DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

Not one bit. He is under contract like Jason Peters was.

They have plenty of money left to sign both of them and the rookies. Neither Freddy nor Anderson would likely be big dollars. You could probably get Anderson for two years and 10 million and then release Edwards who would make 7+ in that time.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some history on him where it says he's much better in the situational pass rusher role, which is likely how we would use him too.

Which, ironically, is where we could have used Aaron Maybin if we had HAD a role for the situational pass rusher. As it was, we had no pass rush to begin with and so a "situational pass rusher" was a luxury we couldn't afford.

He played back-up most of the year but was a situational pass rusher as a 4-3 DE. But since the Pats scored so many points and other teams had to pass to catch up or keep up, he was on the field a lot to rush the passer. Late in the season and in the playoffs the Pats switched to more of a base 3-4 and he started I think at OLB in the 3-4, but in the Merriman role of rushing most plays, and was very effective. I read some history on him where it says he's much better in the situational pass rusher role, which is likely how we would use him too.

Anderson would seem to be a better fit in Wanny's system than Dwan Edwards. Guess we'll have to wait to see..

Makes you wonder if Mario did some recruiting huh?

I hope you and Bills of Boston are right. It's a damn good sign if Mario is already attempting to lure talent here. Buddy has a plan. Everyone he has brought in has basically turned into a recruiter for us. Merriman, Barnett, maybe now Super Mario. Nice job front office. Whether we get more pieces or not keep looking, keep trying. This team has needed talent for years. Good to see a front office that recognizes that fact and appears to be doing something about it.

;) I wonder what that was all about. A friend of mine from high school co-owns The Mansion and said Mario stayed there both nights.

Is that where he saw the deer in the backyard on Wednesday night?

He played back-up most of the year but was a situational pass rusher as a 4-3 DE. But since the Pats scored so many points and other teams had to pass to catch up or keep up, he was on the field a lot to rush the passer. Late in the season and in the playoffs the Pats switched to more of a base 3-4 and he started I think at OLB in the 3-4, but in the Merriman role of rushing most plays, and was very effective. I read some history on him where it says he's much better in the situational pass rusher role, which is likely how we would use him too.

So it would be like we had super Mario on one side (and from how Anderson sounds) a super Maybin on the other.

Oh, and that worked out so well for us.

Nix promised to negotiate an extension that would "take care of" him. He has cred on the line.

He also said that he'd take care of it in July/August. Why are we worrying in March?