TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tebow - a guy that works hard, is a team player and tough competitor, never has anyhing bad to say about anyone - is causing you locker room problems, then your problem isn't Tebow, you were messed up to begin with.

The problem isn't Tebow, rather, it's Tebow-mania. Reporters from all over the nation will be asking every player on the team questions about everything Tebow does or says, why he plays well, or why he doesn't play. The fact that it's New York compounds the problem. However, I agree that the jets ARE messed up to begin with. It's great. :lol:

Then the problem is even bigger. Guys like that should be commended rather than labelled as trouble bringers. seems like some people in the media like cowherd have it in for him and are tryin to create controversy where it needn't be

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

When asked about plan B, a back up QB and keeping Tim Tebow on the roster John Elway boldly stated there is no plan B, only plan A.

Am I nuts, or does this seem idiotic to anyone else? The kid just took your team to the play offs with an unorthodox throwing style, sparked the team from a 1-4 record to a 7-4 record as QB and ya boot him? I just don't get it!

Kyle Orton was a very good pocket passer and made Tebow look horrid in pre season! ya know, kinda like Trent Edwards used to look so good until the bullets started flying. But when it came to crunch time, Tebow was a winner and sparked a bunch of nobody's to play great. Isn't this the exact same presence that John Elway had himself in his youth? There is no question that Elway was the proverbial perfect pocket passer from the time he was drafted until his 3 SB losses. Elway proved that no matter how great the QB is, he can't do it alone! No matter how many comebacks and games Elway won that SB win eluded him.

It wasn't until Denver built a dominate running running attack with Terrell Davis that he won a SB. 1997 stats, 513 attempts passing, 520 attempts rushing. 1998 stats 491 attempts passing, 525 attempts rushing. Even Jim kelly in his heyday, it was Thurman Thomas who carried the load of that Bills team. Most years the Bills ran more then they threw it despite the Bills being know for a great aerial attack, and the K gun, and the no huddle. It was Thurman Thomas that was 80% of that great Bills offense. The "greatest show on turf" and the Rams wouldn't have worked at all without Marshall Faulk.

Why not have a plan B?

Buddy Nix has a plan B, he obtained Super Mario and then went out and got another DE and pass rusher in Mark Anderson!!! Holy cow, what D line the Bills will have in 2012. No question that the Bills will terrorize opposing QB's this year :worthy:

Stating that, I still wonder if this year the Bills will be able to stop the run. The entire time Jauron was HC the Bills were one of the worst teams in the NFL at run stopping, thanks to the infamous Tampon 2. The Bills ran a more conventional 3-4 the last few years and were even worse at stopping the run. In fact after the switch to the 3-4 in 2010 they set a franchise record for worst in the history of the franchise at stopping the run. They weren't much better in 2011, 28th.

Two areas that Nix has used band-aids on are the LB core and O line. Lets hope they draft LB's to stop the run and some quality OT's to give Fitz more time in the pocket. I like Fitz a bunch! But do the Bills have a plan B at QB? Gailey needs a QB to groom as the eventual replacement for Fitz. I don't see that in Thigpin or Brad Smith.

Here is hoping that Nix turns his eye on the offense now, particularly the line. Man, if the Bills had an O line as good as the new Bills D Line. Fitz could get an easy chair, smoke a pipe and read a book while waiting for his receivers to beak open :P

P.S. have it your way crybaby :nana:

Edited by Fear the Beard

When asked about plan B, a back up QB and keeping Tim Tebow on the roster John Elway boldly stated there is no plan B, only plan A.

Am I nuts, or does this seem idiotic to anyone else? The kid just took your team to the play offs with an unorthodox throwing style, sparked the team from a 1-4 record to a 7-4 record as QB and ya boot him? I just don't get it!

Kyle Orton was a very good pocket passer and made Tebow look horrid in pre season! ya know, kinda like Trent Edwards used to look so good until the bullets started flying. But when it came to crunch time, Tebow was a winner and sparked a bunch of nobody's to play great. Isn't this the exact same presence that John Elway had himself in his youth? There is no question that Elway was the proverbial perfect pocket passer from the time he was drafted until his 3 SB losses. Elway proved that no matter how great the QB is, he can't do it alone! No matter how many comebacks and games Elway won that SB win eluded him.

It wasn't until Denver built a dominate running running attack with Terrell Davis that he won a SB. 1997 stats, 513 attempts passing, 520 attempts rushing. 1998 stats 491 attempts passing, 525 attempts rushing. Even Jim kelly in his heyday, it was Thurman Thomas who carried the load of that Bills team. Most years the Bills ran more then they threw it despite the Bills being know for a great aerial attack, and the K gun, and the no huddle. It was Thurman Thomas that was 80% of that great Bills offense. The "greatest show on turf" and the Rams wouldn't have worked at all without Marshall Faulk.

My entire point for this post is why not keep Tebow? Why not have a plan B? Who better to groom the kid then one of the hardest working behind the scenes, and one of the very best pocket passers in today's NFL in Peyton Manning. Mike Mayock stated Tim Tebow is going to need a few years to sit, develop his technique and skills, what better person to learn under then Manning? Anyway perhaps Manning wanted the kid gone and that was part of the deal to get him into Denver. Seems awful nearsighted to me to not keep a player, a winner like Tebow.

Buddy Nix has a plan B, he obtained Super Mario and then went out and got another DE and pass rusher in Mark Anderson!!! Holy cow, what D line the Bills will have in 2012. No question that the Bills will terrorize opposing QB's this year :worthy:

Stating that, I still wonder if this year the Bills will be able to stop the run. The entire time Jauron was HC the Bills were one of the worst teams in the NFL at run stopping, thanks to the infamous Tampon 2. The Bills ran a more conventional 3-4 the last few years and were even worse at stopping the run. In fact after the switch to the 3-4 in 2010 they set a franchise record for worst in the history of the franchise at stopping the run. They weren't much better in 2011, 28th.

Two areas that Nix has used band-aids on are the LB core and O line. Lets hope they draft LB's to stop the run and some quality OT's to give Fitz more time in the pocket. I like Fitz a bunch! but man, I would have liked to see Tim Tebow a Buffalo Bill and really run that WC and build a top ground attack that would dominate opposing defenses. Gailey needs a QB to groom as the eventual replacement for Fitz. I don't see that in Thigpin or Brad Smith.

Here is hoping that Nix turns his eye on the offense now, particularly the line. Man, if the Bills had an O line as good as the new Bills D Line. Fitz could get an easy chair, smoke a pipe and read a book while waiting for his receivers to beak open :P

This is a Tebow thing. Why not just post it in the "TEBOW!!!!" thread? It is a really nice feature, because it allows the people that don't care about TT, a way of avoiding these kinds of posts, and at the same time, allows the people that do care, to quickly access the TT chatter.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Then the problem is even bigger. Guys like that should be commended rather than labelled as trouble bringers. seems like some people in the media like cowherd have it in for him and are tryin to create controversy where it needn't be

You're absolutely right. He should be thought of as a positive influence on the team, but the media mania surrounding him is going to a big distraction for anyone involved in the Jets organization for a long time.

Its not just about Tebow, its pointing out that the Bills still need a young QB to groom.

Its pointing out that Buddy Nix has a plan B in Anderson, and didn't just rely on plan A who is super Mario.

Its pointing out that no matter how good a pocket passer John Elway was that he didn't win a super bowl until he had a dominate rushing attack with Terrell Davis. That he could have had that dominate run attack with Tebow running the WC.

Its pointing out that the Bills still need to fix the run defense

Its pointing out that the Bills still need to fix the O line.

But hey, if all you got out of this post was that I talked a bit about Tebow....0:)

Edited by Fear the Beard

Its not just about Tebow, its pointing out that the Bills still need a young QB to groom.

Its pointing out that Buddy Nix has a plan B in Anderson, and didn't just rely on plan A who is super Mario.

Its pointing out that no matter how good a pocket passer John Elway was that he didn't win a super bowl until he had a dominate rushing attack with Terrell Davis. That he could have had that dominate run attack with Tebow running the WC.

Its pointing out that the Bills still need to fix the run defense

Its pointing out that the Bills still need to fix the O line.

But hey, if all you got out of this post was that I talked a bit about Tebow....0:)

Yes, but all those aspects you somehow manage to link to Tebow being shipped off. They really don't need to be linked to John Elway and Tebow. Why not just pose those questions without framing it with TT? It's easily done, but you didn't want to.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

You're absolutely right. He should be thought of as a positive influence on the team, but the media mania surrounding him is going to a big distraction for anyone involved in the Jets organization for a long time.

How do you know it won't be posiive ? They're already a disaster. Maybe he's the catalyst in getting their act together. Clearly none of their existing "leaders" Ryan, Sanchez. Captain Holmes have that capability.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Man this guy clearly has it out for Tebow. Such a shame, the poor kid gets killed by people and he's such a good kid. If only he ran over Canadian women on Chippewa or shot himself in the leg, we'd actually be able to look up to him. Get a grip Matthew's Bag.

Another one.

Any of the topics that were brought up have multiple threads discussing them, they really don't have anything to do with how Elway got rid of Tebow. And here again, him being a nice guy, or referring to foolish behavior by other players, really isn't pertinent to the Bills ("Such a shame"). It all has it's place in the "TEBOW!!!" thread. That is why it's there!

With what I saw of a thigpen last year looks like we don't have a plan B either.

Every team has weaknesses. It would be nice to have a better backup QB, but how many teams really do? Any backup QB that plays well behind an established guy, usually gets traded right away because their team has other needs, and there are always other teams desperate for a good QB.

With what I saw of a thigpen last year looks like we don't have a plan B either.

:thumbsup: Exactly

Does this coaching staff really think that if Fitz goes down with a serious injury that Brad Smith or Tyler Thigpin will get the job done? I know they already have no faith in either of them at QB because they still played Fitz even when injured last year.

If they have no faith why even have them on the roster @ 6+ million?

The problem isn't Tebow, rather, it's Tebow-mania. Reporters from all over the nation will be asking every player on the team questions about everything Tebow does or says, why he plays well, or why he doesn't play. The fact that it's New York compounds the problem. However, I agree that the jets ARE messed up to begin with. It's great. :lol:

The super-sized attention on Tebow will foster serious resentment from the other 52 players and it will end ugly.

This is Flutiemania x 100. NY Post, NY Daily News. Holy cow is this going to be fun to watch. As TO once said, get your popcorn ready...lol

There's ever reason to believe that this will set the Jets franchise back many years.

Always thought at some level Elway was frustrated with Tebows success last year. He wasn't Elways pick to start the season and was forced on him when his choice Orton was doing nothing. Would have been easier for elway if tebow came in and lost too, then he could say there I gave you what you wanted and he stunk too. Time to go out and find someone else. Elways been looking for an out all along and must have been ecstatic when manning gave him that, because not much else would have.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack