, that the city with the largest US population will also have a proportionally high number of human maggots, cockroaches, and miscreants.

Like Fireman Ed :nana:

post-2970-012015900 1332443739_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes of course - an anti-Tebow conspiracy where the team tries to lose to get the number 1 by playing Tebow to make him look bad! I don't know why people just cannot admit that Tebow is just not a good NFL QB. In this case you have John Elway, one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time, making a judgement that Tebow is not a long term solution at QB. He went out and signed Manning instead to compliment an already dominant defense with a great QB in an attempt to win now. He sent tebow packing because apparently he is smart enough to realize, unlike the Tebow fanboys, that having this guy on the bench and in the locker room, with all the hysteria his presence creates, would be devise and counterproductive. Since he will likley never be a full time NFL QB, it is not worth the risk. Good luck to the Jets with that. I hope he starts. I think I would trust Elway's judgement here a great deal more than that of Tebow's many fans.

:blink:

Did you read what I wrote at all? Where did I say anything about Tebow's talent? That had nothing at all to do with my post. But really, keep trying to pound that point home.

But do you see Frenkle....without Tebow making the zealots panties wet.....and the anti-zealot zealots panties bunch up and twist.....

....the circus would only have one ring with a dog catching frisbees.

Tebow is a mirror. What people see when they look at him...is a reflection of them....not him.

He's merely a well-adjusted kid who is firm in his beliefs yet humble. He takes what he does and believes very seriously, but does not take himself too seriously.

Why that, and kneeling for longer than most, makes anyone uncomfortable in any way, well, frankly Frenkle? I think we both know the root cause of that = their own insecurities/weaknesses.

That's certainly what he works hard to put out there. The truth is that nobody is perfect (to avoid the inevitable argument, I'll say present company excluded). That makes him a phony in my mind, but time will tell.

What makes me sick is seeing all of these so-called Bills fans get all fired up about the Broncos last year just because some rookie QB wears his religion like a hairshirt. I'm interested to see how that translates now that he's with a division rival. So much hype for an average to potentially above-average football player. I'd pull for him if he played for the Bills, but like just about every other player on any of the other 31 teams, he can go take a flying leap off a bridge as far as I'm concerned.

This move will eventually set the Jets back atleast 3-4 years.

They will win some cute games with Tebow...in the long run i mean 2 season's from now, Rex is gone and the new HC is left having to throw Tebow out and name Sanchez his starter again. After a year, new HC realizes Sanchez sucks too and they draft a rookie. I love it. Thank you Tebow. Btw i love Tebow. Maybe one of the greatest college players of all time. But a few more years and a bunch more hits, he is done.

My friend (a saints fan who doesn't care one way or the other about tebow) says that its only a matter of time before we catch little timmy in a hotel room with coke and some tranny hookers. NYC just ups those odds.

It appears that Tebow's first conversation with Rex Ryan has started him down that path:

Tebow'sfirstchatwithRyan

:blink:

Did you read what I wrote at all? Where did I say anything about Tebow's talent? That had nothing at all to do with my post. But really, keep trying to pound that point home.

I did read what you wrote. You said you thought Elway tanked he season and was trying get rid of Tebow. That is the point I was responding to as being ridiculous. Perhaps you should read my post.

Sanchez isn't anything special, but he accounted for 32 touchdowns and has improved every year he's been in the league. Tebow's going to have to put in bigtime work to even get to the point of being an average quarterback.

By all accounts he regressed last year, his 3rd in the NFl. Jets: 5th ranked defense, but .500 record. They have one of the best Olines and have been surrounding Sanchez with WR talent. Again where were they going with him at QB?

That flawed assumption that Sanchez is something worth building around rears its ugly head once again.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I did read what you wrote. You said you thought Elway tanked he season and was trying get rid of Tebow. That is the point I was responding to as being ridiculous. Perhaps you should read my post.

I don't know why people just cannot admit that Tebow is just not a good NFL QB. In this case you have John Elway, one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time, making a judgement that Tebow is not a long term solution at QB.
I think I would trust Elway's judgement here a great deal more than that of Tebow's many fans.

Yeah, don't know why I was confused. Keep hacking away.

Day One with Tebow as a member of the New York Jets:

1) Televangelist Pat Robertson weighs-in with an unflatteringly Christian view on the Tebow trade: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/pat-robertson-a-peyton-manning-injury-would-serve-the-broncos-right/

2) Recently acquired Jets QB Drew Stanton now wants out of New York: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/report-drew-stanton-wants-out-of-new-york/

3) John Elway states that Tebow was given the choice between being traded to the Jets or the Jaguars while Tebow disavows any part in the fact that he ended up in New York: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/elway-tebow-differ-on-whether-quarterback-chose-jets/

Literally a Three-Ring Circus.

Day One with Tebow as a member of the New York Jets:

1) Televangelist Pat Robertson weighs-in with an unflatteringly Christian view on the Tebow trade: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/pat-robertson-a-peyton-manning-injury-would-serve-the-broncos-right/

2) Recently acquired Jets QB Drew Stanton now wants out of New York: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/report-drew-stanton-wants-out-of-new-york/

3) John Elway states that Tebow was given the choice between being traded to the Jets or the Jaguars while Tebow disavows any part in the fact that he ended up in New York: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/elway-tebow-differ-on-whether-quarterback-chose-jets/

Literally a Three-Ring Circus.

There is nothing Christian about Pat Robertson or his view on the trade.

That video was a lot funnier before the Bills began their own ten year odyssey of embarrassingly bad first round draft picks.

Clearly, you've never been to a Bills-Jets game at the Meadowlands.

Nah. We didn't pass on Marino, Sapp....the list is too long. The comparison is there...but the magnitude of their blunders makes it almost irrelevant.

Actually, for a few seasons, I went to that game each time. Never had much of a problem. Saw some guy try to throw something at the girl I was with, miss, and hit the wife of a NYC cop...and get landsharked by the cop. :D That was about the biggest problem I had. Nowhere near as bad as other away games I have been to. Philly Pre-season game remains far and away the worst I have seen.

That's certainly what he works hard to put out there. The truth is that nobody is perfect (to avoid the inevitable argument, I'll say present company excluded). That makes him a phony in my mind, but time will tell.

What makes me sick is seeing all of these so-called Bills fans get all fired up about the Broncos last year just because some rookie QB wears his religion like a hairshirt. I'm interested to see how that translates now that he's with a division rival. So much hype for an average to potentially above-average football player. I'd pull for him if he played for the Bills, but like just about every other player on any of the other 31 teams, he can go take a flying leap off a bridge as far as I'm concerned.

One thing you can usually count on here? Frenkle reinforcing your point for you, completely unintentionally. :lol:

According to Frenkle, who is against zealots, but not a zealot himself :w00t:: Tebow works hard at being genuine, but he really isn't....and Frenkle knows this because....nobody is perfect? And, since Frenkle knows this...that makes Tebow a phony?

Yeah, this post is not a reflection of Frenkle, and speaking of perfect, a perfect example of Tebow being a mirror that reflects the insecurities, or affirms the zealotry, Christian or anti-Christian, of the observer, at all. :lol: Nice work Frenkle, couldn't have said it better myself.

What do I have to do with this? Nothing. More insecurities.

Frenkle says he doesn't care, but at the same time says this makes him sick to the point that he feels justified in questioning the motives and fandom of his fellow fans. :lol:

The other thing you can usually count on Frenkle for? Contradicting himself within his own post. :lol:

I live about 30 miles away from his mansion. He's not a modest Christian thats for sure

Since when is it not possible to be humble, modest, and genuine, but also have a big mansion, at the same time?

How many people with big mansions...do you actually know personally? How many times have you been to their mansions? Or better, how many times do you wish you had?

The difference is...I've been to plenty of mansions, and I have news for you: you are just as likely to find the same distribution of good guys and bad at them....as you will at some dive bar in South Buffalo. I've been to both. Have you?

Edited by OCinBuffalo