TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

The super-sized attention on Tebow will foster serious resentment from the other 52 players and it will end ugly.

This is Flutiemania x 100. NY Post, NY Daily News. Holy cow is this going to be fun to watch. As TO once said, get your popcorn ready...lol

There's ever reason to believe that this will set the Jets franchise back many years.

Just 100?

If you've ever been to a Jets game where the QB struggles, you hear grumbles from every Jet fan around you. Imagine if Sanchez throws 3 picks in a loss in Week 1 (actually, you probably don't have to imagine)...how many of those fans will be calling for Tebow? On top of that, how many will actually think Tebow can help them win?

Even worse, E$PN, NFLN, and every single football media outlet will ask the question "Should we see Tebow?". Then it will get overanalyzed to death and I'll end up boycotting ESPN.

This could easily get beyond ugly real fast...and I'll sit back and enjoy the show. :beer:

Edited by BuffaloWings

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 100?

If you've ever been to a Jets game where the QB struggles, you hear grumbles from every Jet fan around you. Imagine if Sanchez throws 3 picks in a loss in Week 1 (actually, you probably don't have to imagine)...how many of those fans will be calling for Tebow? On top of that, how many will actually think Tebow can help them win?

Even worse, E$PN, NFLN, and every single football media outlet will ask the question "Should we see Tebow?". Then it will get overanalyzed to death and I'll end up boycotting ESPN.

This could easily get beyond ugly real fast...and I'll sit back and enjoy the show. :beer:

In your example how do you know the fans are wrong?

Now that extra 4th can be Kirk Cousins or Brock osweiler without worrying about building depth at DE.

If Kirk Cousins beats the odds and develops well. Lee Evand for Kirk Cousins well . . . Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Always thought at some level Elway was frustrated with Tebows success last year. He wasn't Elways pick to start the season and was forced on him when his choice Orton was doing nothing. Would have been easier for elway if tebow came in and lost too, then he could say there I gave you what you wanted and he stunk too. Time to go out and find someone else. Elways been looking for an out all along and must have been ecstatic when manning gave him that, because not much else would have.

As I believe is the OP's point, Elway is NOT the guy to try and emulate. IMO, he tried to tank the season last year, and also get rid of Tebow at the same time. There's no other way to explain trading Lloyd the way they did. Or starting Tebow over Quinn. Or the way Elway seemed to be upset every time the Broncos pulled out a win...until of course he was caught on camera and the media started questioning it, then he was all smiles and celebration. I really do believe he thought he could throw Tebow to the wolves, make the team and city hate him when he failed, and get Luck all in one move.

Pretty much crashed and burned on that one. As you said, Manning gave him an out, but my guess that backfires as well. Not so much that it would have been better to keep Tebow, just that Manning isn't going to do much but keep Denver in mediocre land until he retires.

One thing that has been made very clear to me, the Bills front office has a plan. They think about these things and aren't making moves just because they think they are smarter than everyone else. They seem to think about the whole picture, and if the right move isn't there for the right price, they wait until something better comes along.

My friend (a saints fan who doesn't care one way or the other about tebow) says that its only a matter of time before we catch little timmy in a hotel room with coke and some tranny hookers. NYC just ups those odds.

I hope Tebow-mania suddenly takes the media capital of the world by storm! The Big Apple is full of filthy maggots - and in a land of apathy, self-indulgence, general rudeness, and brazen assaults and street-corner muggings in broad daylight, I don't see how a little very public mass-'Tebow-ing' can possibly be a bad thing...

post-2970-079471800 1332420434_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

As I believe is the OP's point, Elway is NOT the guy to try and emulate. IMO, he tried to tank the season last year, and also get rid of Tebow at the same time. There's no other way to explain trading Lloyd the way they did. Or starting Tebow over Quinn. Or the way Elway seemed to be upset every time the Broncos pulled out a win...until of course he was caught on camera and the media started questioning it, then he was all smiles and celebration. I really do believe he thought he could throw Tebow to the wolves, make the team and city hate him when he failed, and get Luck all in one move.

Pretty much crashed and burned on that one. As you said, Manning gave him an out, but my guess that backfires as well. Not so much that it would have been better to keep Tebow, just that Manning isn't going to do much but keep Denver in mediocre land until he retires.

One thing that has been made very clear to me, the Bills front office has a plan. They think about these things and aren't making moves just because they think they are smarter than everyone else. They seem to think about the whole picture, and if the right move isn't there for the right price, they wait until something better comes along.

Ah, yes of course - an anti-Tebow conspiracy where the team tries to lose to get the number 1 by playing Tebow to make him look bad! I don't know why people just cannot admit that Tebow is just not a good NFL QB. In this case you have John Elway, one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time, making a judgement that Tebow is not a long term solution at QB. He went out and signed Manning instead to compliment an already dominant defense with a great QB in an attempt to win now. He sent tebow packing because apparently he is smart enough to realize, unlike the Tebow fanboys, that having this guy on the bench and in the locker room, with all the hysteria his presence creates, would be devise and counterproductive. Since he will likley never be a full time NFL QB, it is not worth the risk. Good luck to the Jets with that. I hope he starts. I think I would trust Elway's judgement here a great deal more than that of Tebow's many fans.

In your example how do you know the fans are wrong?

Because as bad as Sanchez is, he's still more competent as an NFL quarterback than Tebow will probably ever be. Not to mention the players in NY aren't going to be receptive to running a dumbed down, option offense with 7 pass attempts a game like Denver did to accommodate "the chosen one".

Ah, yes of course - an anti-Tebow conspiracy where the team tries to lose to get the number 1 by playing Tebow to make him look bad! I don't know why people just cannot admit that Tebow is just not a good NFL QB. In this case you have John Elway, one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time, making a judgement that Tebow is not a long term solution at QB. He went out and signed Manning instead to compliment an already dominant defense with a great QB in an attempt to win now. He sent tebow packing because apparently he is smart enough to realize, unlike the Tebow fanboys, that having this guy on the bench and in the locker room, with all the hysteria his presence creates, would be devise and counterproductive. Since he will likley never be a full time NFL QB, it is not worth the risk. Good luck to the Jets with that. I hope he starts. I think I would trust Elway's judgement here a great deal more than that of Tebow's many fans.

People throw away their first year all the time, because they know thats the only time they get a free pass, so they clean house, create cap space and position for a great draft.

And as far as conceding Elway will be a great judge of QB talent because he was a great QB, well consider Michael Jordan was the greatest bball player of all time and he was an awful evaluator of talent.

I hope Tebow-mania suddenly takes the media capital of the world by storm! The Big Apple is full of filthy maggots - and in a land of apathy, self-indulgence, general rudeness, and brazen assaults and street-corner muggings in broad daylight, I don't see how a little very public mass-'Tebow-ing' can possibly be a bad thing...

The Big Apple consists of about 8 million people. You're going to find some people who are rude, but the filthy maggots part and the rest was uncalled for. I'm sure if you cared to try, you would find the good outweighs the bad by a wide margin in the Big Apple.

Hey...a little 'mass-Tebow-ing' beats some drunken retired fireman from New Jersey running around the stadium displaying his spelling prowess after pounding beers all afternoon :beer:

I like Tebow( a lot), but is that fireman(Fireman Ed/Joe?) hurting anybody by trying to get the fans involved in the game? That's a whole lot different than the "filthy maggots" coments and the like. You would rather see a stadium of fans "Tebowing" instead of cheering their team on? I call that WEIRD, but hey you know the saying about politics and religion. Leave it alone,esp. here.

Edited by Dopey

I say Boomer and Carton this morning....hysterical! Their interview of the Jets GM was the single biggest beating I have heard on the radio. They didn't even try to be respectful. Well Boomer tried...until he brought up the Jets saying they "passed on Peyton Manning" last week :woot:! I am tempted to watch Mike Francesa on Yes this afternoon, (Yeah, I'm getting work done...shut it), just for the lulz!

As Bills fans, there's nothing we could ever do/say/wish on a division rival that trumps this. Yeah, Ricky Williams quitting for dope chaos, yeah, Bryan Cox spitting chaos, yeah, Pats* get destroyed by the Bears in the SB and suck for the next 10 years...chaos, none of it...none of it...trumps the Chaos Bomb that the Jets have dropped on themselves.

All of this....and Tebow isn't even in NYC yet. Training camp hasn't started yet. Sanchez hasn't thrown a pick yet. The Jets haven't lost 2 games in a row yet. And most importantly, the WR haven't started bitching yet. :lol:

This is the equivalent of "I voted for it before I voted against it", in terms of the ultimate gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

This colon cowturd guy is really desperate and pulling out all the dirty tricks to undermine tebow. Now he's pulling out the " I heard from a source who I can't name that tebow isn't a saint" blah blah blah. Does this guy hate Christians or something? Hes really bitter about something